Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 4,706

JaxonH

Oh my gosh that was insanely intense and awesome and epic and... wow!

I am impressed.

I carted once, and NEARLY carted at least half a dozen other times, and had to farcast back to base twice to restock on potions. What a truly epic final boss. Ahtal-Ka level of epic? Mmmmm... not sure. But it’s up there. It’s definitely up there.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH Ya I mean on my first try I Lost, the 2nd, I carted 2 times, I was had to keep going back to camp as to not die, and I used armor skin and demon drugs, and it still was hard LOL. Great fight.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Snatcher
I had to eventually use armorskin and demondrug myself. Top notch.

Have you fought Crimson Glow Valstrax yet? Best fight in the game. I love it. It’s surreal seeing the MHGU flagship in Rise. And he’s tough. Put up a heck of a fight. Carted once.

I then unlocked a page and a half of new advanced quests with multiple monsters, and the apexes. Still need to do the Apex Zinogre rampage to unlock his quest though. Haven’t figured out how to unlock rampage weapon upgrades yet or upgrade Narwa/Ibushi armor.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH You know I have been waiting for val, I just need to reach HR 100, Rampages will let me do that no problem.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

TeeJay

I tripled carted the first time I attempted the final boss. Second attempt I had it downloaded and took it down in a little over 15 minutes with one cart. An epic fight for sure.

Crimson Glow Valstrax seems like a flashier Valstrax with a couple new moves, like that huge laser cannon. Still, just having Valstrax here is freaking awesome, I love that thing. Took it down fairly quick just like the old days back in MHGU, though some of its extra tricks did catch me by surprise a couple of times.

And now I've got quite a few new quests to take care of, nice.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

I love the new Valstrax weapons and armor. And I see over half a dozen weapons of each type (Rajang, Chameleos, Teostra, Kushala Daora, Diablos, Narwa, Ibushi, Rampage) which now have a further upgrade. Which means I’m gonna need GOBS of All-Mother Narwa orbs, GOBS of Valstrax orbs and parts and GOBS of Defended 9 tickets.

Just beat Ramage with Apex Zinogre solo, and that’s the closest I’ve come to failing a rampage to date. The final gate was completely battered and broken down into shambles, barely hanging on by a thread. I thought for sure I was going to fail. But now Apex Zinogre is unlocked for normal quests, so that’s nice.

But ya, this means tons of farming Apex Zinogre rampage, All-mother Narwa and Crimson Glow Valstrax. I also unlocked Narwa and Ibushi wooden carvings which was cool. And there’s a page and a half of new advanced quests.

So if anyone wants to hunt today, get at me. I used vacation since this is the final big update for the base game.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Oh man Val was one hell of a fun fight, And his amor goes great dragon weapons, (Good for Chameleos) But even for base weapons its pretty good, Probably going to farm that out, I don't need the bazel armor anymore (Plus it kicks ass).

I carted once due to his "Around the world" move, It looks so cool that I'm looking more then trying not to get hit, It was just so much fun, I Just don't know how to say it, I think he is my number one monster in the series now.

Edited on by Snatcher

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Did you ever play Valstrax in MHGU?

Snatcher

@JaxonH I did in the demo yes, I have been meaning to get it but I want to wait for a sale since when it does its hella cheap.

I never did beat him in the demo, The demo is always harder then it would be bc of the armor, and I can't do it is Prowler mode without timing out, But I still like fighting it even if I never did win, After that I have just loved everything about it and Have been longing for him to be in this game.

TeeJay

@Snatcher For sure, Valstrax is much easier in the real game than the demo. The demos always unreasonably inflate the difficulty, mostly due to the insanely short time limit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@TeeJay IKR, I never understood that.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
They don’t want people to enjoy the full experience of hunting the flagship in a demo. It’s set up to give people a taste, set them up to fail via timing out, and make them want to play the full game to beat the monster.

Ulysses

@DomGC It's pretty sad to see the state of modern gaming on places like the MH subreddit. Gamers have become RNG addicts, trained to love the habitual loot grind after years of popular live service games like Destiny/Apex Legends/Fortnite/etc., and now games like Outriders and any other Me-Too.

Now they criticize MHRise for not containing enough endgame content, when what they're really complaining about is not having some RNG slot machine mechanic to turn the game into an infinite grind.

If anything, my biggest complaint is that a lot of the new monsters that are fun to fight are quickly sidelined as "beginner" monsters, like Aknosom and Bishaten. A number of them lack tough endgame quest versions and are stuck with weaker weapon/upgrade trees.

Ulysses

TeeJay

@Ulysses Wouldn't grinding for talismans count as the RNG slot machine though?

Joeynator3000

....Anyone wanna help me raise my HR to 100? It's gonna take forever to do alone. >_>

Gonna go get my butt kicked by the final boss again just because, I do need to deal with Apex Diablos via Rampage, though.

EDIT: ...Ugh, forget it...T.T

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ulysses

@TeeJay People online are complaining that it's not good enough of a slot machine. They actually want Genshin Impact levels of slot machine addiction.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Rise just crossed 7 million copies

That's unreal. My estimate was 7 million, but that was total at the end of the generation. If we're crossing 7 just 60 days post launch, I imagine we may hit 9, maybe even 10 mil by the time everything is said and done.

Apex Zinogre is an absolute tank of a unit btw, and I love it.

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 Doing rampages makes it go up pretty quick.

Joeynator3000

@Snatcher ...I did a Rampage and my HR went up by one.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@Ulysses Monster hunter rise is here and pushing the switch to its limit's and people are here complaining about it like dude,.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic