Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 221 to 240 of 4,706

JaxonH

@IronWarrior94
Oh goodness, I would just be guessing.

But if I did guess, I would say Mitzusune is a lock. I also think Astalos will return too since it didn’t make it into World. Glavenus is less likely since it was in both MHGU and World, but it is really popular so I could see them adding it in the Ultimate Edition. Gammoth probably won’t make it, but who knows.

I also think we’ll see either Gore Magala or Seregios, at least one of them, but not necessarily right away. Probably via updates or Ultimate Edition. Brachydios is very popular, but it’s also been in so many games they may choose to omit it in favor of others. But again, who knows. Lagiacrus is highly likely IF they can get leviathans into the game. I’m thinking they will be able to since the areas have flatter terrain and it’s in the RE Engine, and they know it’s in high demand and couldn’t make it into World.

But ya, these are just guesses and speculation. It definitely seems like they’re putting a focus on new monsters, as they did for World. But World ended up getting a ton of monsters over time via Iceborn and updates. I’m pretty sure this game will have a boatload of monsters too once everything’s said and done.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ulysses

Today's the day!! So hype! After today we just have to wait until March haha.......

Ulysses

-Green-

I think Gammoth is probably one of the more likely monsters to be in the game tbh. We see that Popo are in the game and since it's in, we''re very likely to have a snow area. Gammoth is basically the Popodrome and is a unique monster so I could see them include it to add more variety to the roster

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ulysses

JaxonH wrote:

Capcom Live Stream via Rurikhan’s Channel

I'm not sure why, but this Youtuber Rurikhan rubs me the wrong way... Is anyone else streaming it on Youtube?

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Capcom USA Twitch Livestream

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ulysses

@JaxonH Eh, yeah I'll just watch Twitch instead.

If you like Rurikhan then never minddd lol

Ulysses

IronWarrior94

Yeah I expect Mizu, and if he's in then Lagi wouldn't be far behind. Gammoth and Astalos are also possibilities.

Gore Magala and Valstrax have become very popular over a period of time, such that I remember a Japanese fan survey a few months back asking them what old monsters they wanted to see in Iceborne, and these two got the top 2 placements(Val was 1, Gore was 2). If Capcom cares about what specific monsters fans want to see return, then I could see them bringing back these two flagships.

IronWarrior94

JaxonH

Oh my gosh. So much to digest!

• No paintballs. Find the monster and then it shows on the map. Can send owl to spot monsters (similar to the blimp in earlier titles?)
  • Blood returns
  • Optional damage numbers return
  • Voiced shoutouts can be adjusted or turned off in options
  • Camp returns like MH World for restocking (though it doesnt seem like you can fast travel back, which should help balance it better than World)
  • 2 Wirebugs each on a timer that's about 5-10 seconds
  • Can find wirebugs in the maps that bump you up to 3 wirebugs for that quest
  • Riding the palamute allows full player control
  • Shortcuts return
  • Can pet your palamute, and play with your palico
  • graphics look insane

Edited on by JaxonH

-Green-

Yeah this game is absolutely beautiful.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

You can pet your Canyne, and play with your Felyne.

Untitled

Untitled

Screencap Album of every decent shot I could take in the gameplay video.

Edited on by JaxonH

Joeynator3000

Something I completely forgot about that I didn't like about World, and there's no reason to leave it out in this game since it's portable...
Freakin'....PAUSING THE GAME.

If I can't pause Rise for some reason I'm going to punch someone at Capcom. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Handheld footage

@Joeynator3000
Even if you can’t, it won’t be a problem on Switch. Home screen suspends and so does sleep mode. It has to because it’s a portable system. So either way we’re covered. That said, yes I’m sure it’ll have a pause.

Joeynator3000

Good....also so far the map doesn't look complicated or whatever, so that's good. -w-

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

DO. YOU. SEE. HOW. AMAZING. THIS. LOOKS. IN HANDHELD!

Imagine having this Switch Lite in your hands, a handheld system, and playing this game that looks almost as realistic as MH World on power consoles.

Playing MHGU, I never actually dreamed I’d get to play a MH game that looks this good on a portable device. Never thought it would actually happen. This is a dream come true. Just getting MH World was a dream come true, but now having all of those improvements and AAA budget in a handheld title? I must be dreaming. Also, any concerns over how it looks on a base system... have been alleviated.

urrutiap

one thing I'm sort of dreading in Monster Hunter Rise is if we have to do any more heavy quartz ore mining and carrying.

Earlier today I did the regular Hub quest of carrying 2 quartz ores for high rank in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

transporting eggs etc in the older games never bothered me much but after playing alot of catching up in Generations Ultimate I swear im not gonna do any more of carrying around quartz ores of any kind in Monster Hunter Rise.

But if doing an ore quest helps give you an armor or weapon or whatever in Rise, then i guess Ill have to do it but I wont like it

urrutiap

JaxonH

World toned down that kinda stuff a LOT. There was like, one egg quest I remember and that’s pretty much it. Those quests may feature a little more strongly in Rise, but I seriously doubt they’re going to be as frustrating as past games if they are.

TheFrenchiestFry

You know what Rise actually looks pretty great

I just watched through the TGS presentation and even with my limited Monster Hunter knowledge or experience it looks like a pretty slick hybrid of the PSP games, World and MH4U

It looks like they even brought back blood spurting out of a monster when you attack them

This actually looks pretty fun

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Joeynator3000

It'll look even better in person on your own system...lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

Joeynator3000 wrote:

Preach it 😁

@TheFrenchiestFry
That’s the spirit! This game is nothing if it doesn’t draw in new players. Monster Hunter Rise isn’t just for OG vets like me, it’s for people like you. All these QoL changes were specifically implemented so new players such as yourself could more easily jump into the series.

Hop on the hype train- we’re pummeling full steam ahead!

edit
Saw this on reddit. Look how the doggo covers it’s ears lol 😂

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Ulysses

JaxonH wrote:

Joeynator3000 wrote:

Preach it 😁

@TheFrenchiestFry
That’s the spirit! This game is nothing if it doesn’t draw in new players. Monster Hunter Rise isn’t just for OG vets like me, it’s for people like you. All these QoL changes were specifically implemented so new players such as yourself could more easily jump into the series.

Hop on the hype train- we’re pummeling full steam ahead!

edit
Saw this on reddit. Look how the doggo covers it’s ears lol 😂

Untitled

I totally saw that!! It looks SO adorable!

I literally ordered the Collectors Edition while they were finishing up the TGS stream. At first I was hesitating on the stickers and amiibo for a few days, but after the TGS stream showed the amiibo's in a much more flattering light, seeing the sumi-e art design for the monster icons has totally swayed me. I need those gorgeous monster icons in my own hands. I can't believe I even hesitated lol, now I want to buy almost all the Monster Hunter Rise merch from e-Capcom!

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic