Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 4: The Long(er) Wait

Posts 741 to 760 of 939

jump

I wonder if the alleged Metroid Prime Trilogy port got delayed because of 4 as they want the controls to mirror MP4 as close as possible so it’s a seamless transition between the two?

With 4 being scrapped completely they are now waiting for it to get to the stage where they know what button does what in the final game.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

Doubt it. They just didn't want to release it till 4 was closer to coming out. The last thing they wanted was to release it then 3 years later 4 comes out and people forgot about it. I also doubt it gets anything more done to it over what they did to it on the Wii U. Was it even 1080p?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

@Spoony_Tech the Wii U version wasn’t a port, it was a digital version of the Wii game played in Wii mode.

Some work will have to be done as it was only playable with the Wii Remote which isn’t available on the Switch.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

HobbitGamer

@jump I'm probably thinking too simplistically, but what would need to be different in terms of wiimote/joycon? I'm thinking of games I've played used gyro on one joycon for shooting, and it feels quite the same.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

jump

@HobbitGamer The Wii was more like a mouse pointer than gyro, the Wii Remotes had an optical sensor and a sensor bar so it's not as easy as just mapping the buttons.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Octane

@jump It's not that difficult. Just remap the controls to stick controls and gyro controls.

Octane

Dezzy

It's only Prime 3 that required motion controls right? Or did Prime Trilogy force them all to have motion controls?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

porto

I can’t believe I didn’t see this thread until now! I’ll definitely be coming back here every now and then to see it.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy All games were motion controls only, if you wanted to play Prime 1 and 2 with normal controls you had to play the GC versions so pretty much similar setup as Twilight Princess.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

The GameCube and Wii games don't differ that much visually, so in terms of remastering them it wouldn't make a difference. But meh, give me Prime 4. They can keep their overpriced trilogy.

Octane

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Well that seems kinda dumb. I guess they wanted the trilogy to feel like it was consistent.

Well I sure hope they offer a regular controls option on the Switch. There are very few games where I like using motion controls.

MarioBrickLayer

Just had a thought after reading the latest article about another industry heavyweight being hired by Retro Studios for MP4...What if this team is not just for MP4? If this team is as good as it looks on paper and you could keep them together, could we see them begin work on MP5 as soon as MP4 is finished?

Could this represent a major investment in the franchise and the start of a series of Metroid Prime 3D Games?

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer Retro have not created a game in 6 years. They need to be hiring people so they can get something out at long last. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Octane

It's far too early to worry about MP5.

Octane

TheRedComet

@Octane

For real.

All I want now is a gameplay trailer proving Prime 4 actually exists.

TheRedComet

Xyphon22

Looking through the list of people they have hired for this game, the thing I am most concerned about is them turning it away from the explorative Metroid we all know and love and into a more action-oriented FPS that all of the people working on it are used to making (Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo, etc.).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Adnanilyas21

I cant wait to see something on this an di hope we get this in 2021, 2022 is too far away

Adnanilyas21

Dezzy

So are we ever gonna find out what Retro were doing between Tropical Freeze and this? That was like a 3 year gap wasn't it?

Spoony_Tech

I'm more worried that this game is being prepared for whatever system Nintendo is planning next. Whether that's a pro model or Switch 2. I will be upset if it doesn't run on the current hardware or if it runs at half speed on the current but 60fps on a newer model and 4k.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Dezzy TF came out in 2014. Metroid Prime was rebooted around 2019, so more like a 5-year gap.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic