Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 621 to 640 of 765

gcunit

@Bolt_Strike Lol, thanks. I was sure that was inaccessible to me, but guess what... Morph Ball acquired!

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

I-U

Bolt_Strike wrote:

@MS7000 Wouldn't it make more sense for QR-X to not help her and just let her die on ZDR? If Samus survives, she can still hunt any further X-parasites that might happen to be elsewhere. Sure she's less of a threat if she's not an uncontrollable Metroid, but she's not a threat at all if she's dead.

Can she still hunt the X-Parasites if they are elsewhere? The X that infected Quiet Robe, which has his DNA, memories and knowledge, willingly gave itself up knowing that the Thoha strain of Chozo DNA subdues Metroids. Upon receiving that DNA, Samus had an immediate regression of her Metroid characteristics, and it could be possible that whatever characteristics she gained from the vaccine are now suppressed which would mean she is not immune to and cannot absorb X. This presents the X-Parasites potentially, if any still exist elsewhere, with a host that QR-X knew had eradicated 99.99% of their greatest threat across the galaxy. If there's any chance that she could be host to the parasites, she would be too valuable to have killed off given her success against Metroid threats and just due to her overall power in general.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

MarioBrickLayer

I'm 4 hours and 20 minutes in and I love it!!! This is my first 2D Metroid game, I played some Metroid Prime on the GameCube, but didn't get very far or go back to it for some reason.

I love the atmosphere, I've seen people on Twitter etc saying they are lost, I've never felt lost, but have felt stuck several times, usually because I need to find a hidden block or something.

I just beat Kraid and have picked up the Diffusion Beam and Bomb. I'm now in Dairon looking for the second power generator. Not sure if that is good or bad progress after over 4 hours, but I don't care, I love it!! Possibly the best game I have played this year.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

MS7000

@I-U That seems like a good reason as well to be fair. I mean, if it wasn't for the vaccine in Fusion, the SA-X probably would of already spread across the galaxy without being stopped.

@Bolt_Strike The only other theory I can think off would be if for some reason, QR-X was behaving like the actual Quiet Robe and was being kind to Samus, but that doesn't make much sense given it reactivated the E.M.M.Is to hunt Samus down earlier.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

link3710

So... Assuming digital and physical sales for Metroid Dread are somewhat similar (a big assumption admittedly), It's so quite possible that the game"s first week sales already eclipsed the lifetime sales of every other Metroid game in Japan base din the physical sales numbers.

Pretty dang insane, the series finally had a game do well in their home country.

link3710

gcunit

@Octane I'm not having a dig here, but I noticed you closed that non-spoilers Dread thread. This thread has plenty of spoilers in it and I can understand why some would want a non-spoiler version. You were telling the wrong set of users to use spoiler tags 🤭

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike Not my first 2D Metroid (played Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion previously) but it is the first that I felt I needed to get 100% items given the difficulty of certain bosses.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snaplocket

I wonder what the sales will mean for Metroid Prime 4 given that Samus Returns didn't do very well so I don't they were taking notes from that for 4's development.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Balta666

@Grumblevolcano I would say at least Fusion and Samus returns have harder bosses (Samus returns only the bosses besides metroids). Dread has some of the easier to read altough fairly challenging

Balta666

BlueMonk

As for difficulty: I do think they should have added an easy mode. Easy and Normal available at the start and Hard becoming available after you beat normal.

I myself would prefer a more contemplative experience. Okay, the final boss was amazing and it was a good feeling when I beat it. That said, just give the game an accessible option that doesn’t bust any balls.

I will never understand why they won’t add an easy mode so everyone can enjoy it.

I will never be able to view games as a sport, or even a productive way to spend my time. It’s a personal sentiment that I’m just over cooked on boss fights.

Edited on by BlueMonk

BlueMonk

NintendoByNature

Im by no means a git gud kind of guy, or a master on the controller. I often struggle with a lot of games that are uber difficult. But, I have to say I haven't struggled that much with this game. Other than the annoying run ins with the emmis, the bosses aren't too bad imo. I have beaten 3 so far, and a handful of emmis and mini bosses. Pretty much all of them have specific patterns that I've been able to follow and react to. And the controls make it alot easier for me too, I might add. An easy mode wouldn't be the worst thing to add, but on normal I'd say I'm doing OK, dying 3 or 4 times on each boss before beating them.

NintendoByNature

BlueMonk

@NintendoByNature
How would that affect your game though? Don’t want it, don’t need it, ignore it.

A lot of people, including myself on any given day, don’t find wiping three or four times to learn a boss, fun.

There has to be more to gaming than the rule of 3’s. I love Metroid Dread. It’s fast becoming an all time favorite of mine. But I also see the writing on the wall: I just don’t care anymore. Casual it up.

Edited on by BlueMonk

BlueMonk

BlueMonk

@GrailUK
I got hooked on trophies over COVID and I’ve been having to remind myself: there is absolutely no reason to rush this game. I’m still suffering from a bad mentality in that regard.

Gotta beat it; gotta 100% it; gotta do it fast so I can go do more.

I am much happier gaming on my Switch than any other platform.

Edited on by BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Ralizah

@BlueMonk Trophies are interesting. I actually really like them (in fact, just yesterday, I spent, like, ten hours on my PS4 platinuming God of War, lol), but I also kinda like how, on Switch, if I don't want to 100% a game, I don't have some arbitrary checklist taunting me that I didn't properly beat it afterward.

I've noticed a lot of PS gamers mention that they've become so used to trophies that they can't even enjoy games on older platforms.

In general, though, I wish the Switch had some sort of achievement/trophy system, even if it was something different like, say, unlocking special avatars or badges or something when totally finishing a game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)

GrailUK

@Ralizah Oh no thankyou. I find it gross and resent being steered in how to play a game.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

BlueMonk

@Ralizah
I realize it’s entirely in my head, but in my defense, I think trophies are inherently and by design, addictive. For years I didn’t care but I travel a lot for work and when I had all that downtime during COVID (and still do) I managed to get hooked on them. They’re hard for me to just ignore but the Switch is helping me get over it.

For me, it was the THPS 1+2 trophy. That was brutal and by the time I finished it, it had not been about fun but a pointless obsession.

As for difficulty I have a few good friends who will probably skip out on Metroid do to it; I have a few for whom it won’t be hard enough. I wish Metroid gave players of all levels options.

For those who think it’s easy or just right - and I mean this sincerely - more power to you. Obviously after I beat it, it was just right. It’s very fair. Once I learned the final boss, it’s really not bad. It’s really good but it’s not too hard. That’s true of almost any game. Once you learn a boss on Souls the vast majority over the course the series are not hard either. I am just reminding myself how I felt at the time and that was: I wanted to continue my adventure at a more casual level.

THPS and it’s hard”Get There” are genuinely difficult. I still love THPS. I own it on Switch too.

Metroid on hard, very early on (I am not far) doesn’t feel different yet. I was expecting parry windows to all be harder but not only I am getting them all, my first time being caught by the EMMI I parried it. I’ve gotten a lot better at the game and maybe that’s it? I was also expecting less ammo and health. It seems enemies hit harder though.

Edited on by BlueMonk

BlueMonk

BlueMonk

@link3710
The only time I got really cut off in Dread, I thought it was pretty brilliant design, actually. I’d been debating on weather to gamble and go forward or backtrack and try and get more health. When I realized I had cut myself off, the next few hours of gameplay were very intense as I pushed forward.

I also think they give you plenty of time to go back and explore. Including right up to the save before the last fight. I think they very thoughtfully gave you the run of the entire map and cut you off when it made sense.

I also had several surprises in store for me when I thought I’d cleared out the game and just needed a few more items.

BlueMonk

Ninfan

Is the metroid dread collectors edtion, only limited to so many of are they still available ?

Ninfan

Bolt_Strike

@I-U Well can she? I'm not totally convinced that QR-X completely purged Samus' Metroid DNA or removed her ability to absorb X parasites. Remember, Samus already had Thoha DNA, so if that was enough to prevent her from doing so, the Metroid vaccine would've never allowed her to absorb them in the first place. So I doubt absorbing another Thoha would do much other than limit the uncontrolled growth of her Metroid abilities.

@MS7000 Which also entirely didn't make sense because QR-X said "I'm counting on you" as he reactivated the E.M.M.I.s. Counting on who? Samus or the E.M.M.I.s? How do the E.M.M.I.s figure into the X parasites' plans?

@Balta666 In what way was Fusion's harder? I didn't have much trouble with any of them aside from maybe Yakuza-X and SA-X, for Dread you have a much shorter room for error because the bosses deal so much more damage than most Metroid bosses. The only bosses I've face in past Metroid games that even come close to Dread's level of difficulty are Draygon (if you choose to fight it without the Grapple Beam trick) and Diggernaut.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic