Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,057

Haru17

@kkslider5552000 Some people thought that Link was a girl, but I think most were just interested in a character customization option for sex.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

rallydefault

@Haru17
I think you're remembering things a bit differently lol people definitely thought Link was going to be a girl.

It's pretty funny to go back to all these hardcore/in-depth early trailer/footage reactions that some of these big You Tube channels and sites do. The speculation is so outrageous.

"And in the corner we see a potted plant. Perhaps the plant will suddenly grow to epic proportions and warp into an inter-dimensional time warp named Felix..." And some of the comments will be like, "Yea, man, totally on the plant thing! I can't believe some people can't see that!" And the best: "Man, because of that plant thing, this game SUCKS." <game will be released in a smidge over 8 months>

Of course, I civilized the language by a lot.

Anyway, I'm with @jump on this one. Let's wait to judge Odyssey's level variety until, and I can't believe I'm saying this, we've seen all the levels.

rallydefault

Haru17

@rallydefault Lol, I'm not talking about YouTube comments. I'm talking about people's interest. Some people literally thought the character on screen was a woman, likely fueled by wishful thinking because a lot of people wanted to be able to play a girl in Zelda. And that is what a lot of people wanted and still want. The articles after rightly focused upon that aspect of it, finally interviewing Aonuma on the subject and getting an answer out of him.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

meleebrawler

@Dev Well, nobody said that it's our globe that Mario's trotting. The forest seems to be more of a bio-dome, though, intended to preserve nature as evidenced by the watering machines and poison-spewing baddies trying to kill it.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

rk3388

I disagree with the "less is more" comments lol.

In this case, I believe more is more! Of course the quality has to be there, but for a full retail price game to truly attract the masses to the Switch, it has to have a variety of worlds which are all enjoyable.

I'm hoping for at least 10-15, but 30+ would be incredible. Very interested in the 4 worlds we have seen thus far. I do not think 30+ worlds would be overdoing it, as look how many planets were in the SMG series. Also, if you look at the GameXplain analysis of the city you will see it's actually not as big of a level as it appears.

Edited on by rk3388

rk3388

KirbyTheVampire

If it is a globe-trotting theme, which is strongly indicated both by comments from Nintendo and things like the globe on Mario's airship, there's no way it's only gonna have 4 worlds. I don't know for sure, of course, but I'd put my money on there being at least 10-15, maybe more. That doesn't sound like a lot, but when you think about it, Mario Sunshine only had like 7 levels as far as I can remember, and that didn't feel like it wasn't enough. I definitely think they've surpassed that number, though. But of course, we'll have to wait and see. I really doubt there will be as many as there were in the Galaxy games, though. Those levels looked a lot easier to make than the levels we've seen in Odyssey. Still, I think we can be hopeful for a decent number, especially with the supposed globe-trotting theme, and the fact that it has been a substantial number of years since the last non-linear Mario game, which was Sunshine. I think by now Nintendo is capable of making some pretty darn big games, as we've seen with Breath of the Wild.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Octane

@rk3388 Sunshine has 7 levels and Mario 64 has 15 levels. I still remember all of them, could even write them down for you if I had to. How many levels did Mario Galaxy have? 40? Many of those were forgettable levels, you visited them once and never again. I rather see them fleshing out a small number of levels and making sure we visit them several times than having a bunch of 1-star levels that are erased from my memory as soon as I'm done with them.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Expecting as many levels as Galaxy is unreasonable, Galaxy had more levels because they were linear and had less episodes, so they didn't take as long to develop. 40 64/Sunshine style level is way larger than any sandbox game ever, probably too large to handle, 10-15 is closer to what Nintendo can reasonably include.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Luna_110

If this is a sandbox, we can't ask for so many levels as Galaxy 1/2. One of Sunshine's good points for me was reusing the stages, giving you new parts to explore and new goals to achieve, so even if the background was the same it still was something new.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

rk3388

Meh, I still agree with my post. I said HOPING for 10-15 at least. Anything past that would be great. Having upwards of thirty would be great depending on the size of the worlds (the city stage didn't look very large as you can see when Mario jumps from the skyscraper, especially considering you probably can't enter the majority of the buildings).

I think only having 8 worlds would be disastrous because this game should be a system seller, as along with BOTW it's the only other really BIG hitter this year so far. Super Mario Sunshine did only have 7 levels, but it had large levels and a huge hub world as well (Another level or two also would have gone a long way).

Edited on by rk3388

rk3388

Som64

Why has nobody discovered this video before!?

It may not be much but still.
Edit: 0:08 Is that the Cat Mario costume from Super Mario Maker?

Edited on by Som64

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

Spoony_Tech

Forget the video, I want that Mario display in my living room now!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Som64

@Spoony_Tech You too, huh?

Edited on by Som64

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

ThainEshKelch

Nintendo just confirmed it to be sandbox-styled game, like SM64 and SMS.

Hurrah!

ThainEshKelch

Octane

@ThainEshKelch I think they already confirmed that earlier this year when they announced the game...

Octane

ThainEshKelch

Octane wrote:

@ThainEshKelch I think they already confirmed that earlier this year when they announced the game...

You are right. My memory has not been functioning properly in 2017 it seems.

ThainEshKelch

Spoony_Tech

That's why this will be the best Mario game since Sunshine. Don't get me wrong as both Galaxy games are great but not quite the same.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ThainEshKelch

Indeed. They don't have the same feel, and in my opinion, they are not as hard either.

ThainEshKelch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic