Forums

Topic: Mario Strikers Battle League

Posts 201 to 207 of 207

blockfight

Looking to join a team if anyone is looking for players.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

jump

I really wish the game had a bigger roster or more customization. Lots of teams have the same character on both sides and as you're looking head down it's hard to tell who is who in such a quick paced game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump I love the style of Strikers myself and those animations always have to be given special praise, but I think the main thing that puts me off Battle League personally isn't necessarily the small roster (though that does hurt a bit when it's mainly just the typical spin-off cast without much deviation) but rather the gameplay. I highly commend anyone who can get good at Strikers but when I played the Online Beta back in around June-ish, it felt like sitting an English, Maths and PE exam all at the exact same time. I couldn't really get my bearings on anything and when I came across someone who did? May as well just pack it up at that point.

I'm still interested in the game myself for the reasons listed above in addition to the new updates coming down the line (King Boo or Petey Piranha please) but I'd most likely wait for a Black Friday sale before considering (kind of what I'm thinking about doing for Tennis and Golf as well to be honest).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

I've just been playing as the new characters from the update. Pauline is a pretty strong addition however rather annoyingly everyone I played against were also using Pauline and Diddy Kong so it's gets confusing on the pitch.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Laserbeak1982

@Buizel Yeah the single player is pretty brutal. We've just started the 2nd lot of additional cups and the CPU get a lot of cheap goals. You have to play pretty much perfect and have some luck. It does make online feel easier tho

Laserbeak1982

WachiAlphi

I love that Diddy is in this game, he seems to be getting the boot in a lot of spin offs this generation.

This last update has had me coming back to the game much more, the better ai switching is a game changer for me personally. I do hope they add a bigger single player mode, I would love a replayable career mode where we too could take advantage of the club mode customizations in an offline setting.

In the end, I hope they dont abandon this game after 3 updates like they did Super Rush. Lastly, I need my main boy Bowser Jr. to come I next update, feels weird that he hasn't made his appearance yet.

Edited on by WachiAlphi

WachiAlphi

jump

I feel so unmotivated to unlock all the costumes in the game. They just aren't that interesting which is a shame as a more wide range selection to change into would really help set the players apart as the most annoying thing about the game to me is the small roster and the overhead view makes figuring out which player is mine or theirs harder than it should.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic