Forums

Topic: Mario Strikers Battle League

Posts 181 to 200 of 207

Fizza

I've been reminiscing on my time playing the Online Test Demo for Battle League and one thing I was slightly disappointed with was that you couldn't whack the ball from your own half into the net, it would just get converted into a lobbed pass. LET ME PULL A CHARLIE ADAM DAMNIT.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

This game is, unfortunately, starting to lose its steam for me already, which is a huge shame. I love the core gameplay here, but like so many others have mentioned, there's just a blatant lack of things to do. Once you beat those cup battles, that's already all of the single-player content finished. Online also only has one thing to do, and that is to play a standard match of Strike.

I really hope that the updates will increase the amount of replay value by adding new modes and things like that. But yeah, this has been a pretty underwhelming launch for me so far. I really wanted to love this game, and I did at first, but now I'm just starting to feel the burnout.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

meleehunter

@StarPoint Well, the first season of club mode just started which would have given you something to work towards, but it sounds like you missed the window for that already.

In the end, we're all we got.

My Nintendo: meleehunter

roy130390

Personally, I really don't care that much about having a single player story mode or whatever people are asking, although middle CPU level between normal and hard would be great as the difficulty spikes actually feels more like easy to hard and it would be nice for less intensive practice while not being as useless as normal difficulty. But even that isn't that necessary for me... I just want a bigger roster so that the variety feels much more healthy. I think that the game should have had 15 characters since the start and end up having at least 20 with updates.

An option for a bigger field would be nice too, although the fast pacing of the game due to it's size is quite good as it is now. I don't care about hazards/gimmicks on them but it seems that people really want them, although I feel it would be that kind of stuff that they try a couple of times and end up disabling like most people with Smash stages.

Lastly, the 4 players online would be a great addition. I suppose that they would have to work a lot in that as keeping 8 players with different quality in their connections to have a stable match wouldn't be easy, but it was a given that people would ask to have that and a blast if they manage to accomplish it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

NintendoByNature

Finally played My first online Match after quite a few exhibition matches and through a couple cups. Either I am reallllly good, or the guy I played was terrible, because I smoked him 7-0 😂

NintendoByNature

Buizel

Anyone else finding this game to be incredibly cheap in single-player?

The CPU's goalie seems to be able to defend pretty much every shot I send at it. Meanwhile my opponents are getting seemingly easy goals, sometimes from halfway across the field from characters with poor shooting scores.

It's making the game incredibly frustrating to play tbh.

At least 2'8".

meleehunter

@roy130390 Actually, I heard at least most galactic cups actually are normal difficulty, and the actual Hard setting you can put for local quick battle is more difficult.

@Buizel Are you aiming your shots correctly? What's the average technique rating in your team? Those things matter quite a bit for getting shots past Boom-Boom.

roy130390

@meleehunter That makes me feel better about the massacre that happened a couple days ago when I played in quick play against the CPU on hard. Well, the difference wasn't so drastic (3-1) but that was because I was doing my best to hold on haha.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Buizel

@meleehunter Not sure about aiming my shots...other than putting a bit of spin on by holding up or down when I shoot.

Technique is probably averaging at 3/5. I mostly use a team of Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, but have experimented a bit as well.

At least 2'8".

Ryu_Niiyama

Daisy and Shy Guy are getting added.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

StarPoint

I'm happy that Shy Guy is coming, he's one of my favorite characters. Let's hope that the next update doesn't take quite as long to release.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

StarPoint

More free updates have been confirmed for this year:

Not crazy news but worth mentioning. Also the thumbnail is super clickbaity

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Fizza

@StarPoint All hell would break loose if a Rabbid character were to get in, that's all I'm saying.

As for my predictions, I would be shocked if King Boo, Bowser Jr or Pauline don't get in considering how either iconic they are to the series/spinoffs and how popular they are with fans. To be fair though, I got the the character I've wanted since the beginning in Shy Guy so I'm not going to be complaining about any addition they make going forward.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@Fizza Same here. Shy Guy was my number 1 want so, at this point, any additional characters are just icing on the cake. Can't wait to have a team of all Shy Guys

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I think they'll add in the characters from the other Mario Strikers games except the Rare era DK characters.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

sisodinr

yep yep. I won't be surprised when we get Dry Bones as a character. Nintendo sure does love to release things in waves.

NOW GIVE ME WAVE 2 OF MK8DX

sisodinr

meleehunter

I expect at least the OG sidekicks Birdo, Koopa Troopa and Hammer Bro to come back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Super Mario Strikers the first time Hammer Bro was playable? I kind of feel he has a strong association with the series the same way others felt about Daisy.

Edited on by meleehunter

ChameleonBros

@meleehunter Mario Superstars Baseball GCN was the first time, but that released just a few months before the original Strikers, and yea he definitely has.

Edited on by ChameleonBros

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

jump

I've finally got around to playing this today. So far I've lost my first three games, maybe I should try the tutorial but that seems boring since I'm having a blast anyway.

I remember everyone talking about how violent the game looked before it came out and I'm pretty disappointed so far, more violence in the next update please!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

sisodinr

@jump
I definitely recommend the tutorial. it goes slowly which is a drag, but it helps with getting the hang of the controls, especially if you haven't played a Strikers game before. But if you can get through without the tutorial, then all power to you.

sisodinr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic