Forums

Topic: Mario Strikers Battle League

Posts 121 to 140 of 207

meleehunter

@Pizzamorg Ironically, I do feel like the previous Strikers are more guilty of having some mechanics (potentially) overshadow the core gameplay than Battle League looks. Super and Mega Strikes although they could only be used by your captain could be done at any time, the former being like this game's Hyper ones but even faster to do, and Mega Strikes could get up to 6 goals at a time. High level play can let you mitigate them well (especially the latter can be completely shut down if you are good at the goalie minigame), but if you're not there you'll fall so hopelessly behind so fast it isn't even funny.

Moving on... the soundtrack is being dropped now, and there are a lot of remixes, including this one of Charged's sudden death theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cVPPT4qoOM. It also seems each character will have their own theme that is also remix of a game they are associated with.

Edited on by meleehunter

In the end, we're all we got.

My Nintendo: meleehunter

Fizza

I just had a realisation there whilst waiting for the online demo to start tomorrow.

Do you remember back in March/April how we got Kirby and the Forgotten Land NSO icons to promote that game coming out? What if in either end of June/start of July, we get the same but with Mario Strikers art? If that were to happen, I would instantly change my current one because OOOOH STRIKERS ART IS SO SO GOOD.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Fizza Please be!

And I agree with everyone else, Nintendo buying next level games was a very smart decision, I can’t wait to see what other games come from them, there games look so good!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

Just played the online multiplayer and I'm starting to enjoy this game a lot more. I'm still not perfect at it of course, but yeah...I'm really glad I got to dive into the actual game itself after those tutorials. Won a fair amount of matches, and I even got a perfect hyper strike!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Clyde_Radcliffe

I wasn't keen on the online demo, too much going on, controls seem unnecessarily complicated and I couldn't keep track of which character I was and it wouldn't automatically put me to who was closest to the ball even when I set to auto rather than manual

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Snatcher

Wait, the online demo is out? Already?

Edit: I’m an idiot, the demo is what let you play the tutorials, however the online demo had a start time, I’m so dumb lol and all this time I could have tried it.

Gonna have to give it a shot soon.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MajinSoul

I did two 2v2 matches and it was ... interesting. It's a lot faster than the Youtube videos made it out to be. Like really, really fast paced. I had a hard time keeping up with what is happening actually. Presentation and animations are top notch. All in all, my experience perfectly aligns with what Alex said in his recent video on NintendoLife. I'm looking forward to the full game next week.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

meleehunter

The connectivity is pretty smooth for the most part as well. I didn't have much trouble doing any of those timing-based perfect moves or Hyper Strikes after some small adjustments, at least when I wasn't under pressure from the enemy team. Just make sure your own connection is stable and it should be fine.

Edited on by meleehunter

JaxonH

I suck so bad at this game, but it's super fun. I love that it's easy to learn, hard to master. A high skill ceiling leaves plenty of room to improve. It's like Rocket League in that respect.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aurumonado

Does anybody know if it's possible to tackle somebody out of a super strike when they're charging? I remember you could do it in the original but I'm really struggling to prevent them from hitting the ball when the meter appears.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

GodLordPaddock

Played a few matches. Some with friends and 1 with a random.

Question for the full release however.

What is the limit of.friends you can play with? Can 4 people team up? Or is it limited to less than that?

Playstation 5
Series X
Switch OLED

meleehunter

@Aurumonado It absolutely is, even if the slo-mo makes it harder. Just don't overcommit to chasing one person with the ball and leave others open.

blindsquirrel

So I played for about twenty minutes and it’s just not for me. lt was to chaotic, The ball was hard to keep track of, and the character movement felt to slow for how fast of a game it was. I can see how some would love the game, but it just isn’t for me. Also the character roster is terrible. Maybe if Nintendo would put the full roster in the game it would be better, but they need to give us “ free dlc”. Plus only five playable fields make this game feel a bit generic. Again, just my opinion.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Grumblevolcano

The 2 demo sessions I played were a lot of fun but when the full game comes I'll spend time against CPUs before heading online. Definitely finding it hard to improve against real players.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

I played the online demo and I really loved it. The controls felt fantastic and it struck a great balance between chaos and strategy. I can’t wait for the game to come out now

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Jey887

Wasnt too sure about the demo to start with. They should not have made it 2v2. It's very chaotic for new players.

However, after about 3 matches I found a partner I enjoyed playing with and absolutely loved the rest of the demo. I can tell the skill ceiling is going to be really high. We had some super intense matches with others that knew what they were doing.

Quick tip for you all. Change your setting to auto rather than manual on the select screen. It makes it so you automatically change to the player you pass to/ that gets a rebound (unless controlled by the other player). It's much easier to keep of track of who you are that way.

Was on the fence about the final game but I'm so excited now.

Jey887

SmaggTheSmug

I just started the demo and I am overwhelmed by the amount of tutorials. I never played any of the previous ones and I expected this game to be a lot more, well, causal and party-friendly. But it's looking more and more like more hard-core than any FIFA I played (which was a long time ago admittedly), not a casual funny game like Kunio-kun no Nekketsu Soccer League. It's starting to feel like I should get a Playstation and a "serious" soccer game for casual fun and leave Mario to the professionals...

SmaggTheSmug

Twitter:

meleehunter

@SmaggTheSmug Don't worry, your first few games will just be everyone dogpiling the ball hitting each other while taking occasional potshots at the goal while items get launched seemingly at random.

Jokes aside, your really do feel your improvements the more you play.

NintendoByNature

I'm pretty much going into the game blind next week. I've never been one to Play a demo unless I'm really unsure about getting something. I'm 99% certain I'll be into this, but I've seen alot of people indicating it's hard to play, so I'm a little concerned lol.

NintendoByNature

Pizzamorg

Missed multiple windows, finally managed to find a window where it was active and I was around to play and then it just didn't work for me. I got constant error messages. I got into a room a few times and found another player, but then I'd get another error and the game would never start.

For whatever reason, the Switch has never played nice with me via multiplayer, about the only game I have ever been able to reliably play online on my Switch is Rise. It is bizarre, because I play games on PC online with absolutely no issues. I thought this stuff had been fixed for the Switch, but I guess not.

If all the game is, is online PVP in the way the demo is presented, that doesn't bode well for me. Here is hoping some single player modes just haven't been added to the demo.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic