Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,641 to 1,657 of 1,657

MarioLover92

@Fizza I can already tell that I'm gonna love, love, love Merry Mountain! It looks like such a fun course and I love the holiday theme. I did see there's a train chugging around the course, I could imagine Toads riding it, and they'd throw in presents that contain coins or items. Peach Gardens is one of my favorites, as well.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Fizza

@MarioLover92 I cannot get enough of Christmas-themed levels. Especially around Christmas, they fill me with so much serotonin from just the sight of them. I can't wait for the music as well, we caught a tiny snippet of it in the trailer and it sounds great. Any Christmassy game music makes me happy though, I have an entire YT playlist dedicated to songs like that XD

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Anti-Matter

Honestly, I didn't even react with Wave 3 announcement like the additional tracks should be for next Mario Kart game, not for 8 Deluxe.
I already lost the enthusiast about this game.
This is one of Nintendo's strategy that I do not like honestly, brought back the attention of the game that already 5 years old since Switch release and add something unnecessary that can be done for next installment.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

@Fizza Oh I agree for sure, I love Christmas-themed levels as well. Makes me feel all festive and everything, lol! I also love listening to snow music from various Mario games while I decorate for Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if Merry Mountain turns out to be my favorite course from wave 3... it probably will be! <3

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Dev9417

I only recently starting playing Mario Kart Tour again and haven't played Merry Mountain, but if I loved the Christmas-themed snowy tracks in Diddy Kong Racing back on Nintendo 64, I should love this. It was a given that this track would be coming this holiday season or the next, so I'm glad it's this one!

"I'll HARVEST food and be living in comfort. Unbothered. Meanwhile, you'll be shivering in the cold, eating ice-cold enchiladas off a leaf." - Shiver, Splatoon 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | My Nintendo: Dev

PikaPhantom

@Fizza About DK Summit/DK's Snowboard Cross...

It's coming, as it appears in a datamined banner for the pass featuring more tracks than the one they currently use; this banner also leaked Sky-High Sundae in advance, as well as Amsterdam Drift and Bangkok Rush before those tracks debuted in Tour. DK Summit was my favorite in Wii, so I'm stoked now that we have confirmation of halfpipes being brought into 8 Deluxe since that means they probably won't butcher it

PikaPhantom

Grumblevolcano

Peach Gardens is an odd one, it's a good track but given the gradual difficulty increase for the Booster Course Pass it suggests the only possible remaining DS track that could be added is Airship Fortress given Bowser Castles have been avoided so far for MK8 (like the base game got Grumble Volcano and Wii U DLC got Koopa City instead) and Rainbow Road seems to be picked in such a way that the GCN and DS ones stand no chance of appearing. Hopefully a 2nd Booster Course Pass happens which adds tracks like DK Pass and Luigi's Mansion.

Merry Mountain is cool and it's fantastic to see half-pipes return given a bunch of Wii tracks used them (DK's Snowboard Cross, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway, Dry Dry Ruins, Bowser's Castle, Rainbow Road).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

vio

So if they're adding half pipes to the game now, can they please put them back in Coconut Mall?

Edited on by vio

vio

vio

@Anti-Matter To each their own. Feel free to sit back and wait for MK 9, but you're going to be waiting for a long time. The rest of us will enjoy the 48 new tracks. Which BTW costs me nothing anyway since I have the NSO Expansion Pack. I personally could care less about MK 9(or 10 if tour is 9) right now. 8 is old yes, but is still a beast and has aged very well.

vio

Grumblevolcano

Switch news section has returned to posting about the Booster Course Pass tracks:

• September 17th - Tour New York Minute
  • September 23rd - SNES Mario Circuit 3

So with this pattern continued (September 17th rather than September 16th was likely a result of real life events):

• September 30th - N64 Kalimari Desert
  • October 7th - DS Waluigi Pinball
  • October 14th - Tour Sydney Sprint
  • October 21st - GBA Snow Land
  • October 28th - Wii Mushroom Gorge
  • November 4th - Sky High Sundae

Final wave 1 course appeared in Switch news section a month before wave 2 released so we're probably looking at early December release for wave 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WaterKirby1964

@PikaPhantom How do you the spoiler tag and are we even allowed to talk about Mario Kart leaks?

WaterKirby1964

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

WoomyNNYes

@WaterKirby1964 (spoiler)blah blah(/spoiler)

But use [ ] instead of ( )

You can also use the quote button to see what tags are used in people's posts. example

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker

WaterKirby1964

To all you Mario Kart fans out there, are you aware of the Mario Kart leaks? Like the datamine for Mario Kart Tour, the prefix and music leak for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

WaterKirby1964

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

Anti-Matter

WaterKirby1964 wrote:

To all you Mario Kart fans out there, are you aware of the Mario Kart leaks? Like the datamine for Mario Kart Tour, the prefix and music leak for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Not at all as I already lost my hype to follow the next tracks added.
My hype is on other games currently.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

1UP_MARIO

@WaterKirby1964 not aware. Please share

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

StarPoint

@WaterKirby1964 I am aware of that, I believe that this website reported on the leak as well.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic