Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 3,125

1UP_MARIO

@korosanbo that’s normal in SMG and nothing wrong with your pro controller

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MPSSislit

@BruceCM
I wonder if they're going to make it a "toggle feature", like they did with the ACNH in-game camera glitch, which allowed the HUD/UI to be turned off while taking a picture?

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Xyphon22

So I'm finally getting around to playing and trying to 100% Sunshine. I beat it when it originally came out on Gamecube, but I think it's the only 3D Mario game I've never gotten 100%. Now, I've never played Dark Souls before, but I can't imagine anything being more difficult and frustrating than the Yoshi's Fruit Adventure shine in the pier level. I've tried it like 100 times and gotten up to the final platform before the one with the cage only a couple of times just to run out of juice everytime. And having to ride the boats with Yoshi for 10 minutes out to clear that pipe and then die in the poison river red coin thing. I made it down the river once but with only 4 coins, thought the pipe would take me back to the start to try for the other 4, but nope! Back to plaza and have to ride Yoshi out to the island again! These 2 shines are going to kill me. And is there a way to know how many blue coins are in each level or how many shines are in the main area?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Ralizah

@Xyphon22

The game is bad about telling you which specific episodes have blue coins in them, but each normal world (i.e. not corona mountain or delfino plaza) have 30 blue coins in them. Most blue coins are available in all episodes of a world, but some are episode-specific, and those ones are a pain.

RE: the lilypad level, there's a sort of trick you can do with Yoshi to cut the time it takes to get to the island. You know how there's a post in the water halfway through the boat journey that's close-ish to the big Pianta statue where you wait for another ship to take you to the island? If you take your Yoshi, jump down into the sewer near the statue, do a running-to-spin jump out of the sewer (transitioning to the motion for a spin jump just before you launch into the air), and then hold the flutter button at the apex of your launch, you can just barely reach the post out in the water and effectively shave off 70% or so of the time it takes to get your yoshi out to the island. It takes a bit of practice, but it's well worth it, IMO. Also, wait until you have 50+ lives to do the lily pad level again. It was hard until it wasn't. I actually got it on my seventh try this playthrough.

I had by far the hardest time with the chuckster sprites in this game. Even the slightest change in the angle you approach them at will see them tossing you into the void. It sucks.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Xyphon22

@Ralizah I'll definitely have to try that trick to get to the island, but it sounds complicated and I'm not usually that good at trick moves like that. And I don't remember any chuckster ones yet. But I can't imagine they can be more annoying than having to spray those darn fish at exactly the right time or else the platform they turn into will be either too low to reach the next platform or too high to jump to and then you'll run out of juice before you can reach the end and have to start all over again.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tendo64

Finished Super Mario 64 today for what I believe is the first time ever, unless I've forgotten about doing so in the past. But my bemusement at the ending makes me believe this is a first.

Only collected the 70 stars required (13 of which I collected in today's session), and might still go back and get more.

The end of the game is underwhelming and tedious - especially trying to throw Bowser into the bombs which took me a number of tries to get right.

And the way the story ends is, well, lame. Surely they could have come up with something a bit better than that (I won't spoil it for those who've not found out in nearly 25 years). This is why I'm convinced it's my first time beating the game - I can't remember ever reacting to a story ending so stupid.

Overall though, it was nice to play the game again. Yes, it's dated, the camera causes some serious moments of frustration and it's not as 'awesome' as I remember it being, but this game is what set the way for the genre going forward.

It's a classic and kudos to Nintendo for bringing it to the Switch, in a year where we could all do with a bit of extra cheer in our lives no less. Well done.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Anti-Matter

LOL
Currently i enjoyed playing Sly Cooper PS3 games than 3D Mario games. 😅
Not because suddenly i don't like 3D Mario games anymore but the plot and gameplay style of Sly Cooper was totally different and i got new experiences from Sly Cooper as 3D platformer game.
I will consider 3D All Stars later before 31 March 2020 as my hype right now is on Sly Cooper Thieves in Time PS3.

Anti-Matter

jump

I need to start a Sly Cooper thread so I can post about Mario in there.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@jump
I got a lot of new experiences during year 2020 from Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper games.
I finished Super Mario Odysdey last January 2018 but i didn't really feel want to revisit the previous places.
They are pretty, kiddie and colorful but the scenery from Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper games surprisingly looks more attractive as i played the games.
Also, i lhave interest with Anthromorphic Animal characters so i never get bored to see different creatures from Sly Cooper games.

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

Sly Cooper is sooo good. Love those games.

rallydefault

Octane

@CrystalXP_35 I'd rather have a sequel at this point..! I think modern game design can improve those games a lot. Remaking them means that they're still somehow stuck in that old early 3D platformer design. It wasn't an all-time classic like Mario 64 after all...

Octane

Anti-Matter

We need more 3D platformer on current gen consoles.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Clyde_Radcliffe nice. It also works with cool cool mountain, tick tock clock theme

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Yian_Garuga

Not sure why I'm curious to know but when will they stop selling this game? Was it on Mario day?

Yian_Garuga

My Nintendo: Morgana

Snatcher

@Yian_Garuga march 31.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Dezzy

Well for the first time ever, I actually finished Sunshine. I never did back on the Gamecube. Didn't 100% it, but got over 90 shines, so that's enough for me.

That boat riding thing in Corona Mountain has to be the worst game mechanics Nintendo have ever created.

Overall a pretty great game though. I don't really follow some people's negativity about this game. I think it's a bit unpolished compared to the later games, but it's also probably the most mechanically complex of the 3D mario games. Feels like it offers more ways of accomplishing any given task than the other games do.

I'd say it's probably my 3rd favourite 3D Mario game, with the 2 Galaxy games being joint 1st, then Odyssey being 2nd.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snatcher

@Dezzy I want to 100% it but I need a time were my mind is ready to die, and today is not that day.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Dezzy

@Snatcher

Is there a shine that's particularly hard to get or something?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic