Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 3,125

Snatcher

@Dezzy YESS the boat shine, its just going to take alot out of me, first you got to find yoshi after you find him find the fruit after you find the fruit wait for the boat after you get on the boat wait to get on a post after you make it to the post wait for another boat after you make it on the boat then wait to get to the island after you make it to the island then do the shine, run out of lifes then you have to repeat all of the above, and this is all assuming you do it all without a mistake.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Dezzy

@Snatcher

Lol I did get that one. It took a few attempts.

I got all of the shines like that, where there was an obvious task to do. The stuff I didn't get is like all the blue coin shines.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MarioBrickLayer

I finished Galaxy over the weekend (60 stars) and have just started Sunshine, I can't remember if I completed it back on my GameCube, I'm going to dig out my old memory card and have a look.

I'd forgotten about the FLUDD controls, I don't find them intuitive, but I really enjoy the game.

MarioBrickLayer

Octane

@Dezzy The boat controls are notoriously hard to master, but having completed the game well over a dozen times, I have a hard time imagining how hard they used to be. They've become completely intuitive to me.

Octane

1UP_MARIO

The boat controls bad when you shoot water standing middle of the boat. It controls normal when your near the edge of the boat. When standing in the middle seems like the game gets confused which way to follow.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FroZtedFlake

Sunshine has been really fun from what I've played of it but I beat 64 and Galaxy but just got completely stumped by Sunshine I think I was fairly close though

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Buizel

I'm past the point of having any desire to 100% complete Sunshine or 64. These games have too many shines/stars which are complete duds and ruin the fun of the game (unfortunately I pushed myself through the panchinko and boat shines in Sunshine just last year, a few months before 3DAS came out).

I'm also wondering if I'll ever finish Mario 64. I grew up with the game, and I've lost count of the number of times I've restarted it and got 20 stars or so. But the game really hasn't aged that well to me, I'm sick of playing through those same starting levels again, and, from my understanding, it only goes downhill from there anyway.

Galaxy, on the other hand - I can't help but 100% it every time I play it. This game is so consistent in quality. I even tolerate the motion control stars, despite many people's objections to them. It's probably near the top of the list of games by number of times I've completed them.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

@Octane

Dozen times? I've only finished my favourite game of all time, Final Fantasy 9, eight times.

Octane

@Dezzy Every two years or so, give or take. Doesn't take more than two or three days at this point.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

How were you playing it before the Switch version? You'd have to go back to one of those early Wii consoles to be able to play the original game in an official capacity.

Octane

@Dezzy Err... on a GameCube? I still have mine hooked up to the TV.

Octane

Anti-Matter

I have 1 month left to buy 3D All Stars and update the game before 31 March 2021.
Actually i was planning to buy Pop'n Music controller for PS2 since my mood recently want to play Beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music PS2 games but i have to put 3D All Stars in my purchase list for March 2021 shopping time. I have to put my purchase Beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music games on April 2021, waiting for 1 month again. 😑

I'm afraid i cannot update my 3D All Stars if i buy the game after 31 March 2021. Currently i'm not in the mood to play 3D All Stars as i have a lot of backlogs and my current hype was for different games.
I wish Nintendo never do this business practical again just to "force" peoples buy their products in limited time then it will be not available anymore.

Anti-Matter

MarioBrickLayer

I have been really enjoying Sunshine over the past few days, loads of memories have been coming back as I've been going through it, it's easily 15+ years since I played it.

I have also been finding it quite relaxing, It's taking me a bit of time to adapt to the FLUDD controls but rather than getting frustrated I have just replayed levels a few times or gone off to look round Delfino Plaza.

MarioBrickLayer

Octane

@Anti-Matter I'm positive you can still update the game after March 31. It would be incredibly stupid if they also disabled any patches.

But yeah, these practices suck, I hope this is the last time they do something like this.

Octane

jump

They have already said people who buy it on the eshop can redownload it after March, it will be the same with the updates.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Oswinner

Bought this together with the Switch back in October. Sunshine is underrated. Back in the day I preferred 64 to Sunshine (like most) but now I’m not too sure after replaying them both years later. 64 has aged poorly and Sunshine has aged gracefully.

2003 version of myself rated them;
64: 10/10
Sunshine: 8/10

2021 version of myself;
64: 9/10
Sunshine: 9/10

Never completed Galaxy, although have played it for a couple of hours on the Wii. Should be fun when I get around to starting it.

Oswinner

Ralizah

For me -

64: 6/10
Sunshine: 7.5/10
Galaxy: 9/10

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioBrickLayer

I've been really struggling with a couple of levels on Sunshine, particularly the secret of the dirty lake in Bianco Hills, I just couldn't get Mario to stay on the lily pads. I tried the level using the pro controller and I almost complete the whole level (not just crossing the lake) on my first go, I think the drift on my joy cons must have gotten really bad.

MarioBrickLayer

WoomyNNYes

I've never played Mario 64. I don't understand what gives me access to Winged Cap Course I've seen.

Please don't use the word "idiot" more than twice in your reply. Two times is ok.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Stand in the middle of the castle, like right when you walk in you should see a sun onthe floor, stand in the middle of it and look up after that a mini game will start beat it and there you go the winged cap is yours I have a photo to show you the place I'm talking about. Untitled

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic