Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 3,125

1UP_MARIO

@App I love that boss too. The whole lead up to bowser is epic. The music. The yoshi. The yoshi

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

link3710

@1UP_MARIO 3D Land's Bowser fight was good, but I'd say it's outclassed by Odyssey's and 3D World's. Galaxy 2's and NSMB Wii's too. It definitely outclassed Galaxy, 64 and Sunshine though, as well as NSMB, NSMB2, NSMBU, and NSLU's takes on it.

link3710

1UP_MARIO

@link3710 I didn’t really like odyssey’s final battle. Being bowser escaping was cool I guess. 3d world final battle was ok.

What’s your favourite final special 3d Mario level.
1)SMG2
The perfect run

2)SM3DL
Special 8-crown

3)SM3DW
Champions road

4)SMO
Darkest side finale

MarioVillager92

I enjoyed Odyssey's final Bowser fight, it felt more challenging than the other Bowser battles. I like the twist near the end too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 Hey dude did they delever your my nintendo mario pins yet mines came in the mail today They look like what should have been in 3d all stars box.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

link3710

@1UP_MARIO

1. Darkest Side
2. Champions Road
3. Special 8-Crown
4. The Perfect Run

I'd rank them the exact opposite of yours. SMG2 was a fun game and all, but the perfect run was... eh. 8-Crown could be higher if it didn't have those dang 1 block jumps in a game where controlling your character was already rather difficult. I adore both Champion's Road and Darkest Side, but I gave a slight edge to Darkest Side for being... completable in a reasonable number of attempts.

link3710

MarioVillager92

@Snatcher My pins are on their way right now. Awesome to see that yours got delivered!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

1UP_MARIO

@link3710 I didn’t rank them just put them in order of release.
I’d put
1 perfect run
2 champions road
3 special 8- crown
4 darker side. I found this to be the easiest.

porto

@1UP_MARIO Darker side was by far the easiest. The hardest part was that pokey section, and that was mostly due to bad aiming and controls. it's not really that long either, so dying wasn't that big an issue for me. I did appreciate all the little secrets hidden.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

link3710

@1UP_MARIO Darkest side might be easiest, but I feel it's more well constructed than something like 8-Crown, where the difficulty comes from poor design.

link3710

porto

So, after a load of trial and error, I finally got all 6 stars in Tiny-Huge Island. I tried going for the 100 coin star, but like most of the missions, I fell fairly close to the 100th coin. Anywho, I don't think it's that bad of a level. I like the levels themselves and the neat gimmick they have, but it does have some odd camera angles. Notably around the corners.

It was one of those levels that made Mario's already lousy controls much more noticeable. It kept making me think how gorgeous of a level it would be if Nintendo fully updated it. It would be my favorite course in the game if not for the intense platforming sections and infrequent camera.

porto

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano And that nearly turned me off from Mario for good until Odyssey brought a breath of fresh air back to the Mario series. The entire series kind of bled together in between Galaxy and Odyssey, like it was the same game 6 times.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Don

So the picture Nintendo posted last year of Mario sitting under the sun with watermelon that caused speculation of a possible re-release was a hint of this collection being released?

Don

porto

@BlueOcean I hate how every level has separate blue coins. Why can't they just be all in one level? It would make things a lot easier.

porto

porto

@Eel That hurt me on a spiritual level.

porto

RR529

@Eel, Oof. Played that level tonight as well. Died quite a few times, but I actually kind of liked it, lol.

EDIT: though it helped paying attention to the conversation in this thread to understand that level's specific quirks.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

Haha yeah, I did beat it shortly after that. But it's those little moments that make Sunshine, Sunshine.

It's not terribly bad as long as you don't try to enter the level with the rocket nozzle. It's quite unforgiving though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zeldafan79

Hey guys i got a question about mario sunshine. Refresh my memory about the secret shines. Are you ever prompted or given a clue that they exist in certain courses or are you just supposed to find them by accident? I know alot of them are found in the parts where fludd gets taken away. It's been forever since i played.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic