Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 3,125

Beaucine

@Octane

As @1UP_MARIO and @BlueOcean mentioned, there seem to be a whole bunch of ways to get to the igloo. Because of the coins on the ramp, which hint to the igloo's location, it seems the game "expects" you to use the shell nearby. But you can also just drop down from the snowman's arm or use the cannon, provided you aim it right.

Beaucine

link3710

@Octane I always just walk over behind the penguin and just drop straight down from the far side of the ice platform it walks on if I've already used the shell for other things. It's a straight drop that way, so it's relatively easy.

link3710

Banjo-

@Apportal How many shine sprites are left? You know you have to get them all 😁.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@ToadBrigade That was quick if it was your first time. Be patient now with Tiny-huge Island 😂.

Banjo-

porto

@BlueOcean I'm at 94 Most of it is blue coins, but there are a couple 100 coin sprites hidden beneath all the chaos. I'll definitely get them all someday, but for now, I'm moving to 64.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Snatcher

I love mario galaxy but the 100 purple coins are the worst.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

RR529

@Ralizah, yeah, that Sand Bird was annoying as heck. The rest of Gelato Beach I found to be pretty breezy, that the difficulty of that mission feels out of place, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HobbitGamer

@RR529 I'm over 60 Shines in, and the Sand Bird was the only part I really struggled with. That's because of my impatience, too. I came back to it another day, nice and calm, no problem.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Banjo-

I completed Bianco Hills except for the blue coins. What are the most difficult to find here?

Banjo-

Octane

@BlueOcean Let me think...

There's a blue butterfly in town you need to eat with Yoshi. Same with one of the two bee hives. You need to clean two Piantas, but they are limited to certain episodes. Some enemies have blue coins, and there are two pillars that have blue coins in them (spray the top), one is the pillar where Petey Piranha slept on in episode 5.

Octane

porto

@Snatcher The only one that I didn't particularly enjoy was FreezeFlame. Almost all of the other ones were easy peasy or enjoyable. I do wish they limited them though... A lot of the stars are due to those comets.

porto

JoyBoy

I forgot how fantastic Galaxy really is. Even though the movement is restrictive and less fun than the previous games. The worlds/ levels are top notch. Music is the best by far, it even has one of 64's best tracks(the bowser theme). It's definitely easy when you have just played the first 2 games but it's really fun, so it doesn't matter.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

MarioVillager92

@Spanjard Yeah, Galaxy is a pretty easy game but I never let that bother me - I still had plenty of fun with it. It's a nice contrast to Sunshine, which is easily the hardest 3D Mario, at least for me. I think for what Galaxy 1 and 2 were going for, I think the controls work perfectly fine, as limited as they might be compared to Sunshine and Odyssey.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tendo64

Galaxy, while fun, gives me a headache from all the going upside down

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

RR529

Started up Sirena Beach in Sunshine tonight. The manta fight was long winded, but thanks to a tip I heard mentioned over on NL awhile ago I knew going in that you're safe under the cabanas, so it wasn't too bad. Next up, I had more trouble climbing up the platform Boos to get to the FLUDD-less level than the actual level itself. Finally I did the maze to get to the pool, which was a bit clumsy, but I enjoyed all the annoyed interactions with the guests upset with you barging into their rooms, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Banjo-

@Octane Thanks, I got 28, I will come back when I meet Yoshi. Next, Ricco Harbour.

@ToadBrigade @Tendo64 I agree. Super Mario 64 and Sunshine much better 😊.

Banjo-

porto

@RR529 I found the Manta fight to be quite easy. To be entirely honest, the part where all the little purple pieces swarm you is the easiest. They come to you, all you have to do it spam spray and you're good. It was probably some of the most fun I had in the game.

porto

Banjo-

@App That battle is epic, it's one of my memories, I'm glad that you enjoyed as much as I did. Even the first level has epic moments like the second battle against Petey Piranha, looking at the sky and shooting water at him while he is flying under the bright sun.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Balta666

100% completed the collection (including 242 stars in Galaxy...) and I actually feel like playing odyssey again from the first time since I completed it in 2017.

Now that I completed sunshine and Galaxy for the first time my ranking is 64, odyssey, sunshine and galaxy (I have never played Galaxy 2 but it should be similar to the first one on level design) as I definitely prefer the sandbox style ones

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic