Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 3,125

porto

@BlueOcean Yeah you've been a huge help in this forum. I haven't played 64 or Sunshine is what seems like decades so it was nice to have you contribute. I know Galaxy like the back of my hand so no help needed there

I assume you'll be heading to Sunshine first, then?

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Banjo-

@Apportal Thank you, I'm glad to help and I might ask you things when I play Super Mario Galaxy because you're the expert (I've "only" beaten it twice 100% 😂). Heck, I might even ask about my favourite Mario 3D game Super Mario Sunshine because I only got 100% once and that was back in the day although I didn't need any kind of information except for some blue coins.

I'm playing Super Mario 64 now. My first disappointment is the frame rate, I knew it was 30fps but still, I noticed right away on the Lite screen. The game looks crisper, smoother and with no input lag compared to Virtual Console releases. I already got the Wing Cap star 😁. It still is a fun game to play.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

porto

@BlueOcean Well, I wouldn't call myself an "expert" but I have played the game to death. Got 100% 3 or 4 times I believe. Great game

I actually like collecting blue coins despite most people. It sucks to not have a proper guide to them but snatching a couple in a row feels great. I believe I've got 7 shines in from them now. Just 17 more to go...

porto

Banjo-

@ToadBrigade The easiest way is to stand still next to the body in the rolling head's way even if you get a hit. It's 100% effective.

@Apportal I can't wait to start Super Mario Sunshine 😄.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

RR529

I've started up Sunshine (for the first time ever), and it's still a nice looking game, especially the water. Definitely a step up from 64 in terms of difficulty, at least at the outset.

Granted the first two missions in Bianco Hills aren't difficult at all, but the red coin mission is more involved than it's counterpart in 64's Bob-Omb Battlefield (comparing them as the first worlds in their respective games), the secret stage on the hill is harder than anything in Bob-Omb Battlefield, and the second fight with Petey Piranha is more involved than any boss fight in 64 (and harder than most).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tendo64

RR529 wrote:

Granted the first two missions in Bianco Hills aren't difficult at all, but the red coin mission is more involved than it's counterpart in 64's Bob-Omb Battlefield (comparing them as the first worlds in their respective games), the secret stage on the hill is harder than anything in Bob-Omb Battlefield, and the second fight with Petey Piranha is more involved than any boss fight in 64 (and harder than most).

The red coin bit made me want to throw the controller through the wall. Especially because I relied on that fat sheila to throw me on the cliff or the roof.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

porto

@Tendo64 If that level made you angry you aren’t ready for what’s coming up

I’m kidding, I’m kidding. The red coin missions sucked in that game. None were enjoyable or unique in any way. Just a mindless collectathon.

Edited on by porto

porto

MarioVillager92

@ToadBrigade What I do in that mission is to be ahead of the snowman's body the moment it starts rolling. That way I can lead the way to the head. You need to be relatively near the rolling body for as long as possible, though. Once you follow those steps, the snowman should get his body back. Hope this helped.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tendo64

Apportal wrote:

@Tendo64 I’d that level made you angry you aren’t ready for what’s coming up

I’m kidding, I’m kidding. The red coin missions sucked in that game. None were enjoyable or unique in any way. Just a mindless collectathon.

Right on both counts unfortunately haha!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Octane

Tendo64 wrote:

The red coin bit made me want to throw the controller through the wall. Especially because I relied on that fat sheila to throw me on the cliff or the roof.

@Tendo64 I've beaten the game more than a dozen times, and I honestly don't know which coin requires you to be thrown. If you start with the first coin between the ropes suspended between the two buildings, there is a easy path that goes past every red coin. You can get anywhere by simple platforming. You don't need to be thrown by the Pianta. I don't even think it's part of the level, since she's always there.

Octane

Octane

I've noticed that in Galaxy I complete one world at a time, whereas in 64 and Sunshine I move between levels a lot.

Octane

Zeldafan79

@Octane
I just stick to the normal order until i get to a star that requires one of the special caps. Then i go get those and go back and finish the world i was on.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Balta666

Yesterday I believe I did the two sprites that smashed GC controllers de most.
Firstly the pinball One and it is indeed quite a pain. You don't have much control even with fludd and the camera definitely fights you (but overall I did not find it to hard as it took me maybe 10-15 attempts)
Secondly the water stream and that one I enjoyed a lot. It is not top hard to make small ajustments to the direction and it is extremely satisfying to get all coins in one go

Zeldafan79

So what's everybody's most hated level in mario 64? Mines gotta be tiny huge island. Way too many fall to your death hazards, it's a pain to navigate and those big rolling balls can bite me!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Banjo-

@Zeldafan79 When you are a giant the course becomes too dangerous because it's small and full of pits. The idea is cool and comes from Super Mario Bros. 3 but the course shouldn't be so dangerous when you are so huge.

Banjo-

porto

@Zeldafan79 Rainbow Road, bar-none, Not really a contest there.

Edited on by porto

porto

Beaucine

For now, Tiny-Huge Island, but I only dabbled in it last night. I just keep slipping and falling everywhere, and can't figure out where to go. At least just yet.

I actually liked Rainbow Road and cleaned up the six missions in about two hours, but I have the same problem with it that I have with the moving-platform castles in Super Mario World, in that progress is tethered to the movement of the platform (or in this case, the flying rugs) so you spend a lot of time, just, waiting. And since it's the last course and it's difficult and you're gonna fall a lot, well, that translates into a whole lot of waiting in repeat attempts. But I enjoyed the platforming challenges, layout, and overall concept, so that kind of made up for it.

Edited on by Beaucine

Beaucine

porto

@Beaucine I disliked how easy it was to fall off the carpet. Just one simple move and you're dead. And as you mentioned half the level is just waiting, which isn't exactly my field of expertise

porto

1UP_MARIO

Untitled

Love this game.
120 stars

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic