Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 3,125

Bolt_Strike

@Zeldafan79 You can also fall down there from the top of the snowman. Ride the penguin to the other end and then instead of jumping up to where Episode 1's star is, look down. The igloo is right there.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Balta666

Really don't get why so many crap on sunshine (I am 80 sprites in and having the time of my life and it is not nostalgia as I never own a GameCube). The camera has been fine so far and an obvious improvement from 64, platforming is in gererally quite easy because you have fludd to adjust landings and when without it the special stages are also aewsome (and as they allways give you and easy 1up is completly fair) and as 64 is a proper 3f Mario with non linear stages (in opposition with Galaxy ones) and that makes it a win in my book

StuTwo

@Balta666 I won't go over my criticisms of Sunshine again (because my opinions are nothing special! but if you really want them they're not too hard to find!). I'm not personally a fan. Although I do think it has some great moments "it needed a lot more time in the oven" is a generous analysis. And also an analysis that the biggest fans of the game typically agree with too (to a lesser degree).

The special stages are great. They'd be even better with a better camera, the backflip and the long jump. But then the Sunshine special stages with the backflip and the long jump (and a landing correction spin) is pretty much what Galaxy is for large stretches.

I actually think Sunshine feels completely linear compared to 64 because you're locked into a shine at the start of the level. If they're going to do that then IMO the Galaxy approach is better.

Not that it will ever happen but... wouldn't a 3d Yoshi's Island be interesting? I think that game concept would play very similarly to Sunshine mechanically and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it came out one day that Sunshine had originally been conceived along those lines (as a 3d Yoshi game).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Banjo-

Hi fellows, I finally got my copy.

Banjo-

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean wahoooooooooooo

Enjoy šŸ˜‰

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Banjo-

@HexagonSun Very nice comment and I agree with everything but Odyssey. As you said, opinions.

@Northwind That's because I have beaten Super Mario 64 100% around 30 times when I was a child šŸ˜‚ and on Wii U a few months ago so I can give tips for any parts of it just like @1UP_MARIO. I'm most excited about beating Super Mario Sunshine after many years but I'm going to start with Super Mario 64.

@Zeldafan79 You can even drop down the igloo area from the platform above. There are like 5 ways to get there (I see now that you've been answered).

@Balta666 I'm happy that you are appreciating Super Mario Sunshine. Of course, the Galaxy games aren't bad but they are more linear action games than 3D platformers.

EDIT:

@1UP_MARIO Thanks šŸ˜„.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Balta666

@StuTwo I agree with the long jump but actually it has a backflip. You just need to buy the opposite direction you're racing and jump while still (don't know why is not recognized as one of the moves though as they only refer the sommersault).
The reason for me that it is not linear in comparison with Galaxy is that you can choose many ways to get to your objective as each level is a sandbox while in Galaxy most levels have very small planets that you just jump on a straight line

Banjo-

Balta666 wrote:

The reason for me that (Super Mario Sunshine) is not linear in comparison with Galaxy is that you can choose many ways to get to your objective as each level is a sandbox while in Galaxy most levels have very small planets that you just jump on a straight line

Exactly.

Banjo-

Ralizah

@BlueOcean That's a crazy delay. Sorry you had to wait so long for it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

@Ralizah Yep at least I used an Amazon voucher so I got a discount šŸ˜.

Banjo-

porto

@BlueOcean how much of a discount? To be worth waiting more than a week itā€™d have to be a heck of a discount. Otherwise Iā€™d just fork up the money and get it early.

@Balta666 I agree with your perspective on Galaxy. But the linear platforming is why I like it so much. It had a set of rules to follow but still feels open based on the environment. And you also have to appreciate Nintendo trying something new. In the end, I guess itā€™s just my type of game.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Banjo-

@Apportal The discount has nothing to do with the delay, I just was unlucky or didn't get one from the first stock.

Banjo-

porto

@BlueOcean I know, I was saying if you had to wait that long I would have just bought it digitally. Unless you wanted to use the physical to sell later on. You said you used an amazon voucher to get a discount, so I was asking how much you got off. If you donā€™t want to tell thatā€™s fine.

I think everyone who wanted a physical edition of the game had their fare share of ā€œunluckyā€. Iā€™m just glad you got it.

Edited on by porto

porto

Banjo-

@Apportal Ā£5. I didn't mind waiting a bit longer and the voucher was about to expire and can't use it on the eShop. I played Super Mario 64 this year on Wii U and I wanted to start with Super Mario 64 before going to the most exciting and improved game of the collection, which I haven't played for years.

Banjo-

porto

@BlueOcean if you think it's worth it, that's what matters. Keep us posted on what you think Sunshine's like

porto

Banjo-

@Apportal Of course it's worth it LOL, otherwise I would have lost the voucher, contacted customer service for a credit card refund and waited for a new order to arrive or look elsewhere. As I said, I beat Super Mario 64 just recently so no big deal waiting one more week. It's not the end of the world. Actually, I have had a lot of fun sharing memories with all you guys and helping newcomers.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic