Forums

Topic: Games you recently DROPPED

Posts 221 to 240 of 346

moomin

I may or may not drop Arkham Knight. As much as I appreciate Gotham's aesthetic the open world feels empty; not a big fan of the Batmobile stuff either. One of the best things about Asylum, imo, was its (fairly) brisk pace. I don't want to drive across the map just to get to the next mission.

It's got pretty cozy vibes though... I might give it another hour or two then decide.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

moomin

@Princess_Lilly It's astounding how lazy and brainless I&F is. I could practically feel the developers' shrugs the further in I got. Never been the biggest tri-ace fan but yeesh.

Greatluigi

@Princess_Lilly I looked the game up on tvtropes and apparently all star ocean games have standard JRPG plots but the gameplay distracted people from the generic plots but I&S’s gameplay is apparently seen as not very good which is why people find the plot soulless. Though this is from tvtropes so take this with a grain of salt.

Greatluigi

Princess_Lilly

@moomin @Greatluigi I'm pretty sure it's just about I&F. I played Star Ocean 1 and 4, and of course I'll get 2, and I can safely say that they are not generic. Do they have "standard" plots? Well, that is arguable. Good writing and character dialogues certainly make it above average. SO1 is pretty memorable, too.

It's weird that people say they gameplay of I&S is bad, it's the only bearable point. And it's pretty enjoyable actually, similar to 4 (and Xenoblade 2 which I think took at least some mechanics from SO4)

Princess_Lilly

moomin

I generally enjoyed I&F's gameplay, but it wasn't like some JRPGs where the combat is strong enough to carry bland plots/characters (looking at you FFXIII)

FishyS

EaglyBird wrote:

Cult of the lamb; great game that the switch cannot run. I’m hoping that the switch 2 has some form of gameboost

I mean... Switch runs much fancier games much better than Cult of the Lamb runs. Even if Switch 2 was 1000 times faster, bad ports will still be bad ports. It's like how they sometimes port 20 year old games that somehow run badly on new hardware.

That said, I'm still playing Cult of the Lamb. I agree the performance is a bit annoying.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

dmcc0

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past. (3DS) I haven't played this one for a few weeks now and while I did enjoy what I played, I've just got no urge to go back to it at the moment. Played over 40 hours and by all accounts I'm only around halfway through. Really good game, but I just feel like it was going on a bit too long without actually progressing much.

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

Magician

Okinawa Rush

Pretty cool as far as small projects go. I just wasn't vibing with the game's parry mechanic. If Street Fighter III Third Strike were an action/platformer, that's this game in a nutshell. Alas, it's not for me.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,257 games (as of June 4th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Gamemoose

Tunic

I dropped it not because it's a little punishing, it's just that I have issues with a game where your character gets hung up on graphics while moving. I had that happe too many times in a clutch situation where there's no reason why I can't get out of a corner when I could before.

On top of that, some enemies just appeared when I wasn't even close to activating them (dang mecha fairies). If I walk the same path at the same distance from an enemy and they don't detect me, it should be consistant. Not a "oh, hey I think I heard a rukus waaaay over here, so I think I'll join the party" monster. There were times the little dude that was affixed to a pillar in a small pond woukd just appear when I wasn't near him, zapping me in the back while I'm dodging three that popped up in front of me.

Gamemoose

Tasuki

The Legend of Zaelda Oracle of Ages. Yeah I know I am going to get flak for this one but after putting about two hours into it I just couldn't do it anymore. For me it was the dungeons are just so puzzle heavy, unlike any other Zelda I played and alot of the puzzles I needed to use a walk through after awhile. While I enjoy Zelda games this one just isn't for me. Maybe I might pick it up later, but for now I am dropping it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magician

Telenet Shooting Collection

A collection of four games. Granada, Avenger, Gaiares, and Psychic Storm. Granada has not aged well; could've benefited from an updated twin-stick control scheme. Avenger and Gaiares are bland shmups from their era. And the best game in the collection, Psychic Storm, again...has not aged well.

The whole package feels like a 5/10 experience.

There are simply too many better games than what's on offer here.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Transformers Dark of the Moon PS3.
Rubbish control, too difficult to play even at the beginning of story with Easy difficulty as I got Game Over all the time.
I will donate this game to my local game shop owner.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Magician

Alchemic Cutie

Lots of busywork while you capture, breed, and raise jellies?

Played for about half an hour and decided that it's not for me.

I haven't played my copy yet, but I assume Slime Rancher does this better.

Fizza

Wouldn't really say I dropped it recently (as it's been about a month since I last played it) but I've definitely fallen off of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. It's honestly kind of heartbreaking given how excited I was for it to come to NSO but I don't know man: it really just felt like I was going through the exact same routes over and over and over again expecting a different result and there's only so much of that kind of thing you can take before you get sick of it.

I'm currently playing through another Kirby game at the moment in Epic Yarn so maybe I'll go back to Amazing Mirror afterwards but yeah, definitely a shame to put it mildly.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Thirsty Suitors. The gameplay was fun but the story and the characters were train wrecks. Narrative is important to me and I can’t play a game when I dislike all the characters in the game. It was pretty much ESH: the game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GrowingWings

Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Part 1. I have never played such a frustrating game in my life. Infinite is already a HUGE step back from Bioshock 2, and Burial at Sea is a step back from Infinite. At this point I fear for Bioshock 4.

GrowingWings

Dogorilla

@Fizza I've given Amazing Mirror a couple of goes after getting it from the 3DS Ambassador Programme but never managed to make much progress in it. I felt a bit dense for getting stuck in a Kirby game so I'm glad it's not just me who finds it baffling 😅

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Magician

Unmetal

An action/adventure spoof on the Metal Gear series. After half an hour I was not amused. The voicework, while appreciated, falls flat. The writing is too nonsensical. It wants to be like Naked Gun but lacks irony. And the adventuring is very by-the-numbers.

At least the 2D cutscenes are well animated. They are the most impressive part of this experience.

kkslider5552000

I'm not sure I ever answered this thread properly because I don't tend to drop games. I like good games so I buy good games and then tend to beat those good games.

Like the only games I can think of that I actually gave up on are the Deer God, a weird game I got for cheap that I didn't get at all, Megaman 9 because I couldn't beat the final boss, and Bastion because it was shockingly meh for such an acclaimed game. (consistent narration doesn't magically make a story good either, I know novelty was important in earlier indie games but...I don't get it)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Magician

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World
I like some of the characters. But this began feeling like a pixelhunter. Danganronpa just does this better.

Xenon Valkyrie+
I like COWCAT's other games (Riddled Corpses EX & Demon's Tier) but this didn't vibe with me.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic