Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 561 to 580 of 775

Eel

A bit of a random trailer.

Anyway. I beat the main story, collected all the normal Anna mementos in that mode, and started the first history map.

I've been trying to spread out the experience across all the characters. Since I ended up with a few strong ones and many many ignored ones after the main story.

Completing all the badge thingies will take quite a while, it was far easier to upgrade the characters in Hyrule Warriors.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

So, after many days waiting, I finally received the game. I haven't had much time to play it, but my initial impresssion of the 3DS version is good. The story is completely ridiculous though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

roy130390

@Meowpheel You were right about the difficulty, the game feels just right on normal. The character progression is making me enjoy the game even more and I'm pleased with the performance on N3DS.
I would trade the number of enemies for improved visuals though. Instead of 50-100 spawning and getting killed I would be fine with 10-20 and smaller maps. I do get that the special thing about musou games is the feelling of killing hundreds in seconds but I would still feel powerful with that change. The game doesn't look bad and some effects look quite nice, but now that I can compare it with Senran Kagura 2 I feel that the reviews were much more strict with that game, wich had amazing models and fluid gameplay with many combos and special attacks. The strategic aspect, party change and side missions definitely help it feel less repetitive.

Eel

Can't say I mind the graphics, but I do find it quite commendable how they managed to display more enemies on screen while making them look normal. Compared to HWL.

As much as I love that game, the mooks really took a hit in terms of quality, to the point where it was hard to tell they weren't 2D sprites.

It's kinda sad that they removed the dynamic battle intros and victory screens though. I guess they didn't want to bother making higher quality versions of the character models like in HWL.

Bloop.

roy130390

@Meowpheel It definitely a considerable improvement over Hyrule Warriors Legends from what I've seen. I got all of the Master Seals in the missions I played and I was able to promote every character I main, which are Xander, Ryoma, Camilla and Rowan and they have been unstoppable. Who's your main team?

Eel

My top four at the moment are: Lianna, Lissa, Azura and Sakura.

Before I got Azura my designated lancer was Hinoka, but I don't really like the pegasus moveset that much. Sometimes I trade Sakura for Niles, and Lissa for Frederick.

I've been trying to use all the characters though, but those are so far ahead that I end up using them a lot. As much as I'd love to use Tiki more, she's in a permanent bench warming position until I manage to max her Awakening and Special badges.

Lissa in particular is a beast. Probably my favorite character so far.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

@Meowpheel Lissa and Sakura are my best supports, and Sakura is awesome to farm a lot of materials if you give abilities for her bow. It could also work for Takumi and Niles but... I loved Sakura in Fates so I prefer her (shhh... I plan trading Rowan for her after I finish the story). Lissa hits hard and more importantly: heals when it's necessary so as much as I like Frederick she's more valuable.

I would like to use Tiki too, but yeah, she arrived so late that other characters are far ahead of her. I haven't even seen how good does the dragon look on 3DS. I haven't even unlocked Azura, Oroboro and Niles...

Eel

I've to admit that the big reason I keep Lianna around is because she happens to be my highest leveled character because I started the story as her.

I may switch her for Owain once he comes out if his style is good. Just because Owain is Owain.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Beedrill4Smash

@Meowpheel While fighting Owain I noticed that he was a clone of Ryouma, and considering Niles, I think he'll remain a clone. But yeah, Owain is going to be an instant main of mine because he is Owain.

Beedrill4Smash

Eel

Oh well... I guess a clone of previously unique character... Is... More ok?

Ryoma Is supposedly super good anyway.

Now that you mention it, I did notice he had thunder effects during a mission where he was an ally. I didn't question it.

Bloop.

roy130390

Yup, Ryoma is really strong and the most fun to use to me, so Owain being a clone of him is not that bad.

Swordsman83

what's the difference between US special edition and EU limited edition ?

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

roy130390

I like how everytime I feel like the epic good guy and I'm going to do a special attack, the game zooms in the face of my character to remind me how dead inside it is (the 3DS versions are hilarious). Jokes aside, I really love how the particle effects look in the attacks. There's something really addictive about looking at all the flashy colours, lights and other effects happening. I also really like how everytime I pause the game the music changes from the rock version of a theme to the classic one, continuing exactly at the same point without any problem, it's a really neat touch.

Edited on by roy130390

Eel

Azura in particular looks like she is bored to death in her warrior special.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

How's the dlc by the way? I haven't been able to get it but I definitely plan to buy it oon.

Eel

Well I'm planing to go through the maps in order, so it will be a long time before I play the DLC maps. The characters are really nice though, and having lancers that don't suck is a great incentive.

I'm currently playing Etrian Odyssey V, so my progress will be even slower.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

Oh yeah, Etrian Odyssey V... I still have to finish IV and since my save file got deleted along with many others, I really have to be in the right mentality to start again. It's a really enjoyable and challenging game, but just thinking about my whole progress lost and having to do literal dozens of hours to reach the same point where I was demotivates me.

Anyway, I finally used Tiki and she's funny and cute, but I haven't seen her turn into a dragon. I don't know if it appears with the Awakening mode or I need to promote her, but I'll try that later. I have to say that every character in this game is enjoyable to play, including the pegasus knights. I still need to get used to them though.

Eel

She's like young Link from Hyrule Warriors, her regular strong attack trasfers her special gauge to her awakening meter, and her awakening makes her fight as the dragon. All her attacks are different (except the regular strong attack) and much stronger in her dragon form, so you'll want to try and use it as much as you can.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.