Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 541 to 560 of 775

Grumblevolcano

With December and the Fates DLC nearing I wonder what History mode maps will be picked. I'm also considering going through Conquest to avoid spoilers.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

zionich

@Grumblevolcano Conquest is much better than Birthright in my opinion. It would be worth it.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

TheLegendOfLaser

I didn't get really into Conquest's story, but for me the characters and gameplay made it worth playing. I really enjoyed it.

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

Grumblevolcano

Looks like one of Fates DLC History mode maps is before the path of fate.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

On the same day as the DLC there's a free update which adds blessings, a new weapon attribute and increases the level cap (probably 150 like with Hyrule Warriors Wii U and 3DS when those got their 1st DLC pack).

Grumblevolcano

Eel

I ended up getting the 3DS version. Haven't been able to play it since I didn't take the 3DS with me on this vacation, but it's there.

Ok I finally can play it.

It's good~

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Ok so the story so far seems to be multiple variations of...

1:"Hi we are the good guys!"
2:"No. Fite me!"
<1 kills thousands of 2's men, sometimes as members of their own armies>
2:"Oops, my bad. I'll join you."
1:"Yay!"

Well at least Owain is fun. Can't wait to get to play as him.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

@Meowpheel Right now I'm having a hard time between deciding getting FE Warriors or River City: Rival Showdown. Do you recommend it? It seems like an "easy" game, so I'm thinking about choosing hard difficulty since the start if I get it.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Eel

I'm playing on normal right now, and believe it or not I've had characters die on me once or twice so far. It doesn't seem like it at first, but the weapon triagle is IMPORTANT. It makes a huge difference in how you play a Warriors game.

That axe warrior you want to kill could easily take 3 full minutes to defeat with a lance, or 30 seconds with a sword. Your beatutiful flying horse may plow through enemies efforlessly, and just as efforlessly die from two or three hits with an arrow.

Compared to Hyrule Warriors, my only other experience with the genre, the basic gameplay is the same, but with more strategic elements and a bigger emphasis on leading your team and using their habilities, so in that sense it's a lot like Fire Emblem.

When it comes to characters, there's a lot more clones in this one. In HW every character was unique, here the characters come mostly in "types", but with their own quirks and details to differentiate them from each other. It also means all your sword-users share the same weapon pool and so on, so that simplifies things in that aspect... I guess.

The environments are definitely more on the generic side, with little to make them stand out. HW was more interesting there. The music is also a bit tamer. Though it could be related to the fact that I'm not all that familiarized with FE music/locations as I am with Zelda music/locations.

Also unfortunately the 3DS version seems to replace the in-engine introduction and victory cutscenes with FMVs of the switch version, which is a shame because it means they are not affected by costumes or location like in HW.

Although that sounds like a lot of nitpicks, so far I'm actually enjoying it a lot. The story is super dumb, but the characters make up for it. The little differences and new features make it worth my time.

The DLC doesn't seem to be as "worth it" compared to that of Hyrule Warriors Legends, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt, and purchased it. I haven't started the history maps yet, but apparently they're the meatiest part of the game (like the adventure maps in HW), so maybe the extra maps will be worth it.

So far my favorite character is definitely Lissa with her Axe. My least favorite style at the moment is the pegasus knights.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

@Meowpheel Thanks, that was pretty detailed, I never played Hyrule Warriors legends but I understood the comparisons. I think I'll go for this one then. After all, Rival Showdown is more likely to get a discount before this one does.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

kkslider5552000

Meowpheel wrote:

Ok so the story so far seems to be multiple variations of...

1:"Hi we are the good guys!"
2:"No. Fite me!"
<1 kills thousands of 2's men, sometimes as members of their own armies>
2:"Oops, my bad. I'll join you."
1:"Yay!"

Welcome to every crossover game story ever made!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

I do find it specially funny when most of these battles so far have been against members of your character's own armies...

Like, you use Chrom and Lissa to fight Frederick to gain his trust. And in the proccess kill a few thousand of their soldiers for no real reason (I mean, it's fine if Freddy Bear wants to fight you, but why does it involve an army?). Repeat twice each for Norh and Hoshido.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

The update is live and it seems all 3 History mode maps are rather early into Fates so even though I haven't finished Conquest I've reached a point where playing the History mode maps are not spoilers.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel I've noticed different, at least regarding Azura but I have the Switch version so maybe it's a New 3DS issue?

Grumblevolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@Meowpheel you don't kill your soldiers...they are just sleeping. pokes with shoe ok, so coma then...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

@Grumblevolcano yeah must be a 3ds thing. Not complaining though.

@Ryu_Niiyama good thing those swords, axes and lances don't actually cut or else this would be a very different game!

In other news, I'm really glad the lancers aren't clones. And also Azura is awesome, love the fact her special has different versions and her clothes change with them. The songs could end less abruptly though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

SilverEdge92

I'm just glad to finally have Lance-users that aren't deathly allergic to arrows.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

Beedrill4Smash

I'm currently loving Azura right now! I didn't think I'd enjoy her as much as I have, but now she is in my top 4 characters to play as. I guess being a lance unit that doesn't make me feel like I'm trying to control a wild bull helps...Oboro is nice, but for me she doesn't compare to Azura's destructive move set. Niles is just the FOURTH archer clone so...not gonna lie. He's not my favorite.

Edited on by Beedrill4Smash

Beedrill4Smash

Eel

I can appreciate Nile's "male Camilla" vibe, but yeah Azura is awesome.

And yeah, I am enjoying the pegasus riders a lot less than I anticipated. It's like I'm hitting thin air all the time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.