Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Engage for Nintendo Switch

Posts 101 to 117 of 117

Magician

@JaxonH

Just my being lazy. I want the DE, just not enough to shop elsewhere for it. Most likely a case of self-sabotage to curb my spending. I was a bit lavish on myself last month.

Switch Physical Collection - 995 games (as of September 23rd, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tyranexx

@Grumblevolcano Ah yes, that was Radiant Dawn! Thanks for clearing that up. I've heard stories about how difficult it was thanks to the difficulty levels changing. Is there a particular known reason why they changed/renamed the difficulties? It seems like an odd decision.

As for the TV issue, have you looked into if there are any adapters that can help your situation?

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Stretchmo

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Ryu_Niiyama

Sigh, seems like all the online preorders sold out so far for the US.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Thank you! Got my order in!

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@JaxonH Thank you! Got my order in!

🍾 🎂 🎊

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

ElRoberico

Do GameStop preorders charge now or when the order ships? Asking for a friend...

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

JaxonH

@ElRoberico
Not sure.

I always assume wherever I'm ordering from charges immediately, but many of them don't.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

ElRoberico

@JaxonH Hopefully preorders will still be open a week from now. I'm waiting on payday plus a nice bonus. I love this deluxe edition so much.

Edited on by ElRoberico

Ryu_Niiyama

ElRoberico wrote:

Do GameStop preorders charge now or when the order ships? Asking for a friend...

when it ships.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Pizzamorg

Can't tell if I am hype for this or not.

A lot of the footage released so far looks excellent, Three Houses on paper was very much my jam and I feel like these sorts of games are well suited to handheld play. However, I thought Three Houses was just way too long.

Like I know for some value proposition is all about how much game you get, but I was like 40 hours into one path and just so bored by that point I gave up. I dunno how anyone plays three paths, or even more than three making different choices, there was not enough meat to the title to sustain me all of those hours.

I also thought the difficulty in Three Houses was really uneven and while I would have appreciated the social elements in moderation, I felt like the game overwhelmed me uttterly unrelentingly throughout with this stuff to the point where it just put me off.

I can only hope this is a shorter title, with heavier emphasis on the core systems and combat, and a generally more even curve, so the first half doesn't feel like a brutal slog before you crest and end up so OP there is no challenge whatsoever.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Cult of the Lamb. Animal Crossing New Horizons.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak.

StarPoint

That new gameplay looks great. It seems like they're taking the presentation a lot more seriously this time around. Not sure if this is a day one buy for me yet, but I'm keeping my eye on it for sure.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (PC)

ElRoberico

It looks fantastic! There's something about it that looks much more polished than Three Houses is.

JaxonH

@ElRoberico
It's definitely the best looking Fire Emblem game to date. No offense against Three Houses- I love that game to death, and honestly thought it looked pretty good when on the actual maps, but this is a notable leap forward. Not just with respect to visual fidelity, but also art style. It's so bold, colorful and extremly pretty.

The gameplay also most closely resembles Fates gameplay, which is a very good thing. We hit peak FE gameplay with Fates. If only they hadn't hired that one writer it would probably have been the undisputable best in series. But that writer borked it, then they did a remake, then they let Koei Tecmo take the reigns.

This is the first Fire Emblem since Fates where we go back to the core team for a new game without that anime writer. I fully expect the best gameplay in the series, and as long as the story and characters are on par with Awakening, I'd be shocked if this doesn't pan out to be the best Fire Emblem overall.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Neph

Fire Emblem Engage so far looks great - Alears design grew on me pretty quickly but I've always been a fan of games with vibrant colours so this is right up my alley.
Most complaints about the artstyle have been made since Awakening and tbh, they currently say that Engage should look more like Awakening/Fates which is pretty ironic. (Shadows of Valentia had the best artsyle so far imho)
I love the critical animation we've seen so far. The tome crit animation looks amazing with the ancient scrolls/text appearing when chanting, Vanders crit animation is a reference to Fire Emblem Warriors and Fredericks combos. It's also good to see Fist weapons return although I feel like they don't belong in this game. I would love to see the magic triangle return but it probably won't happen.
I've only got a few gripes about the game so far.
One being the story and how it's going to work out - it's going to be pretty cliché I reckon...
Second is the weird battlemap movement. Why do they stutter when they turn? Last I remember we had that in no other FE game ever.
And third being DLC - I can already see a "Legacy" pack with older characters as Emblems as well as a "Fodlan, Tellius, Jugdral, Ylisse" collection and so on...

Neph

JaxonH

@Neph
Crits do look good. Also attack animations in general. I love how fast they dodge back into position after an attack. It looks slick.

Cliche is fine by me, as long as it's not actually bad. As for the movement, it seems to be more natural. In one trailer the movement was fairly fast and fluid on horseback turning a corner, while in another the character on foot paused and turned. Not sure why, but it doesn't really make much difference to me either way.

I hope we get DLC characters. The game seems designed around 12 specific heroes- one from each unique title of the past. So I'm not expecting more than that. But it's a perfect opportunity to leverage DLC to bring back more characters. Though usually they do a meaty expansion with more maps, so they could always just integrate different characters into that storyline.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Neph

@JaxonH Yup, the fast-paced combat reminds me of Echoes which is my favourite FE game to date so I'm pumped for that one.
Oh, I'm also excited about DLC and some characters that might be getting an Emblem (Hector, please ) but we don't really have a wide selection of units in the base game so I'm hoping we also get some variety there - we only have 1 axe unit (B!Ike), one lance unit (Sigurd, which should usually have his Tyrfing) and 1 bow unit (L!Lucina) while others like Takumi, Hector/Camilla, Hinoka/Ephraim/Finn could be used instead. The rest are Magic/Sword units and Corrin with her Dragonstone which might indicate that we can Alear can transform into a dragon later-on in the game or we get a Manakete.

Neph

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic