Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,019

FullbringIchigo

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Anti-Matter dodging 200 thunders doesn't sound hard, just extremely time consuming and annoying. But lol, yeah Blitzball can die in a hole somewhere. Can't stand it.

it is when you
A: Don't have a counter so you have to remember yourself
B: they strike at random times so you have to have really quick reflexes
C: The controls have a slight delay on the remasters so you have to press the button the exact moment of the flash
D: the counter resets if you are hit

if it was just 200 total it would have been fine but 200, in a row without a mistake on a game with input delays well it just isn't worth it in my opinion, yeah Celestial weapons give your Aeons a boost but you can make weapons with better battle stats yourself

honestly don't bother with upgrading the Celestial Weapons, they aint worth the trouble

FINAL FANTASY will NEVER reach 30 main numbered games because no one will ever be allowed to call a game FINAL FANTASY XXX

don't mind me i'm just changing my profile pic everyday to confuse people

Ralizah

I absolutely love FFXII, but I have no issues saying it's practically Final Fantasy is name only. Other than the background stuff (chocobos, item names, returning to the setting of Tactics, etc.), at least. FFX, much as I don't care for it, FEELS like a Final Fantasy game, despite the excessively linear nature of it. FFXII feels more like... Xenoblade? Star Wars? A CRPG? It's very weird, although I think it's one of the best in the series.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PikPi

@FullbringIchigo Not necessarily. Not 100% sure if it's in the Switch version, but there's a specific part of the thunder plains that when you step on it, it activates a lightning strike without fail. Once you get used to the timing, the 200 strikes isn't too bad. It's still difficult, but not nearly as difficult as trying to anticipate the random strikes as opposed to strikes you can activate yourself

PikPi

FullbringIchigo

@PikPi yeah i know that's in the PS4 version, not sure about Switch or XB1 though

FINAL FANTASY will NEVER reach 30 main numbered games because no one will ever be allowed to call a game FINAL FANTASY XXX

don't mind me i'm just changing my profile pic everyday to confuse people

BruceCM

Yes, that's why I contrasted them, @Anti-Matter .... I like the different settings about equally, so didn't mention those In the earlier games, the crystals were effectively the religion, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

@BruceCM
FF XII is all about Medieval kingdoms, Middle Eastern style for some places, Political issues, Judges, War of two kingdoms, Zodiac, different races, etc.

FF12 is Star Wars where Vaan and Penelo are C3PO and R2D2.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Quarth

I'm about 20 hours into FFXII and it's a great game so far! The story and characters are OK, it's mostly the gameplay and environments that stands out for me. Though it sometimes shows its age, it's a beautiful looking title. And some of the music is fantastic! The voice actors are doing an OK job, the worst one is the guy playing Vaan. But the others are fine.

Is it just me, or does the victory theme after beating bosses sound kinda off?

Edit: Oh! And the speed up option is an awesome addition!

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
Victory fanfare on FF XII will be played after you beat any Bosses or Esper.
There is no Victory fanfare during Normal battle but there is a fanfare everytime you got leveled up.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Quarth

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I know it only plays after bosses. I don't mean "off" as in turned off. I mean that it sounds off, that it sounds wrong.

Geobros

I just got all my Celestial weapons in about 15-20 hours. Now I am trying to get 10 monsters of every species.

Sp about celestial weapons I have many difficult moments with Chocobo but I beat it in about 2-3 hours. Thunder plains too, I spent about 1.5 hours and my first try was in 176 hits. Yuna's was fun, Auron's was fun too. Butterfly was really easy.....it took me about 20 minutes both games, i could replay them without problem. Cactuar game was fun too.

Blitzball....ok I had fun for about 13 hours (45 matches) but I forgot the real game, how to battle, how to make overdrives, how to heal....I am trying to remember now my previous battle strategy again. This game had to be faster, not so long. If it was a match for about 5 minutes and not 2x5 minutes it would be better.

I won't do Thunder strikes again in my life, I hate it.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Dezzy

Quarth wrote:

I'm about 20 hours into FFXII and it's a great game so far! The story and characters are OK, it's mostly the gameplay and environments that stands out for me.

Yep, that doesn't change. It has some of the best and most interesting world design in the series. But very average characters and story.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Heavyarms55

Okay I am nearly 40 hours into FFX and I still don't understand what warrants "Overkill". I've killed things with less than 1000HP by dealing 3 times their health in damage and it doesn't say it. But other times I've done only slight more than their HP and it does.

What am I missing?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Every foes / Bosses have their different minimum damage to be Overkilled.
Btw, what enemy did you beat them but still No Overkill damage and what actions did you take (Attack / Magics / Skills / Items) ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Geobros

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Okay I am nearly 40 hours into FFX and I still don't understand what warrants "Overkill". I've killed things with less than 1000HP by dealing 3 times their health in damage and it doesn't say it. But other times I've done only slight more than their HP and it does.

What am I missing?

In early game enemies the Overkill is higher than the HP of the enemy. Later when enemies have about 5000 HP and more the Overkill is lower.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Quarth

@Dezzy And while it would be great with stronger characters, I don't really mind that much as it's the world and the gameplay that draws me in. It's really fun to play!

Edited on by Quarth

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Oh, so it IS totally inconsistent. That explains it.

Feel free to add me

RR529

Didn't make much story progress tonight in X (did a bit of grinding that I really didn't need to do, but I'm paranoid about that first Seymour fight, as I remember that being the biggest roadblock I had in my original play through way back when), but at least Rikku is in my party now, so the gang's all together.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Heavyarms55

@RR529 I just used Valefor as a meat shield to sponge the big attack from Seymour's summon. I honestly feel like that is all Valefor is good for. lol

Feel free to add me

JaxonH

Made it to Cave of Sochen and fought these 5 little weird goofy dudes with pumpkin masks and crazy status effects, haste, and would constantly scuttle over to the corner for a healing pow wow

Oh, you wanna huddle up and heal? Said say hello to my quickening Chain.

When the dust settled... it was all over. Vaporized

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Magician

Twenty-four hours into FXII. I'm not sure how far along I am? I just got Raithwall's sword. It feels like the halfway point, but I'm not sure.

Switch Physical Collection - 351 games (as of June 25th, 2019)
Currently playing: Okami HD (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic