Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,768

RR529

Oh wow, that Yunalesca fight absolutely sucks (X).

I actually cruised through the first two phases without much trouble, but with their first move of the third phase they launched a spell that took out my entire party in one hit (and this was even with Yuna under the effect of Lulu's Focus, and her own Shell spell). I had managed to refrain from using anyone's overdrives, so I was planning on absolutely crushing the boss my next turn...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

komodo182

@RR529 same thing happened to me. No one was a zombie in my party at the time which was the issue when she cast mega death

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

BruceCM

RR529 wrote:

Oh wow, that Yunalesca fight absolutely sucks (X).

I actually cruised through the first two phases without much trouble, but with their first move of the third phase they launched a spell that took out my entire party in one hit (and this was even with Yuna under the effect of Lulu's Focus, and her own Shell spell). I had managed to refrain from using anyone's overdrives, so I was planning on absolutely crushing the boss my next turn...

Was it megadeath....?
If so, let her zombify your party before 2nd part ends. Or have deathproof on your party

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

RR529

@BruceCM, yeah that was it. I kinda figured that's what I have to do, so I'll make sure to do that next time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

komodo182

It took awhile, but I finally got the Sun sigil!

Magician

I finally finished FFXII. Sadly, it sort of tapered off in the last half of the game. After starting so strongly, I found myself eager to just be done with the game. It's unfortunate, that first half is so enjoyable, but in the end FFXII does rank pretty low when compared to the rest of the series in my eyes.

Not a bad game, just...sort of boring story wise, I didn't care about any of these characters.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FullbringIchigo

@RR529 also she is really weak against Holy so if you have that you can do a lot of damage on her, that should help

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Anti-Matter

@Magician
I agree.
FF XII had boring story about war of two kingdoms and Shakesphere level conversations. I had difficulty to digest their conversations in such words like that.
Even Vayne Solidor as Final Boss (The Undying One) wasn't like a dangerous villain like Sin / Kuja / Kefka / Barthandelus.
But, at least the gameplay of FF XII still pretty good.

Anti-Matter

RR529

Yeah, I finished off Yunalesca last night in X. First two phases weren't too bad, but things kinda got kinda ropey in that third stage. I let all my characters stay inflicted with Zombie so the boss couldn't use that one hit KO spell on them, but they gradually chiped away at my party's HP towards the end, but I managed to lower the boss' HP enough that I was able to finish it with Bahumut's Overdrive. Didn't want to use Holy since it eats up so much MP, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

komodo182

I'm trying to get all the Celestial weapons in X. I forgot the destruction sphere in the first temple, so I can't get nirvana yet since I can't beat that dark aeon yet. I got Tidus and Auron's celestial weapon powered up with the crest and sigil.

FullbringIchigo

@RR529 well to be fair i had a weapon with Half MP Cost ability on it so it wasn't a problem for me

@komodo182 like an idiot i forgot the one in Macalania Temple so i have to try and beat Dark Shiva now and that's a major pain but as for the Celestial Weapons i don't think i'm going to bother honestly, i did that back on the PS2 and that was MORE than enough for me and besides with enough time i can make weapons with the same ability's anyway (bar break damage limit of course) but i'll still pick them all up just so my Aeons can have the bonus they bestow on them

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

komodo182

@FullbringIchigo I have all the weapons and most of the crests now. The sigils seem to be the pain.

RR529

Yeah, I have to go back for the destruction spheres in Besaid & Kilika, so I have no idea what I'm in for when it comes to Dark Aeons (on my original playthrough I lucked out and got them all my first time through), but I want to try because I want Anima.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

komodo182

@RR529 I want Anima as well, so I guess I will be trying to beat Dark Valefor. I will see if Yojimbo or whatever the name is will do some serious damage if I throw him some gil with Yuna's Overdrive.

FullbringIchigo

@komodo182 they are i got them all on the original PS2 release and i said "NEVER AGAIN"
Untitled

(i took that with my phone last night and yes that is Yunalesca sitting under my TV)

FullbringIchigo

@RR529 you can go to Kilika if you want too, there is no Dark Aeon there but if you go to Besaid you will have to fight Dark Valefor first

komodo182

@FullbringIchigo That's awesome! I feel like its a once in a lifetime thing to do. Do it once and then never again since its so much work to get them all.

Anti-Matter

I don't know how to say but...
My Yojimbo has ever did Zanmato quite oftenly when he was facing with tough enemies and i have ever experienced Yojimbo unleashed Zanmato before even i paid him.
And i paid him usually between 10 - 100 Gil.

Anti-Matter

komodo182

@Anti-Matter I never use Yojimbo, but that's my plan to try on Dark Valefor next time I play. I watched a youtube video last night about it.

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
OMG...!!!
It just happened !!
My Yojimbo did Zanmato on Dark Valefor.
I'm playing FF X switch right now.

Btw, i paid him 8200 Gil and he nodded.
When he nodded = Zanmato !!

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic