Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,768

FullbringIchigo

@komodo182 yeah but you know what people are like now a days, "if you don't have a Trophy/Achievement then you didn't do it"

which is bull, i remember when if some one said they did it that was enough

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Anti-Matter Noice sounds like you had a lucky break

don't forget if you didn't pick it up at the start of the game get the item that give Valefor it's second limit break (talk to the girl behind the counter at the shop. Then go to the furthest house on the right side and a dog will be there, it will be in it's mouth.)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Anti-Matter

@FullbringIchigo
Ow, snap !
Whaaat....?!
My Yojimbo did Zanmato (again) toward enemies at Omega Ruins before even i paid him !!
He just did it by initiative.
What was going on ??

Anti-Matter

FullbringIchigo

@Anti-Matter Yojimbo's attacks are based on his motivation and relationship with Yuna, various things affect this but if he is attacking at will then he has a strong relationship with Yuna and is thus more likely to attack on his own or use Zanmoto

komodo182

@FullbringIchigo yeah, I saw that in a video too and need to do that. I am working on Wakka's sigil, so I am doing some blitzball. Almost done the second league.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

RR529

Is Yojimbo also more likely to use Zanmato if he has a full Overdrive gauge? I tried paying him 50,000 gil with no luck, but he had no Overdrive charge.

I tried facing Dark Velafor and got crushed (I had no idea these things would be this powerful), and don't stand a chance unless I get lucky with a Zanmato. Of course I could summon him a bunch on regular battles just to build a bond with him & Yuna, but who knows how long that'll take.

BTW, I tried getting back to Kilika temple but was blocked at the entrance by a couple of Monks. No Dark Aeon or anything, just that the game won't let be back in there.

EDIT: Got everything figured out. Dark Valefor has been Zanmato'd, and I simply needed to move the main story forward a bit to regain access to the temples. Anima will be mine!

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Strangely, my Yojimbo sometimes used his Zanmato quite oftenly.
He could use Zanmato after i paid with money between 10 - 100 Gil (Usually i gave him with even numbers such as 10 / 12 / 20 / 40 / etc). He could use Zanmato before even i paid him !!
Zanmato doesn't depend on Overdrive bar. Yojimbo can uses Zanmato even without full Overdrive bar. Even if his Overdrive bar already full, he can use 2/3 Overdrive bar to do Zanmato.
I think the key is about the numbers of money you give to Yojimbo. I gave him little amount money between 10 - 100 Gil but NEVER gave him 1 Gil. You can tell if he will do Zanmato or not after you pay him. If he nodded after you paid him, that means he will do Zanmato. If he accept the money without nodding, that means he will do either Kozuka or Wakizashi. He can do Wakizashi to all enemies as Counter. But if he waves his hand, that means he doesn't like with your payment and let his Daigoro attack 1 enemy.
Btw, i caught my Yojimbo used his Zanmato till five times (by total) when i was playing FF X Switch yesterday.

Oh, before you go to Baaj temple for getting Anima, make sure you have unlocked ALL chests by using Destruction Sphere from Besaid, Kilika, Djose, Macalania, Bevelle and Zanarkand temple. And only Tidus, Rikku and Wakka can swimming outside of Baaj temple and you have to beat Geosgaeno first before you can enter Baaj temple again. Equipped your team with Stoneproof and Deathproof armors, make sure your team can spell Thundaga with high Magic stats or throw any elemental Gems toward Geosgaeno.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

komodo182

Hopefully I will see what my Yojimbo does tomorrow

RR529

Got Anima, so I'll probably confront Sin next time I play. (I know there are probably clues hidden in the game, but I don't know how people had the patience to figure out all those secret area coordinates originally. Thank goodness for YouTube, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Late

At Yunalesca now.

I was expecting a hard fight since I've seen some talk about her here. I was battling her first form and that felt way too easy so I guessed she must have a second form. It was quite easy to defeat her second form as well and I was thinking that she wasn't as hard as I thought she'd be.

Then comes the third form which I didn't expect. It wasn't all that bad either and I was just about in range that I could finish her off with a summon when she casts Regen. That's when everything changed.

I had trouble keeping her health low and didn't come to think of Dispel until much later and even then it missed so I don't know if it actually works against her and Regen. I've never used Dispel before.

In the end I also experimented with Reflect to see if it works on her attack that causes Death. Unfortunately I also cast Hastega couple turns later not remembering my Reflect and that was the last nail in the coffin. Right afterwards I also learned that no, Reflect didn't have any effect on her attack.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

BruceCM

Lols, @Late .... It's that 3rd form that everyone is talking about See my earlier post for some ideas & let me know if you want more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Late

@BruceCM Thanks but I think I'm good. No need for tips. I almost finished the fight on my first try without knowing what was coming so I think I should be fine. I enjoy figuring bosses out on my own. I just need to equip my characters with stuff that actually matters in this fight.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

BruceCM

Fair enough, @Late .... I'm sure you'll be fine. Took me a few goes, 1st time I was playing

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

FullbringIchigo

@Late yeah the very first time i did that fight back on the PS2 that battle really stumped me

now when i do it i make sure i have least one character with "Death Proof" armour, just i case

komodo182

@Late Its not that it was a hard fight really, just cleared away all the zombies status before the third form and she instantly kills everyone. Of course I didn't have any death proof armour either.

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
Have you captured All monsters in Calm Land for the first time ?
You can get 60 Farplane Winds from the owner of Monster Arena for completing first monsters capture on Calm Land. The 60 Farplane Winds are for armor customize to make Deathproof. Better give to Yuna since she can summon Aeons and she must be safe.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Quarth

I just beat FF XII. Great game! Not a masterpiece, but there's a lot to enjoy. The Gambit system is a stroke of genius and the music is awesome!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

komodo182

@Anti-Matter Yes, I have completed most of the captures for thhe monster arena ( I have Auron's celestal weapon). I haven't customized any armour yet.

komodo182

Well Dark Valefor is no more and I now have the moon sigil

RR529

Beat Sin tonight.

Only two more story bosses left if my memory is right. The last fight against Seymour and then the final boss.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic