Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,768

Dezzy

@link3710

I meant the PS1 games. But yeah you're right. I forgot those were natively written ports on PC and PS4.

I assume the Switch can't be too different from those though given how quickly engines like Unreal and Unity offered Switch compatibility.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Dezzy Actually, the fact that the Switch uses ARM (the same thing in phones and tablets) is probably why. Both those engines already had mobile ports. But yeah, that said, basically every developer under the sun has said porting to Switch from PC is super easy (so long as it isn't a super high end game).

Anyways, when it comes to the PS1 games, the smoking gun is the lack of Final Fantasy VIII. Since that's the only one without a remastered PC port, it explains it's absence, whereas an emulation would certainly include it.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy Ah, I must have missed that. I do hope they come out earlier in 2019, since the early months tend to be dry of new releases.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

If you're an RPG fan, remember Tales of Vesperia comes out in January. I never finished it back on the Xbox but it's easily one of the best in the series.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy No worries there, I will be picking that up for sure.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sisilly_G

According to the EB Games (Australia) product page, X-2 will be supplied as a download code.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Anti-Matter

Silly_G wrote:

According to the EB Games (Australia) product page, X-2 will be supplied as a download code.

NOOOOOOO......!!! 😱😱😱

Dang It !
I really want to get rid my PS4 version of FF X/X-2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Justifier

Thats not too bad, X-2 is not very good imo.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Anti-Matter

Btw, let's we compare FF X/X-2 HD on PS VITA & Switch.

PS Vita (Two games in one)
Untitled

PS Vita (Separated)
Untitled
Untitled

Switch (USA, PAL)
Untitled
Untitled

If we see the details on its cover, the PS Vita version with two games in one has a Warning text to require download since FF X-2 = digital download, while PS VITA version has separated FF X & FF X-2 in physical (but still needs Memory stick).

The Switch version comes with Clean artwork, NO warning about download requirement nor FF X-2 = digital code, so i assume FF X/X-2 switch = FULL 2 games in one cartridge.

Another case with Fortnite. The retail box said the box has No cartridge at all, instead it has only Download code, it mentioned on the Top of the cover.

So, i assume if the game will be digital code with pysical box, it will mentioned from the beginning. If the cover DOESN'T have any words like "Micro SD card required" or "The game is available in digital codes", it definetely Full games in Physical retail.

And, let's compare with other Switch games that have two games in one but one of them was digital download.
Untitled
Untitled

FF X/X-2 Switch will be released on 16 April 2019, 3 months from now, so i'm sure the cover we saw from internet was Definetely Official cover, WITHOUT any words about digital codes nor Micro SD card requirement for FF X-2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

While I much prefer physical games, I'm not fully against having digital games if there are no other options. I'd like to know the file size on the Switch if that news for X-2 isn't region-specific.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Agriculture

FFX / X-2 HD collection is the one game I don't care if the 2nd game is download. FFX-2 is a really bad game. I bought it way back when on PS2 and hated everything about it.

Agriculture

JaxonH

They did the same thing for the Vita release. I was expecting it for Switch.

FFX-2 is kind of universally panned... I don’t think too many care about having that one on cart. Just so long as the timeless classic FFX is all on there. Granted, it would definitely be nice to have them both but... it’s kinda like the Mega Man Collections. As long as the timeless classics of 1-6 or X1-X3 are on there, who cares about the rest.

I’ll be buying them all digitally anyways in addition to physical, just because timeless classics deserve to be accessible 24/7 without the inconvenience of swapping carts.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Trajan

@Anti-Matter Games only get a SD card required of they exceed the 25 or so GB of free space on the Switch already.

So FF7 for switch is legit just the PS1 version? I was thinking we were getting the remake?

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
I think we will get FF VII from IOs / Android version for Switch (Enhanced graphics but still crappy 3D textures)

I assume FF X/X-2 Switch version will be fit enough in 16 GB size cartridge by assume the PS3 version = 23 GB so the Switch version could be 12 - 13 GB in one cartridge.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

FFX-2 is kind of universally panned...

I'm pretty sure it was reviewed well enough at launch before being blasted non-stop for years afterwards, only to eventually get a cult following.

I don't actually know if what I just said is true, but it's a game in a popular series that people hate on so it's a really safe assumption.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@Trajan We're getting some port of the PS1 version. Whether that's the iOS/Android version or the PC version that came to PS4, don't know.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
FF X-2 in my opinion was like 2 Edged blade.
Good thing = Hilarious storyline yet entertaining, some fanservice / fancy from Job change animations.
Bad thing = Storyline itself, like Final Fantasy Charlie's Angels Slumber Party edition. 😆
Also, some copy paste abilities on certain jobs and NO weapon upgrade.

I prefer FF X-2 to FF X due to "Slumber Party" vibes that i felt from Yuna Rikku Paine's journey as Sphere hunters. It felt like they want to have fun from doing their job as Sphere hunters with some Pop vibes, fanciness and Girlie things on RPG game. That's why i still consider FF X-2 despite of its Hilarious Ouch storyline quality.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
It’s been panned as long as I can remember.

I’ve played it myself, though not to completion.

Tidus isn’t in the game, and it’s more like Dragon Quest Monsters than Final Fantasy. Kinda reminds me of the sequel to Tales of Symphonia. Just a drastic departure from the previous game, story isn’t that good, recruit monsters for your party instead of actual characters...

There’s a good reason the game is panned. It was decently enjoyable enough for me but there was nothing special about it aside from having a few characters I grew attached to in the previous game. Had I just played FFX-2, I wouldn’t have cared about it at all. In truth you are somewhat right, it’s not that it’s a horrible game. But its predecessor is one of the best JRPGs of all time. While it’s just an average, decently good game, albeit completely different and without the main character everyone grew to love.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@CurryPowderKeg79
About FF X/X-2 Switch, i have crosschecked from playasia to make sure the games are in physical release for both of them, because when i read the description of PS Vita version, it has been described if FF X-2 PS vita version = digital download. I found nothing about Micro SD card and Internet download requirement for FF X/X-2 Switch version, so i assume both of them are released in Physical media without digital code for X-2.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic