Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,768

Dezzy

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Can someone help me understand why IX is so beloved? I loved that game... for the first hour only. Then it slowly fell apart.

For me its mostly the characters and the world design. The story is also very good and well paced.
And Chocobo Hot 'n' Cold is one of the best mini games in any FF game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

FFIX is one of the few SP games in the series that I've never touched. It and FFII.

Although I never finished FFVIII.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Eel

The only Final Fantasy games I've actually finished, from start to credits, are 1 through 7.

Out of those, I've only played through 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 more than once.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

I've probably played FFVII to completion 10+ times over the years. I love that game.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

embison

@JaxonH >> I'd skip FFX-2 though. It's pretty much agreed upon that it's not that good.

I'd argue that people think X-2 is different, not that it's bad. It's not what many people are looking for in a FF game. And you better like the main three characters, because you are going to be spending a lot of time with them.

What appeals to me about X-2 is the theme. "OK, you saved the world, now what?"

The Wii U is still the world's best console. Buy one today!

Tyranexx

@link3710: I knew about XIV being a MMO, but not XI. Thanks for the heads up!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Is XIV the one that was so bad at lunch they actually had an apocalypse in-game and started over from scratch?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Is XIV the one that was so bad at lunch they actually had an apocalypse in-game and started over from scratch?

I heard that it improved by dinner.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: I'll just go supper Saiyan on the pun police. =3

ieatdragonz

I have never played a Final Fantasy game. I know people have already asked this question "Where should I start?" before, but that's not what I want to ask. What I do want to ask is if Crystal Chronicles is good enough of a starting point? Does it have advanced features only Final Fantasy fans would know? I have too much on the backlog to go for the other games, but do want to play/try-out Crystal Chronicles multiplayer. It works in 2-player right?

Actually, another question, is XII a fine enough starting point for the main series? Since its the first one coming to the Switch, I need to know if I should pick it up immediately or wait for Seven/Nine/Ten-Ten2.

Also, I know people hate XIII, but do you think it has a chance of coming to the Switch? Would be cool to have as many as possible here, even if it isn't a must-play.

God so many questions. Sorry, I'm just a bit of a Final Fantasy noob.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

the one that was so bad at lunch they actually had an apocalypse in-game and started over from scratch?

Sounds like my mum's cooking.

JaxonH

Check it out!

New trailer for World of Final Fantasy Maxima

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

I bought the Vita version just because you get to explore some of the old FF worlds from previous games.
Don't care about anything else cos it looks a bit dumb.

Dezzy

I'm pretty sure I would've thought "those chibi things are aimed at a bit of a younger audience".....when I was 10 years old.

Heavyarms55

So all of these got announced but... did we ever get a release date or anything? I was kinda pumped about getting them...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Magician

Heavyarms55 wrote:

So all of these got announced but... did we ever get a release date or anything? I was kinda pumped about getting them...

World of Final Fantasy released digitally last month, while its physical release is in February.

Everything else is TBA 2019, with physical preorders open for FFX&X-2 and FFXII.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

Everything just said 2019. I doubt the older games will take too long. Those will probably just be straight-up software emulation.

link3710

@Dezzy Definitely not emulation, these are the same modern ports that are on PS4 / PC. There's no way they're getting a PS2 emulator up and running well enough on the Switch to sell for just a couple games. Considering we already have confirmation that XII has the updates from the modern version, I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed they all will be from that batch of releases.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic