Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 121 to 140 of 645

Spoony_Tech

@Jeronan I thought that was odd as well. Not one gameplay footage still. For a company that wants us to play this in a bad way they sure aren't making it easy to want to play it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

I might be clutching at straws here - but are there any reviews specifically for the Xbox One version of the game? (incl. capture footage etc?) ..I just wonder whether it has anything to do with Sony's exclusive marketing deal perhaps?

I saw people giving their impressions after having gone hands-on with the Switch version at Gamescom - and that build of the game seemed to be going down pretty well - so it'd be surprising if there were something majorly wrong with the full release when it drops - but I seem to recall that nobody was allowed to capture direct footage from that version (only off-screen) ..maybe Sony's deal is the reason?

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@NaviAndMii http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/fifa-18

Users are ripping Both console versions to shreds.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@NaviAndMii The Sony deal is weird....as Nintendo is advertising FIFA alongside Splatoon and Mario Kart...

But there are no review codes sent out until launch day, no demo...just blind faith. But that doesn't affect Xbox. So...I don't know what the hell is happening.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NaviAndMii

@Spoony_Tech Ah yeah, I see that 'Trusted Reviews' used the Xbox One version to review the game...there goes that theory then! Well, I'll certainly be holding off buying it rather than risk being burned...

I think that having a FIFA on the go (even if it isn't the 'full' FIFA experience) seems like it could be a great fit for the console - but embargo's worry me...concerning

@BLP_Software Yeah, that's true as well actually...

The silence is deafening regarding the Switch version - I was hoping to get it this weekend, but I won't be risking it unless I'm certain that my money wouldn't be better spent on something else...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Hughesy

If mine shows up tomorrow (you never know with Amazon) I’ll be sure to write about it here. I had an argument with myself weather to get the Switch or PC version, but went with the Switch, so hopefully it’s the right choice.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

NaviAndMii

@Hughesy That'd be great - got my fingers crossed for ya! I'm sure it'll be fine - like I say, the impressions from Gamescom seemed generally positive for it...I don't know what could've gone majorly wrong between then and now!

Are we assuming that the new 'live' transfer negotiations will also be absent from the Switch version? Not the biggest thing in the world, but I quite like the idea of sitting in an office with a chairman/player/agent and hammering out a deal - looks pretty cool to me! Hoping that it'll come with the full rosters too (surely?) ..I'm a huge football fan on a pretty global scale - so the more leagues/players the better as far as I'm concerned!

Green_Samot

BLP_Software wrote:

@NaviAndMii The Sony deal is weird....as Nintendo is advertising FIFA alongside Splatoon and Mario Kart...

But there are no review codes sent out until launch day, no demo...just blind faith. But that doesn't affect Xbox. So...I don't know what the hell is happening.

Anyone with EA Access has had the game for almost a week now, so some reviews may be based from that

Green_Samot

gcunit

Gex91 wrote:

I just hope it is as good as Fifa can be on a portable/ home console hybrid and that it's not like the 3DS versions, which were absolutely dreadful to play imo.

Fwiw, I don't have any issues with the gameplay in FIFA 12 on the 3DS - certainly not dreadful IMO.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Gex91

@kobashi100
That footage does look quite promising. I just hope it isn't littered with bugs. If it isn't, I'm completely fine with this version. Don't care about the lack of The Journey. Have Fifa17 on ps4 and never even played it.

Gex91

Spoony_Tech

With all the complaining people are doing on the other versions watch the Switch version be the definitive version.

MERG said:

JaxonH

@NaviAndMii @Spoony_Tech
There were only 7 ratings for users. That's not enough reliable data points. You need much more before you can see any reliable trend. Plus users of annualized games have a habit of clocking zeros anytime they're unhappy about any little aspect of the game. 2 people put a 0 and the other 5 who said it was great, their scores aggregate down the crapper.

We are just not getting a demo because it's not a priority for them. It doesn't mean the game is going to be bad. Demos on Nintendo systems are typically only used when the game is exceptionally good but getting little attention.

My copy just shipped.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DonJahnson

Heres hoping GAME deliver mine tomorrow...even better today! Hate controlling just 1 player so I don't care about missing out on the journey, manager mode being portable is going to be dangerous, especially during transfer windows! Simply cant wait and if by any small chance it sucks on Switch then i'll pick it up on XBox at Xmas time, but Nintendo + Fifa = Happy me !

Switch code 8390 2978 7201 (UK'ers only please)
Instagram - Jahnson11

Nin10dad

The reviewer had confirmed on Twitter that his review will be dropping later today.
My copy was delivered by Amazon today. Shame I'm away with work until Tuesday. When I return I've got this and a SNES mini waiting. And only 30 days until we get to throw a hat at everything we see. What a time to be a Nintendo gamer.

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

kobashi100

I definitely prefer the way 2k went when it comes to the visuals. Switch version of NBA 2K18 on switch definitely looks closer to PS4/Xbox one compared to FIFA.

They have made a good effort though. Tried to squeeze current gen into last gen engine.

Let's see how it reviews.

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Sisilly_G

gcunit wrote:

Fwiw, I don't have any issues with the gameplay in FIFA 12 on the 3DS - certainly not dreadful IMO.

The 3DS version of Fifa 12 (which is the only Fifa game I own, until tomorrow anyway) is absolutely fine. The 3D is atrocious though. EA should have just left it out seeing as they couldn't figure out how to pull it off.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Paperboy

I searched for the file size of Fifa 18 and found that it's about 14 GB. So it would fit nicely on a 16 GB card I'd imagine. Does anyone know if they opted for the 8 or the 16 GB card? Can't find it anywhere.

Paperboy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.