Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 641 to 645 of 645

Lroy

@gcunit Congrats on winning your first Serie A title on World Class difficulty no less. I’m impressed. How many seasons did that take out of interest?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

gcunit

@Lroy Thanks Though bear in mind I can't always stop myself replaying a crucial match if the result doesn't go my way, which happens particularly if I feel I've been cheated by refereeing decisions, but also sometimes if I make stupid errors. Don't think I needed to do it in either game against Juventus though, who are the best squad in the league and constantly winning.

So I still amassed those points, but not all of them were gained at the first attempt. Hoping to eradicate that habit this season.

Think it was only the second season, though given the player turnover I've had since I joined Fiorentina, I find that hard to believe. Only a couple of original players still in my team. The board don't give me much money, despite qualifying for the Champions League two years in a row, so I have to sell to buy, and am possibly going to come unstuck when all my key players start asking for more money cos I don't have much left in the wage budget. They expect me to win the title again this year, but only with 26 million to strengthen the squad, which I blew on one player.

Does FIFA 19 change the training at all? Having to prioritise only 5 players per week is a real PITA.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit Wow! Are you only two or three seasons in? I’ve stuck to the default 6 minute halves on FIFA ‘19 and seasons do progress slowly so imagine you are using the 6 minute halves too.

To be honest the Career Mode in FIFA ‘19 for Switch is identical to the Career Mode for FIFA ‘18 for Switch by all accounts. I believe the training aspect was tweaked for the full-fat big boy versions of FIFA ‘19 as I read or heard somewhere that you can now train/improve stats for strength and pace. That is still missing from the Switch version.

As for replaying crucial matches, you big fat cheat! Ha! Ha! I’m glad I never felt tempted to do that as i’m sure that way insanity lies. That said, perhaps I should have considered it as my most recent Career Mode save on FIFA ‘18 (my first on World Class difficulty) ended in me getting the sack after three seasons with Luton Town. I’d got them promoted once and was building a dynasty of Youth Talent plus bringing the World’s Best rising stars (Regens for the likes of Robben, Iniesta, Buffon) to the club on Loan deals. Alas, wasn’t enough. I could never manage to string a consecutive number of wins together and failed to achieve another promotion in the speedy manner the board demanded. Gutted. I’ve gone back to Professional difficulty for my Leicester City and MK Dons Career save files on FIFA ‘19. However, I am actually finding it too easy. So guess, I’ll try World Class again, perhaps even with my own Serie A side? Always been a bit partial to Sampdoria or even the returning plucky underdogs of Parma.

Edited on by Lroy

gcunit

@Lroy I knocked the half length down to 5mins at some point and am still on that now, just to try and make a bit of progress.

Replaying matches does feel dirty, but given the amount of hours we log on this game, I'm not really in it for standing still. I tell myself it's easier to get up to standard in World Class by playing the same game repeatedly until I can win it, just helps me see where I'm going wrong and improve. If I just ploughed through the seasons I'm not sure I'd feel like I was developing my ability. Plus, to keep the game interesting you need a bit of a money for transfers and wages, and the better you perform, the more money you get. The dejection of failing to win promotions, getting relegated, getting sacked etc. is not what I play the game for.

But I completely understand why others wouldn't want to play it that way (and it's not like I finish the season with a 100% record). The more real you can make it feel, the better those highs too.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit Yeah, man. Getting any money with Luton Town was like getting blood from a stone. Whatever pennies they offered all went to setting up the Youth Academy and player wages - my transfers we strictly limited to loan signings and each season I had to sell one or two of my first team to just keep things ticking over.

And yet they still wanted instant results on the pitch on World Class.

Edited on by Lroy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.