Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 592

link3710

@Slowdive Honestly, I was a bit confused when sixrings said that. I don't recall either Nate or Emily chiming in on LoZ ports, and there's no reason to think the new DK won't show up at a different event, they never said it'd be here.

link3710

MrGawain

@Grumblevolcano

Of course Pokemon Diamond/Pearl being remakes themselves. If that’s all they’ve got ready, fine, but I get the feeling it’s not the most enticing Christmas game against the XBX and PS5.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

electrolite77

What an enjoyable show that was. Advance Wars, Metroid, Wario Ware. Old school Nintendo goodness. With Monkey Ball and a Cruisin game that could have been an E3 from the early noughties. Managing to avoid any leaks for the last couple of weeks really helped as everything was a genuine surprise.

Between Switch and Series X, funnily enough the two good E3 shows among a sea of dross, I have a ludicrously long list of games I want to play over the rest of the year

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

iKhan

6 or 7/10

I think the biggest mistake they made was not letting the hype speak for itself. Just dropping the Metroid Dread trailer would have been incredible, but prefacing it with the "it's not Prime 4" kind of weakened the hype. IMHO, a better thing they could have done would be just to add the logo at the end to remind us that Metroid Prime 4 is coming soon (idk why Nintendo has pretty much stopped doing concept art reveals).

Same with Zelda. Would have been great to think "oh what is this" before we find out it's a BOTW2 Trailer.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Zuljaras

I loved that there was no Switch "Pro" announced! Let them focus on the games!

I will definitely get the Zelda game watch. I did not care much for the Mario one but this will be great!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Harmonie

I have a very similar opinion to this Direct that I did the last - it was objectively a good Direct. In fact, I'd say it was objectively an even better Direct, and by a wide margin. It certainly won the E3, and not just because every other conference sucked, but because it was legitimately a good Direct in of itself.

The only thing is that, again, there isn't a whole lot for me personally. I try to be understanding, but the Switch has been a lot of "not for me" and that makes me sad.

I'm very happy for Advance Wars fans. What a bombshell that was! And a Metroid 2D platformer for people who like that kinda thing certainly makes a better bridge to Metroid Prime 4 than simply bringing remasters of the Metroid Prime series to the Switch.

As for me, it feels like Mario Party Superstars was the only game coming out this year that caught my eye personally, and I hate to say that, because it's really just a rehash. I just have a lot of nostalgia for those N64 Mario Party games, and they are remade in beautiful HD.

SMTV might be something I try out. The Great Ace Attorney collection is a must buy from me, since they are the only games in that series I haven't played (or watched in the case of the Miles Edgeworth sequel we never got). The Danganronpa series looks kinda interesting, and I have been meaning to try it. On the Switch is a pretty good place to play games, so maybe I will when I have money.

But the megaton games I'm really looking forward to from Nintendo begin next year (Pokemon Legends: Arceus and BOTW2), and that's a bit disappointing. It's just a really weak year for Nintendo.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

HotGoomba

Anti-Matter wrote:

@.Slowdive
I don't play that game.
Zero interest.

I don't think that was meant specifically for you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Dezzy

Well I think Zelda wins the "best announcement of E3" for me, which is obviously an award that exists.

Forza Horizon 5 is probably 2nd.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

@Slowdive I guess plans suddenly changed for True Colours since that is now the same date as other platforms?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

vio

Big disappointment for me. All I really wanted was Metroid Prime, Mario Kart 8 DLC or a Mario Kart 9 and more Splatoon 3. I thought for sure I'd get at least one, but nope.. Some of the 3rd party stuff looked ok, but nothing that was "oh I gotta have that!" besides for the Doom Eternal DLC. Covid is clearly still affecting game development across the board. :/ I also noticed all the gaming sites like this one and the YouTubers who hyped up the "Switch Pro" endlessly in recent weeks are now real quiet about it. LOL.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

vio

Oh, I do want that new Cruis'n game too! Hopefully it has online racing as well.

HotGoomba

@vio not even Metroid or BOTW or Mario Party or WarioWare?

vio

Metroid Dread looks decent, but I am much more of a Metroid Prime guy. I was hoping the long rumored Metroid Prime Trilogy HD would at least be announced.. I've felt like it was a real thing, but now I dunno.. I don't care much for open world Zelda without traditional dungeons, so I am reserving judgment on BOTW 2 until I learn and see more. It does look pretty good from what I saw there though. Could absolutely care less about Mario Party or WarioWare. Not my thing at all. I'm glad so many people liked the Direct, but there was just very little for me personally.

Artonide

An ok direct, meh for me. Was hoping for a new console and a big game reveal with launch in oct/nov (like luigis mansion 3). But not complaining, my backlog is huge and more good nintendo games coming this summer. Guess my expectations are to high, want that WOW feeling when its such a big event.

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

HotGoomba

@DennisNOR You were expecting a new Switch? Hell yeah your expectations were too high lol

sixrings

@Slowdive sorry I was in line for my second vaccine. I’m still waiting for a pro. Thank you very much. I hope one day to hear an episode of Nate the hate dedicated to you. Donate $100 to your man crush.

sixrings

Snatcher

No way there actually going to sell mario superstars for 60$, No way i'm buying this at full price, Its going to have to be that good.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Cynas

I really enjoyed Nintendo's E3 direct as a whole. Definitely most hyped for Metroid Dread. I'm a big fan of 2D metroid games and I really loved the Metroid II remake on the 3DS. My main complaint with that game was that the counter mechanic didn't feel very fluid, but that seems to be fixed in Dread. Mario Party, Advance Wars, Danganronpa, and Warioware were all nice announcements as well, and the new trailer for BoTW 2 looks great. The direct also further cemented my hype for SMT V and MH Stories 2.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

ThanosReXXX

Ha! I'm SO laughing at all the people that actually believed that there was going to be a "Switch Pro" announcement. I always said it was nothing but rumors, but no, there were "reputable/reliable" sources, and "obviously", it was the only logical thing Nintendo could do, to safeguard the future...

Meanwhile, Nintendo is still selling thousands of the regular and the Lite model Switch, and they're laughing all the way to the bank, so there's no need whatsoever for them to release new hardware.

Maybe next time, people.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic