Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 592

Dezzy

Ok I thought that was pretty damn good overall.

I usually consider these presentations a success if there are 2 games I REALLY want to play (and a few I'm mildly interested in).

This time I got 3 games. Metroid, Advance Wars and Zelda.

8/10. Slightly better than Xbox's show. The fact that the Zelda sequel looks amazing pushes it slightly ahead of Xbox.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

Alright, that was a strong presentation by Nintendo.

Still not as good as MS's, imo.

But if anyone insisted that Nintendo "won" E3, I wouldn't argue.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jedgamesguy

ToadBrigade wrote:

WHAT A DIRECT!!!! So, so much good stuff there. I’m going to have to second @Slowdive on this one and say that was the absolute best one I’ve ever seen. Metroid Dread, Warioware, SMTV (not for me but I know how much the fans love it), Advance Wars, Monkey Ball, Mario Party, it was all soooo good! And they confirmed a bunch of already announced games are coming to Switch too!

I find it absolutely hilarious how after all of this speculation nobody is actually able to guess who the next Smash fighter is. But of course it’s Tekken! It makes too much sense!

And BOTW2. Man, it just looks amazing. It’s exactly what I wanted the sequel to be: more fantastic exploration, with new abilities and a twist on the world we all know and love. I can’t get over how good that presentation was. There was truly something for everyone, and they just blew everything we’ve seen this week out of the water.

I can't really add more than that. I kinda thought about a Zelda Anniversary Collection but seeing the heights BotW 2 has soared to... I don't care about that.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

link3710

That was utterly fantastic!

Quickly running down the list...
Metroid Dread - DREAD. DREAD OF ALL THINGS. I thought we'd never move past fusion. I dunno how much of this ties into the original Dread plans, but my gosh it's here and it looks so good.
Mario Party - This could be the best Mario Party in ages, and it's finally fully online. Hopefully they don't manage to screw it up but it looks good.
Warioware - YES MORE FULLY VOICED WARIO. I'm excited.
Advance Wars 1+2 remake - I only played Dual Strike, so I'm super excited to try these finally. I hope these do really well.
SMT V - Looking really good tbh. Got just enough from the direct to sate me.
Super Monkey Ball - I've always wanted to try the OG games (which I hear are the best) so YAY. It sounds like it's basically a remake of Deluxe, but that's not a bad thing.
GotG - ...I'm still not convinced, but awesome for anyone who's interested. Can't deny it's a bombshell that it's coming to Switch
Danganrompa - YES. I've been holding out for a Switch port for the series, so I'm playing this ASAP when it launches.
Life is Strange - The original AND True Colors? I feel spoiled, and I wanna try both. Another series I've missed due to lack of platforms to play on when it came out, so I wanna see what there is to this.
Cruis'n Blast - YES. I love Cruis'n, it was the first arcade racer I actually was good at. Didn't find out Nintendo owned it until recently, but glad we're getting the new arcade game finally.
Age of Calamity DLC - Odd placement as the final announcement, but eh. It looks like it's going to be wild, looking forward to it.
Fatal Frame - I reaaaally wanna try this after skipping it on Wii U, so I'mma give it a shot.
Two Point Campus - I wanna try this.
Kazuya - ...eh whatever. My least favorite Tekken character, but happy for whoever wanted him.

I think that covers everything! Save a few minor things and the new LoZ:SS and Mario Golf trailers

link3710

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah, Monkey Ball, Banana Blitz didn't interest me as much honestly. No idea why, can't remember which games I've played and loved, but I think it was these.
(...it's a collection, right? lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

-Juice-

This E3 has been a pretty bad showing all around. Microsoft had some exclusives to announce, but no real good looks at any of the games of interest. Square and Capcom’s presentations were unnecessary. Nintendo’s broadcast was pretty much a recap of everyone else’s things. That said, they did better in that they at least had Metroid Dread to show off with actual gameplay so you could tell what the game was about and how it plays.

BotW2, while great to see more on it, felt like random unreleased clips strung out together. I couldn’t tell what was going on, or why I should care besides the fact that it’s a new Zelda. This goes back to my main criticism with the other big third party games.

Big AAA companies need to start showing off segments of gameplay in their trailers, not random clips of action animations or cutscenes.

Fatal Frame and Mario Party seem interesting enough as well, and I know Wario aware has a fan base that is probably excited to finally get a new game.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Losermagnet

While I think the direct was a little lumpy, there was something for everyone I think. I had my one super-hype surprise (Advance Wars), an awesome surprise (Metroid Dread), BotW 2 footage that actually excites me and makes me want to start up the original game again, and a bunch of solid-looking releases for later this year (Mario Party, Wario Ware, SMT V).

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

link3710

@Joeynator3000 It's a collection of 1+2+Deluxe... aka a remake of Deluxe since that included 1+2's levels lol.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Buizel

Fantastic presentation. A barrage of consistent highs, although no single shocking reveal (maybe Zelda, your mileage may vary).

Surprised at the lack of Bayonetta 3, and I wonder what's going on with that Donkey Kong game everyone is so sure exists. Also kinda disappointing that they're still not announcing new consoles for NSO. Also Kazuma from Tekken was kinda surprising in a kinda mediocre way. I enjoy Tekken and it's great it's getting some representation...but this feels longer overdue (as in...he wouldn't have felt out of place 2 games ago) and another martial artist isn't particularly exciting.

That said, there was a ton to love here. Off the top of my head: Metroid, Super Monkey Ball, Rabbids, DBZ, Danganronpa, SMTV, Mario Party, Wario Ware, Fatal Frame, Advance Wars...

Also none of the common complaints of Nintendo always relying on the same IP, always focusing on JRPGs and/or overrelying on Wii U games seem justified here, which is nice.

A definite strong showing from Nintendo, and my favourite showing of the expo.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

7/10 - A solid Direct with plenty of good announcements. Regarding new announcements (as in not previously announced for Switch), most excited for Metroid Dread, Advance Wars 1+2 remake and Mario Party Superstars.

It's also very exciting also that even at E3 Nintendo is willing to announce Wii U ports, while Fatal Frame isn't my type of game it's fantastic that the game gets a 2nd chance. The Wii U release was very rough in the sense that Europe only got physical via a special edition and NA was digital only.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HotGoomba

9/10, best E3 presentation of this year. Not the best Nintendo Direct or anything, but so much highs and surprises that nobody expected, and there was truly something for everyone.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

HotGoomba

Also, we're getting a great Mario Party!?

Don't click on it.

rallydefault

When it started with the 5 minutes of Smash I was thinking to myself "Oh no, here we go..."
But after that I would say above average overall. Actually, it was a pretty nice Direct. Maybe because I really wasn't expecting much?

But seriously, stuff that looked awesome to me:

• Metroid Dread
  • Mario Party
  • Wario Ware
  • Zelda Game and Watch
  • Mario and Rabbids 2
    Age of Calamity DLC

Add that to what I already knew I was going to buy: Mario Golf and Skyward Sword, and I'm content through the fall. But I do still want to try and get a PS5 for Ratchet and Clank.

Only thing I was bummed about was no Zelda collection on Switch of any sort.

rallydefault

Ryu_Niiyama

I got what I wanted. BOTW2 info. So that was an auto mic drop for me.

However objectively...really great direct. lots of franchises getting new life on the switch, I don't have to pay through the nose for fatal frame, and lots of new footage for SMT V. Gotta re work my budget again though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Losermagnet

@HotGoomba watching that Mario Party trailer I was thinking "this is what everyone wants in a Mario Party game". The original (good) boards? Check. Classic mini game collection? Check. Online play for all modes? Check-a-roo.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

kkslider5552000

Nintendo would've won E3 with this 2 years ago, but they just flat out embarrassed everyone. And some of those games are just remakes! It felt like they really went all in on giving everyone SOMETHING they would want, which I thought was cool. But mostly they pandered to me, person who grew up with early 2000s Nintendo games. I'll take it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

For me, Nintendo Direct just now was 2 / 10. Only a few Nintendo games I have little interest about.
Meanwhile, Wholesome Indie Direct was
8 / 10. Almost every games shown caught my interest.
The winner of this year in my opinion is Wholesome Indie Direct.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Aozz101x

Xbox's, Nintendo's and Limited Run Games's E3 were the best out of every E3 conference.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

HotGoomba

@Losermagnet Yeah I fully agree. Super Mario Party wasn't bad, maybe even good, but it still wasn't a Mario Party people truly wanted.

THIS feels like a true evolution from Mario Party 6.

Don't click on it.

HotGoomba

@Anti-Matter I completely expected you to say that.

Don't click on it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic