Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country (Series)

Posts 121 to 126 of 126

kkslider5552000

I think people forget that the Kremlins stuck around for a while after DKC. It's really only the new platformers post-Rare where they vanished. They were in at the very least, the GBA updates of the SNES DKC games (which did have new content in them), the DK King of Swing games, and the mid 2000s Mario sports games. Also that racing game with the bongos. I guess most of those games are just kinda forgotten now.

And also, there's not a ton of games with the newer DKC enemies in them (it just might seem like a lot because the DKCR Mario Kart course lucked into being in 3 games in a row)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Oswinner

Finally just beaten DKC2! Great game. Diddy is a hero! Now pondering on if I go back and get all the DK coins. Think I’ve only got
4 coins lol. I’m not normally a completionist, I just usually like to get to the end credits. 100% is something I’m not bothered about so think I’ll whack on DKC3!

Oswinner

ophone

@Oswinner
I wouldn't in your case. DKC3 is my favourite out of the original trilogy. Alone the manner how you get the DK insignia in this one is a deal breaker to me.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console. Having a blast!
Currently getting through Ori and the Blind Forest.

jump

Has anyone played the Land games? I never gave them a try and I’m curious if they are worth visiting today.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

jump wrote:

Has anyone played the Land games? I never gave them a try and I’m curious if they are worth visiting today.

I played Land 2 more than 15 years ago. All I can tell you about it in hindsight is that I sucked at it, and was way better at the GBA version of DKC2 that came out like months later. Also that the main underwater theme of the game "Lockjaw's Saga" was used for like every level of the first world past the first level.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic