Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 581 to 600 of 606

MSTRDM

@BenGrimm at the end of a season the seasonal character becomes a nin-seasonal character, then your stuff gets mailed to. Items can only be swapped between characters of the same sort (e.g. seasonal and seasonal)

MSTRDM

Tasuki

@BenGrimm At the end of the season the season character becomes a normal non season character and then all your stuff is mailed to you via the mailbox. You can then transfer stuff between non season characters via the stash or mailbox but not season characters.

With each new season you start completely over

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BenGrimm

Thanks for the replies, first time playing a Diablo so all new to me. Just got back to level 70 and ready for some greater rifts again.

BenGrimm

Tasuki

I don't know but I like the idea of starting fresh each new season as opposed to non season going and going. Especially for single play. The season goals give me something to drive for when I am playing alone. I played a ton of non season on the PS4 cause at the time season wasn't an option on consoles. Maxed out several classes but after awhile I just get bored without any goals if that makes sense.

With that said they I finished the first Chapter of season mode last night so now it's onward to chapter 2.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Man I never knew how seriously OP a Firebat Witch Doctor build can be. I am having alot of fun with it too!!! Seriously I think I have found a build that may take the top spot from my Demon Hunter. Lol

My Backlog

canucksfan989

@Tasuki loved the power of the WD Firebat but it felt lacking in the mobility department. Might of been how I did my skills but I ended up switching to Demon Hunter. Not sure which build I'll go for , my Barbarian from s15 is my favorite character so far with the Wastes set WW is a lot of fun and super mobile.

canucksfan989

nofriendo

Diablo III is down to $40 on the eShop, which prompts me to post:

I've never played any game in the Diablo franchise and I tend to shy away from overly complex RPGs, being more a fan of arcade action and games like Breath of the Wild - which is probably my favorite game of all time. All the reviews of Diablo III I've read rave about the hack 'n slash action of the gameplay, and the loot cycle. I think I would like this. However, the gameplay videos I've watched make the action look a bit lackluster, and I fear the controls and gameplay lack the dynamism I so love in BotW. Can y'all with experience and love (or lack thereof) for the game weigh in here? Thanks!

PS - To give some idea of the other games I've really enjoyed on the Switch, my faves include Celeste, Dead Cells, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim, Flat Heroes. Dust: An Elysian Tale I ended up deleting because the gameplay was too easy and repetitive.

nofriendo

RetroGamerAndrew

@nofriendo the combat system is indeed very dinamic. For each character there are at least 3/4 "cookie cutter" build, each playing totally different from the others and you can experiment with equip+skills combination to find your sweet spot; obviously each class plays differently, some are more mobile/fast while others relies more on DoT, but that's pretty standard in RPGs. Controls on Switch are spot-on, coming from PC version I couldn't believe how I couldn't feel the lack of mouse+keyboard combo. If your like your combat to be quick and intense (I see you like Dead Cells... I do too) then Diablo 3 will definitely be your thing.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

BenGrimm

Well I’m enjoying the Monk this season and it’s a pretty solid character. My Barbarian was paragon 755 and I struggled to beat a level 70 rift whereas my current 652 level monk is carving her way through 75 rifts already.

BenGrimm

nofriendo

@RetroGamerAndrew Hey, thanks for weighing in. I appreciate the input. I'm going to watch a few more gameplay videos and wait another 48 hours before making the decision. I've been impulse-buying a little too much recently (sigh: Thumper) and have instituted a waiting period for all new purchases.

nofriendo

puddinggirl

nofriendo wrote:

However, the gameplay videos I've watched make the action look a bit lackluster, and I fear the controls and gameplay lack the dynamism I so love in BotW. Can y'all with experience and love (or lack thereof) for the game weigh in here? Thanks!

PS - To give some idea of the other games I've really enjoyed on the Switch, my faves include Celeste, Dead Cells, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim, Flat Heroes. Dust: An Elysian Tale I ended up deleting because the gameplay was too easy and repetitive.

Oh you will love Diablo. The combat is addictive and satisfying. It's very dynamic because different builds change the play style completely. While games like BotW and Mario Odyssey keep things fresh by using different environments and puzzles, Diablo does it with combat, loot and monsters. I personally also love the lore so if you ever decided to buy it, play the story mode the first time.

Edited on by puddinggirl

puddinggirl

robcaduk

Can I ask a really stupid question?
I've just bought a Switch Lite and Diablo 3 but I am struggling with the control system.
Could anybody just list down all the controls for me?
For example - If I pick up some equipment - how do I get to the screen to compare it to the other things I have got? How do I check on all the powers I can use? How do I quit to the main menu?

Apologies again for being so dense!
Thanks for your help.

robcaduk

Bananenbrot

I just started with this game! Anyone feeling like doing some coop sessions?

Edited on by Bananenbrot

Bananenbrot

Switch Friend Code: SW-8096-7835-2890 | My Nintendo: Nanenbrot | Nintendo Network ID: Nanenbrot

Tasuki

Got back into Diablo III tonight. My son for whatever reason asked me if I wanted to play Diablo so we did. Started a new character necromancer and he started a Demon Hunter. Thinking I might go with the melee build Necromancer just to try something new. Had alot of fun playing it tonight.

My Backlog

Punisher67

Just ran a monk through season 4 - great character. The seven sided strike skill with the season 20 armour is insane. Reckon monk may be my second favourite character behind the wizard.

Best game EVER - still playing after 7 years.

Punisher67

Punisher67

@BenGrimm

The monk is amazing - great character to play.

On the switch I now have level 70 monk, barbarian, crusader, wizard, necromancer. At paragon level of approx 300 I think. Still learning every day though - game can be as shallow or as deep as you want to make it,

Great family game as well - my wife and 2 daughters - 18 and 14 - all play this co-op and have done for the last 6 years.

Punisher67

Mountain_Man

Prior to Animal Crossing, this was my most played game on the Switch.

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic