Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 261 to 280 of 606

Tasuki

@Super_Gravy Yeah with so many different builds for each character I rarely delete characters. Plus you have season characters s that after the current season you can't use in season anymore so if you want to play the new season you have to make a character. Then I have characters for multiplier that synergize better with differerent classes. Then if I want I would need a separate character for Hardcore if I play it. Needless to say I have already close to maixing out my PS4 allowed character slots.

I think with the Switch I am going to primary use it for season play and online play with people who don't have a PS4 or don't live anywhere near me.

The PS4 I will use for local Co-op and just casual playing and messing around with builds.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@Spoony_Tech You better . Now we just need to convince @berzerker99 to get it. Fair warning though I might be picking up later this month as this month I have a busy work schedule at the beginning plus this time of the year I am waiting for various places to do their Buy 2 games get one game free sale.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Wattsy75

Reviews seem to be coming through now

Fair few 9/10 scores from ign and gamespot

All saying how good it looks and runs

Wattsy75

Quarth

Hypin’ it up! Will be a good weekend playing this game, my first Diablo experience. Glad it seems to be well received!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Ryzaerian

Never thought I’d be this hyped about the release of a game I’ve been playing on/off since 2012, on three different platforms.

But, here I am. Already pre-purchased and downloaded. 😁

If you’re a new player, make sure you start a seasonal character. Seasons make the game even more interesting, and you’ll get to keep the character when the season ends.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
I saw you got Monster Hunter- I got you on the MHGU for whatever you need. Whenever you have questions, stuck on a hard quest and need help, whatever... just tag me.

But Im gonna need the same for Diablo, which I only ever played for an hour or so.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

forge002

I am planning on getting the Switch Diablo 3 console bundle on Friday, does anyone know what the download size of the game is, its a pain it doesnt come with the physical version.

forge002

Switch Friend Code: SW-6498-4067-9009

Lethal

Reached Act 3 today. Been playing in hand held mode the entire time. Battery lasts roughly 3 hours and the game plays and looks great on the small screen. No issues in any way.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Haha, I perennially suck at MH, I rarely make it past the first 2 or 3 stars. But I keep plugging at each iteration anyway! I still intend to put most of my MH effort into World, but I couldn't resist a sale on the huge and somewhat weird XX to have it handheld once again! I was struck by how simple the attacks feel again after the more combo-heavy World.

Diablo, well, at least normal PvE runs, doesn't need the coaching MH needs. It's a point and click game where you just pay attention to your skill trees and gear stats. High level, though...PvP stuff and "hardcore" characters (characters that never respawn, die once, and your character is gone forever...Diablo did Souls a decade before Souls!)...now that's something you play with a spreadsheet on another screen.... Stat effects and DPS calculations don't formulate themselves!

NEStalgia

Ryzaerian

@forge002

My pre-purchased, downloaded game is showing at 13.2 gigs.

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
The attacks and combos are actually 95% the same across both games. There's only a select difference here and there, really. A new move added here and there for World, and arts for MHGU, but mostly it's the exact same.

One thing I'll say about MHGU, is it has the typical slow start of previous games, but once you kick it into gear around 2 or 3 star Urgent, oh my gosh. The game is simply phenomenal. And it just keeps getting better and better. Honest truth- by the time I finished G rank, I did a complete 180 and can definitively say I had more fun with MHGU than World. And despite not having the graphics or nice open maps, almost every negative from the pre-World era has been addressed, negated or diminished. Cut tails showing on the map, disabling traps, styles, arts, transmog (armor fusion, the only game in the entire series to ever offer this feature), palico transmog, playing as a Palico, holding A to continuously gather or carve, speed crafting by holding A, sending items back mid hunt from the Transpurrtor, new Beast type Palico, renaming Palicos, not waiting 2 min to turn in a Paw Pass ticket for harvest tour quests, buying supply drops, SP mode mechanic, outside attacks while mounted contribute to toppling the monster rather than knocking someone off, teaching Palicos skills/support moves, hunting horn melodies and status messages displaying in the corner of the screen rather than the middle, jiggling the fishing lure, cutting/blunt kinsects for insect glaives can be swapped, Palico armor pigment change, field pouch, turning in account items any time, new patched in control scheme where R3 can be clicked in to run like in MH World, saving item sets, saving equipment sets, saving palico armor sets, palico rainbow armor pigment, etc. And it has the classic (superior, imo) skill system in place with strategic gemming of negative skills. And so much content- more free new DLC released today in fact- DLC that you actually download and keep, rather than the weekly rotating quests World offered. I think there's more free DLC in this game than some full $60 releases being sold today.

Check out a recent video clip upload I captured- you have this to look forward to:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ActionJaxonH/status/10577380638943...

As for Diablo, I'm really excited, and even more so just seeing everyone else so excited for it. It does make me feel better hearing you say that I won't necessarily need in depth coaching. Not that I'm unwilling, but it does make it easier to get into.

Question though- what difficulty to play on? I hear the game is really easy now, and I don't want it to be so easy I lose interest. At the same time, I don't want to turn the difficulty up if it's just fine how it is, if people are exaggerating a bit about the easy difficulty. Maybe for diehard fans it's super easy, but if it's a moderate difficulty then I'm OK with sticking with that. Alternatively, if it actually is way too easy, I wouldn't mind turning the difficulty up a level. What difficulty would you recommend for me to start out on?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BrainOfGrimlock

JaxonH wrote:

Question though- what difficulty to play on? I hear the game is really easy now, and I don't want it to be so easy I lose interest. At the same time, I don't want to turn the difficulty up if it's just fine how it is, if people are exaggerating a bit about the easy difficulty. Maybe for diehard fans it's super easy, but if it's a moderate difficulty then I'm OK with sticking with that. Alternatively, if it actually is way too easy, I wouldn't mind turning the difficulty up a level. What difficulty would you recommend for me to start out on?

There are so many difficulty levels and you can change them quickly on the fly - my very first play through I was finding it silly easy halfway through chapter 2 so increased and then again a few times before the end. It's a bit of a risk/reward that you choose as you play - the higher the difficulty, the higher the bonuses/drop rates, the higher the chance of death... It's where the determination to grind comes in when playing adventure mode after the main story - there's always another difficulty/rift level to attack and it's stupidly compelling!

Does anyone know if Adventure mode is unlocked from the beginning on the switch version or do we have to bash through the campaign again?

BrainOfGrimlock

Spoony_Tech

I don't have many questuons other then I assume the harder the difficulty the better the loot? Game seems pretty straight forward to me unlike Dark Souls.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech Pretty much, yep! As mentioned earlier (I think by NEStalgia?), once you're up in the upper echelons of difficulty or playing Hardcore mode then it becomes more complex and you really have to start paying attention, otherwise yep, it's a case of find loot, find better loot and combine it with the skills you like etc to optimise.

BrainOfGrimlock

Lethal

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I don't have many questuons other then I assume the harder the difficulty the better the loot? Game seems pretty straight forward to me unlike Dark Souls.

You adjust the difficulty as you play. My PS4 character is level 512 and I play on Torment VII quite a bit. The game can be insanely difficult if you like. Or incredibly easy.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Ryzaerian

@Lethal

I’m not sure what’s dumber: modding your Switch or bragging about it on the forums, while including your SW code no less. Use your brain. You know that’s an immediate account permaban, right?

You guys create problems for the rest of us and I, for one, resent that you do it. And that’s not even counting the times it’s used to cheat. Stay offline with that crap.

@Spoony_Tech

There are 70 character levels, followed by Paragon levels which give you additional stat boosts post-70. Equipment drops continue to improve all the way up to Torment XIII.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

NEStalgia

@JaxonH that sounds cool about mhgu! I'll still probably focus on world. Though the playable palicos call to me .

Diablo difficulty is scalable so it's nota hard choice. How easy it hard you find it depends on what class you play, too. Magic users are tough to start but op later.

@BrainOfGrimlock iirc adventure mode and seasons are all unlocked now. Even hardcore might be.

NEStalgia

BrainOfGrimlock

@NEStalgia Awesome, thank you! The thought of having to trudge through the campaign for a third time alone again was not a pleasant one!

BrainOfGrimlock

Ryzaerian

@Lethal

Not bragging about your Paragon level. Bragging about the fact that you modded your Switch, and posting screenshots of D3 on the Switch prior to the release date.

And Nintendo doesn’t just ban individual consoles - they ban accounts.

I don’t think I’m better than anyone. I think modders are idiots who screw things up for the rest of us, and ruin games with their hacks. That includes you.

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Definitely stick with World if you're already playing it. It's an incredible game and one of my favorites of all time. But it doesn't have much content (I was done before Valentines Day) and as soon as you get to the end game you're probably gonna lose interest because, well, it's pretty lame. That's when you switch over and start playing MHGU. Accounting for my transfered save, I'm at 520 hours, plus 100 from MHXX, which officially tops the 600 I put into MH3U. It's massive. Once you start, clear your schedule. Ya very well might be playing it until the next entry drops

So leave the difficulty be then? Can I change it mid game if I find it too easy?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic