Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,002

zionich

@linq The A and B being backwards doesn't help lol.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

SilverEdge92

How do you access the "Artorias of the Abyss" stuff? I killed the Crystal Golem staring at wall right at the start of The Duke's Archive but it didn't drop the Broken Pendant.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

zionich

@SilverEdge92 Did you kill the Golem in DarkRoot Garden first?

zionich

@SilverEdge92 I noticed it didnt appear for me until after I got the lordvessel

Spoony_Tech

I'm doing damage but not taking any health off the boss I'm on in the Crystal caves. Not sure I want to take the time to figure it out just yet.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

zionich

@Spoony_Tech If it's the second time, look to the back of the cave at something out of place.

Edit: Duh on me. The crystal cave is the second time.

Edited on by zionich

Spoony_Tech

@zionich Yeah, the first time felt impossible.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech Sounds like you might need a small ‘other game refresher/DS break’? It wears us all down at some point, sometimes better to walk away and come back later else it feels like a chore!

When you’re ready to go back and beat on him, @zionich has pointed you in the right direction - just note that if you die you’ll have to ‘redo whatever it is you do’ to make the fight winnable.

As an aside I think from memory his damage is all/mostly magic so change equipment as needed, pretty sure there’s a status attack too - think it’s curse? - so again, be wary!

Sure that given where you are now you’ll trash it when you go back in any case.

NB: Doesn’t really suit your build but the tail makes a great sorcerers weapon - mentioned a few pages back how in the first release it was so difficult to get as the tail hitbox would often clip through the wall... Ah, memories!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Spoony_Tech

@BrainOfGrimlock It is and the first thing I need to do yet again is remove said curse. The game is telling me I can remove said curse from someone in New Londo but I have no clue whom or where.

MERG said:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech New Londo? Hmm... I know of a merchant there, but whether or not he sells what you need i’m not sure?

I know for a fact that Oswald (merchant in the belfry tower where you fought the gargoyles) can help you out (unless they changed it in a patch?), otherwise i thought the female merchant in the ‘burg sewer tunnel sold what you need too? Maybe try there first? Good luck!

EDIT: just googled - Oswald only sells five in total but they’re cheap (3000 souls each), whereas the female merchant sells an infinite supply for 6000). She’s easier to get to, but obviously depends how many souls you have etc!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Rutta

Got past the dragon on the bridge although did not kill it. Now I’m thinking I’m to weak and have poor gear as enemies are tough now.

Im a theif and tempted to start again as a different class

Rutta

Spoony_Tech

@BrainOfGrimlock Thanks for the info, at least now I know where to go and how to get there fast. I didn't really want to spend 6000 again if I didnt have to. Yes again lol.

MERG said:

zionich

@Rutta I have never went the thief route but it like any class can be molded into what you want. There are some great dex weapons.

I am currently a dex build myself and there is an early katana in the game.

Bart_T

@Rutta Don't worry! You're not supposed to kill it. Well... you CAN, but doing so would be a hardcore as heck.

Also, you don't even have to kill it later. Think of the dragon as more of an obstacle than a boss.

Thief is fine! All the classes are fine! Although, if you're just starting out, Warrior or Knight are a bit easier to get to grips with. Classes don't really matter except for starting gear, though.

And yeah, enemies suddenly get a bit harder when you go from the Burg to the Parish. The Undead Parish is where Dark Souls starts proper, most people say. But push on, and you'll be rewarded. Make sure to poke around plenty for new weapons, and look for a helpful NPC outside the church. He'll set you up to get your edge back.

If you're really having trouble, though; go back to that dragon, bring a bow and a ton of arrows (buy them from the merchant in the Burg) and shoot that dragon's tail a few dozen times. That'll help you out for a while.

Bart_T

Spoony_Tech

Quick question, the weird creature by the Firelink Bon fire that took me down to the Lordvessel area, should I be feeding him these coins that seem to be worthless? Like for instance the Sunlight Medals, copper, silver, and gold coins? I really need the souls right now and if they're useless otherwise I would like to get rid of them.

MERG said:

zionich

@Spoony_Tech sunlight medals are for the faith covenant. I don't know if the other coins have a purpose outside of lore.

Dezzy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@BrainOfGrimlock It is and the first thing I need to do yet again is remove said curse. The game is telling me I can remove said curse from someone in New Londo but I have no clue whom or where.

The guy who removes curse is at the end of that area on the roof of a high building.

Alternatively, the merchant in the waterway near undead burg can remove curse.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MERG

I've made it to the Depths. An already difficult game just got harder.I was doing okay until I got cursed. I was sent back to Firelink and had to grind for 6000 souls. Soon I'll be back off to the Depths to try to recover the souls I lost there and to find the bonfire down there.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic