Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,002

zionich

@3dg3d3m0n I don't know of any specific pro build but raising int and faith might be too many stats to invest in. Unless you are very good at avoiding damage a 20/20 vitality and endurance is what I would reccomend for any pure caster.

I did see a video of Dexterity raising casting speed by a couple of frames but if that's how you want to build you character I would reccomend a good dex weapon to go with it.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

zionich

@Rutta There is a shortcut just past the first boss back to a previous bonfire I believe.

Rutta

Ok thanks @zionich and will look out for it next time

Rutta

zionich

@Rutta I am sorry. I forget the Asylum Demon is the first boss. Is that the one you ment or the Tartarus Demon?

What type of Fantasy characters do you like to play?

Dezzy

So how many first-time players found this hidden area?

Untitled

@Spoony_Tech

Have you done the Painted World and Oolacile yet?

Good time to do those.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy That doesn't look familiar at all to me. I did do the painted world and finished it. Also beat that hydra boss today when I though I still didn't have a chance. It was pretty easy once I got close enough. Last head I needed a long range weapon though because it wasn't coming close enough for me to hit it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rutta

@zionich I’m on about the Tatarus demon so he must be the 2nd boss?

I know after I beat him there was a NPC character. Knight of the sun or something and also a big dragon with enemies on a bridge. That’s when I turned and ran right back to my old checkpoint.

Rutta

Spoony_Tech

@Rutta If it's the bonfire where when you walk out there's a sniper on the right with an enemy running up the stairs then that's the only one around there. However that one is used twice. Be on the look out for another path where you kick down a ladder to get to it. I missed it a few times.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

zionich

@Rutta There is a stair case that leads to the bonfire on that bridge. Just got to make a run for it after the flame.

Like what Spoony said =)

Edited on by zionich

zionich

@Dezzy Not a first time player but found it for the first time this play through lol.

Edited on by zionich

3dg3d3m0n

Im getting confused, I have been loading up on Faith and Intelligence for my Pyromancer build, and I have just found a site that reckons I should be 50 Vit, 16 Att, 40 End, 16 Str and 40 Dex? I was aiming for a pure pyro build, or as much as I can without allowing for a bit of mele requirements...
It was one of the Wiki Sites, I can't remember which one, but I have it saved on my home PC...

3dg3d3m0n

ViewtifulJohtun

@3dg3d3m0n sorry but pyromancy doesnt scale with faith or intelligence. You just upgrade the flame with a certain NPC who comes to join you at Firelink. Faith is for miracles and intelligence is for sorceries.

ViewtifulJohtun

3dg3d3m0n

Too many guides I saw were stating that 40/40 faith/Int were essential for a pro in later game I'm at 24/25 so not all is lost, will have another look at where I should level up on stats

3dg3d3m0n

Sadist

Meanwhile I have reached Sen’s Fortress. Ruh oh. Nope. Nope.

Have a Pyromancer myself too, but I’ve put some work into buffing his stats in regards to strength. Those nasty Serpent Soldiers have a pretty high tolerance against physical attacks. Shame.

Going to be tough.

Sadist

zionich

@3dg3d3m0n That sounds more like a hex build in Dark Souls 2.

Spoony_Tech

I'm in the crystal caves.

MERG said:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech - sounds like you’re killing it! Have you got any prism stones? Not essential but they can be handy in there!

@Sadist - yeah they can be a pain, their poise is quite high so they can be hard to stagger. Backstabbing works well though Good luck in the playhouse - always fun and games!

@3dg3d3m0n (obviously) I don’t doubt what you read, just surprised that people/guides pointed you down that road? It’s far from irredeemable anyway as you suggest; up to you which way you go (and there are no really bad options) but if you want to keep going pyro then Dexterity plays nicely with it - albeit marginally - increases the cast speed with each point? I’d suggest strength as next alternative, but with points in both Faith and Intelligence though you could conceivably go in any direction? A dex/faith build is awesome, pure Intelligence is good, dex/pyro can be deadly, strength/pyro very solid too - in other words there are lots of viable options so finding one that you like is better than listening to someone saying ‘this is optimum’ etc

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Spoony_Tech

@BrainOfGrimlock I do not as I literally just entered and got attacked and fell to my death lol. Wasn't even sure how to get down from where I was but I'll figure it out.

MERG said:

3dg3d3m0n

@BrainOfGrimlock I worked it out eventually, I'm a muppet, I'd been looking at DS3 advice rather than remastered.
I'm going to start again and go for a dex/Int build as it's costing me 14K per upgrade so realignment will be expensive

3dg3d3m0n

Bart_T

@Spoony_Tech That's right about where I ended up before I bought Moonlighter on a whim this weekend. Got a little tired of DS's grimness and wanted a change of pace.

Good luck in the Crystal Cave! Or as I call it, the 'Cave of AH-F^&K-D@##!T-NOT-AGAIN'. I always get a little over-zealous there, forgetting where the paths are and occasionally running down the side of a crystal you can't really run on.

Edited on by Bart_T

Bart_T

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic