Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,002

Bevinator

My wife just bought me this game as a surprise present. Can’t wait to get into this as I’ve never played it before. Downloading atm. Any advice for a noob? (No spoilers please)

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Spoony_Tech

@Bevinator Yeah as this is my first experience as well. Just a few things I didnt notice while playing for the first time just over a week ago. Souls are all currency in this game, you use them to purchase and level up. When you die you lose those souls till you get back to where you were to retrieve them. I've lost over 80k in souls so far and that could buy me so many levels. When starting out I'd advise you to spend what you have as you could lose it very easy. Also stay below 50% of your max weight limit for good movement. Anything above and you notice how much worse you move. One last thing, pay attention to the environment as I past up ways to go more then once and went ways that were too hard and I wasn't having fun. I walked past a open doorway a number of times.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Bevinator

Thanks for the advice guys. Just making my character now

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

zionich

@Bevinator Going off what Spoony said, I just use my consumable souls to top me off and get a level, if I am close to leveling, instead of using them all at once. This has prevented me from losing alot of Souls at once.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

MisterMan

@Bevinator Good luck! Take it slow and enjoy the game. Your first time playing a Souls game is a wonderful experience. I wouldn’t look anything up unless you’re really stuck and getting frustrated. then maybe ask for a hint here. Don’t worry about missing stuff, it’s gonna happen and you can always look stuff up after you finish the game and do a second more thorough playthrough.

MisterMan

Mgene15

Just finished my first ever dark souls play through. Finished on level 129 beat all bosses. I won’t be doing a NG+ but I had a blast and am looking forward to a possible dark souls 2 port later down the road.

Mgene15

Bart_T

@Bevinator git gud.

Naw, I kid. Dying constantly and losing all your souls and humanity is half the fun! Because every death is a lesson. I didn't die a cheap death getting kicked off a ledge by a skeleton hiding around the corner. I learned that there's stuff that wants to kill me around every corner and I should be in a constant state of alertness and paranoia! Valuable lessons!

If you wanna save yourself a bit of pain, I'd look up (just go to one of the big Dark Souls wiki's) some of the more obscure/wierd mechanics work before progressing too far into the game. Things like how humanity, covenants and certain stats work can be pretty important, but aren't explained very clearly (or at all) in the game itself. You can go through half the game without figuring out how to summon help to take down that nasty boss you can't get past.

Speaking of summoning; there's no shame in getting some help! In fact, I'd say that's the other half of the fun! (we're having fun here... aren't we? Yes. Yes we are.) All the other miserably masochists playing this virtual torture program are all too happy to be briefly relieved from their horrible existance to aid you in the perpetuation of yours. Really! If you're getting your not-so-mortal coil flattened or cleaved in half for the umpteenth time, use some of that humanity to reverse hollowing (which will also do wonders for your complexion!), look about for summon signs on the ground and get yourself some help! It'll only damage your self esteem a little bit and make finally overcoming those nasty bosses slightly less satisfying... but it'll make moving through that first playthrough and moving along to NG+ like the glutton for punishment you are that much quicker!

Praise the sun!

Edited on by Bart_T

Bart_T

NEStalgia

I finally did some grinding and bought both spells from the spell dealer. I now have 60 arrows and a dozen medium arrows! I also got a wooden shield, Estoc and a short sword by pure luck to replace the dagger. Estoc + shield is fun....reminds me of MonHun lances.

NEStalgia

leoes12

@Mgene15 sl 129 on ng is pretty high. i'm on 120 and having no problem with ng+ bosses

leoes12

Dezzy

Anyone got to the Painted World yet?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy Is that the door locked by a bonfire in the Dark root area?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@Spoony_Tech No, that door leads deeper within Darkroot Garden.

@Dezzy Yeah, I finished that on my second playthrough before OnS and found some extra stuff I didn't find on my initial playthrough. Out of curiosity though, is that undead dragon butt supposed to be glitched? I tried attacking it after the undead dragon and it just stood up and does nothing afterwards.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Mgene15

@leoes12

Yea I made sure I was pretty high leveled, grinded a ton. Is new game plus worth playing again?

Mgene15

Varkster

@Mgene15 I'd say the later games balanced out NG+ a little better than Dark Souls did, it's pretty much just the same game with no real additions. If you enjoyed playing NG and you want to try out other weapons or you wanna make sure you explore everything and find every weapon (I'm a completionist so I had to play through all games a few times to get the 100%), then go for it. It really depends on if you want a slightly higher challenge and if you enjoyed the game thus far.

You'd be surprised how much less you're going to die on your consecutive playthroughs as opposed to your first, though. Some people use NG+ just to see how little deaths they can have in the game/how well they mastered killing the bosses.

Varkster

Dezzy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Dezzy Is that the door locked by a bonfire in the Dark root area?

Nope that's miles away. The magic-locked door in the Darkroot Garden just leads to the end of the same area. It's absolutely worth opening because it saves loads of time and leads to some enemies that give thousands of souls per kill (one of the best areas in the game for soul-farming). You buy the key to that from the blacksmith.
Oh and there's a hidden bonfire right next to that door in case you missed it.

The Painted World is an awesome area that's inside Anor Londo. There's a big painting in a church that you get pulled into when you have the necessary item. It transports you to a magic world trapped inside the painting. It's a very cool area that is nearly always near the top of the "best Dark Souls area" lists.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

3dg3d3m0n

OK, I'm stuck, I have more souls than I can mention, but I can't level up? I get the option at bonfires but nothing I do makes any difference. I end up running around to the next bonfire which I light and rinse and repeat. I'm playing pyromancer level 1 still 😕

3dg3d3m0n

Spoony_Tech

@3dg3d3m0n You have to select the stat you want to level by pushing right on the d pad then confirm.

MERG said:

leoes12

@Mgene15 not really I just did to get access to all covenants.

leoes12

zionich

@Spoony_Tech There is a secret bonfire by the locked door as well.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic