Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 621 to 640 of 733

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 ah thanks! Once I got the JP boost on freelance I sort of switched up jobs for my team. I almost always have Gloria as white mage, and Elvis as a black mage. Seth and Adele have been floaters but I've been building them up as monks and vanguards. Maybe I should get Seth and Adele back to being freelancers since I don't have body slam yet?

NintendoByNature

komodo182

@Balta666 body slam is a beast and super useful for a good portion of the game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 cool thanks. I might level up freelance and vanguard a little more before I attempt to battle the boss again

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

It's the level 7 ability for a Vanguard, @NintendoByNature .... So, whoever you're training in that I'd keep doing that job! While I wouldn't say it's very grindy, at least if you do most of the optional bits, it may be worth getting another level or 2 Sounds like you should have most of the good gear otherwise at least

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 again with the great advice! Body slam proved to be a solid technique. Between that and what @BruceCM recommended( sword of stone), I got the job done rather quickly. Of course I did have to grind a little bit and level up freelance and vanguard, but it made it much easier using those abilities.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Glad we could help, @NintendoByNature .... What with being busy over the weekend, I only managed to play the prologue so far

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I really appreciate it. The prologue is long enough that I actually believe you 😅

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, if I hadn't had other stuff to do & Baldur's Gate 3 to finish, I'd have managed Chapter 1 by now, at least, @NintendoByNature ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Great, thanks, @jello64 ..... Finished the replay with the latest patch & will probably wait for a fair amount of more content before playing again

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Just got the bard job, @NintendoByNature .... Got to go into that underground waterway now

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Well, I successfully snagged the defender by avoiding the mini-boss there, @NintendoByNature .... My vanguard already has the ability I recommended for you & my monk is also well levelled, to go with my mages both having both black & white magic, so I'm confident I'll manage

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM don't you have to beat that boss to get defender though? I read up about it but I'm too scared to attempt it lol

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Nah, you can sneak around him, @NintendoByNature .... Save just in case & if you get slaughtered, reload & the monster should have gone for long enough Anyway, I just about managed the boss now so onto the next part

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Which, the Abandoned one, @NintendoByNature ....? Either way, I just got the thief job! Should be able to finish chapter 1 before FFIV PR releases & I obviously have to play that

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I just got the thief job too. So we're at the same spot! I saw that twist coming a mile away!

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic