Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 641 to 660 of 733

BruceCM

Yeah, I don't think it was supposed to be a shock, @NintendoByNature .... Just tidying up side stuff now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM well I felt smart for nothing then! Lol. Side note, for taming, I've caught two monsters, what do I do with them?
@X-Slayer good stuff I'll have to use it then.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yeah, the next beastmaster ability is 'off the leash', @NintendoByNature .... So it won't be long before you can start using your monsters! I finished Chapter 1 just in time to start FFIV PR, then I'll have to play Life is Strange: True Colors followed by Tales of Arise, so you might have finished this by the time I can resume it

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

Really struggling with the boss helio/Gladys. I'll be going on my fourth Try at this point and as I'm sure you can imagine, each one takes a good while so it kind of burns me out. I've done my best to put Gladys to sleep but it barely works. 1 out of every 15 times I'd say it works. Any pointers on why that would be. Secondly, Any tips on this battle? I'd love to move past it. Thank you in advance.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Hmm, that seems a bit weird, @NintendoByNature ..... It shouldn't be too difficult to do put him to sleep! What levels are your team & what jobs/ sub-jobs? Did you do the various side-quests earlier?
It seems you have checked a guide already, so I'm not sure what's going wrong particularly yet

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea, for some reason it barely, if ever works. Same goes for poison. Both are super useful yet I can never seem to utilize them.

I'm using the following..
Gloria- white mage and freelance
Elvis-bard and red mage
Adele, monk and dragoon
Seth- monk and freelance

I have every job mastered thus far by at least one member just in case I need it.

Edit: I can't remember my levels exactly but I know we're high 30s at this point

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Had someone mastered vanguard, @NintendoByNature ....? That should be a pretty good team, although it may depend on Elvis's job level in Bard! Whomever is failing to put Gladys to sleep might need either another level or 2 in their job? Anyone doing well in Shieldmaster, then, as that might help, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea so vanguard is mastered by Seth and maybe Adele as well? I can't recall. I think Elvis has 2 more levels to master bard at this point, and I know Adele mastered shieldmaster. I'll try again tonight and see how I do.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Cool, so Adele maybe shieldmaster/ vanguard, @NintendoByNature .... Elvis should be good levels there, then, it's probably just a little tweaking needed! Not sure I really have much better advice, so maybe others remember that battle & have some ideas, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM thanks again. I'll see what I can do tonight. Just that sleeping thing really bothers me. Not sure why I have to inflict it so many times with a low success rate.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, it's one approach, @NintendoByNature ..... I didn't do it that way myself, as I hadn't started Elvis on Bard in my 1st play-through & juggled around what jobs I did have with some levels in! It was tough that way but it's definitely possible as an option! Just make sure to dispose of Helio ASAP & never default

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM got it. I've been shy about going right after helio until Gladys is sleeping bc of that guard she puts up for him(everytime you strike him she hits you).

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@X-Slayer all good stuff. Thank you for the help. I'll try some other status effects.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm sure the sleep idea is a good one, @NintendoByNature .... Just that it's definitely doable without that, if it's proving too much hassle Debuffing her attacks definitely helps, I was doing plenty of that with my party, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

FX102A

Currently my JRPG of choice this; on Chapter 4 I believe and just finished the “story” in the snowy city which really upped the drama a fair bit.

Like the last two games, I’m constantly switching jobs with the aim of bringing all up to level 12. If all the jobs are meant to take up 2 bookmarks columns then I am approx 3/4 of the way there.

FX102A

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM well I was able to progress last night with no help to sleep or poison. Mostly just went hard on helio then slowly chipped away at Gladys. I did 20+ attempts at sleep and none of them worked. I gave up honestly. Love that game mostly, but not that little frustrating stuff

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yeah, I think I'll probably try to do it as much like the same as possible when I get there again, then, @NintendoByNature ..... Generally, in this game, buffs & debuffs work pretty well but glad you're past that battle, anyway Keep us posted!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic