Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 641 to 660 of 760

BruceCM

Great, thanks, @jello64 ..... Finished the replay with the latest patch & will probably wait for a fair amount of more content before playing again

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Just got the bard job, @NintendoByNature .... Got to go into that underground waterway now

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Well, I successfully snagged the defender by avoiding the mini-boss there, @NintendoByNature .... My vanguard already has the ability I recommended for you & my monk is also well levelled, to go with my mages both having both black & white magic, so I'm confident I'll manage

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM don't you have to beat that boss to get defender though? I read up about it but I'm too scared to attempt it lol

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Nah, you can sneak around him, @NintendoByNature .... Save just in case & if you get slaughtered, reload & the monster should have gone for long enough Anyway, I just about managed the boss now so onto the next part

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Which, the Abandoned one, @NintendoByNature ....? Either way, I just got the thief job! Should be able to finish chapter 1 before FFIV PR releases & I obviously have to play that

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I just got the thief job too. So we're at the same spot! I saw that twist coming a mile away!

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yeah, I don't think it was supposed to be a shock, @NintendoByNature .... Just tidying up side stuff now

SW-4357-9287-0699

X-Slayer

A little tip to those who want to get everything. The plot twist person has an item that can only be get with the thief job. I don’t know which item is as I defeated it thinking it didn’t had anything.

The World of ZDR, is changing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Pokémon Y (rarely)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (rarely)

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM well I felt smart for nothing then! Lol. Side note, for taming, I've caught two monsters, what do I do with them?
@X-Slayer good stuff I'll have to use it then.

NintendoByNature

X-Slayer

@NintendoByNature Hope it’s something useful. Hope you don’t mind answering the monster taming. You can use them in battle once you unlock the ability to unleash them.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Pokémon Y (rarely)

BruceCM

Yeah, the next beastmaster ability is 'off the leash', @NintendoByNature .... So it won't be long before you can start using your monsters! I finished Chapter 1 just in time to start FFIV PR, then I'll have to play Life is Strange: True Colors followed by Tales of Arise, so you might have finished this by the time I can resume it

SW-4357-9287-0699

X-Slayer

@NintendoByNature Your welcome! What BruceCM said, the next job ability is the one that unleashes the beasts. Keep in mind it won’t work on humans, including non-boss humans. But it does work on human beasts, some of which, have useful attacks.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Pokémon Y (rarely)

NintendoByNature

Really struggling with the boss helio/Gladys. I'll be going on my fourth Try at this point and as I'm sure you can imagine, each one takes a good while so it kind of burns me out. I've done my best to put Gladys to sleep but it barely works. 1 out of every 15 times I'd say it works. Any pointers on why that would be. Secondly, Any tips on this battle? I'd love to move past it. Thank you in advance.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Hmm, that seems a bit weird, @NintendoByNature ..... It shouldn't be too difficult to do put him to sleep! What levels are your team & what jobs/ sub-jobs? Did you do the various side-quests earlier?
It seems you have checked a guide already, so I'm not sure what's going wrong particularly yet

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea, for some reason it barely, if ever works. Same goes for poison. Both are super useful yet I can never seem to utilize them.

I'm using the following..
Gloria- white mage and freelance
Elvis-bard and red mage
Adele, monk and dragoon
Seth- monk and freelance

I have every job mastered thus far by at least one member just in case I need it.

Edit: I can't remember my levels exactly but I know we're high 30s at this point

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Had someone mastered vanguard, @NintendoByNature ....? That should be a pretty good team, although it may depend on Elvis's job level in Bard! Whomever is failing to put Gladys to sleep might need either another level or 2 in their job? Anyone doing well in Shieldmaster, then, as that might help, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic