Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 601 to 620 of 733

VoidofLight

@Balta666 Mostly personality. Especially during his character arc, where he really gets good.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM its going great! I'm about 5 hours in and having a good time. Silly me didn't realize you can have a main job and sub job. Do you just get more job points towards the main job then? Or how does it work with having two jobs and what are the downsides, if any to using two jobs?

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature If I remember correctly, you only level up the jobs that are equipped as their main job, but there's no drawbacks to using jobs as their side job, other than picking a bad combo.

NintendoByNature

@VoidofLight ah so the sub jobs pretty much stay stagnant and don't gain levels? Am I understanding that correctly? Thanks

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature I think that's the case. It's been a while since I've played, so I'm unsure.

BruceCM

Not very far then, @NintendoByNature ....? Just where have you got to in the game?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Cool, I'll be playing Steam version as soon as it unlocks, so I might manage to catch you up tonight, @NintendoByNature .... So glad I got a good deal on that so soon!

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM sweet deal! Because I'm not grabbing anything else this month, I'm sort of taking my time with it. Love the story and gameplay so far

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yeah, it's worth doing that for your 1st time, too, @NintendoByNature .... There's plenty os optional quests available, even if most of them aren't particularly worth doing! Do keep us updated on it, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

Run into a bit of a snag. Admittedly, I'm playing on casual mostly so I don't have to grind as much. While I love jrpgs, I tend to struggle with them. I'm not the most advanced gamer in the genre. I got to the underground reservoir in chapter 1 tonight and I've spent a good chunk of it battling the boss( not saying who it is for spoiler sake). For the first time in the game I've actually looked up some tips and it helped a Tiny bit, but not much. Can anyone give me some solid advice for jobs, weapons, abilities to use, all of that? After an hour or so, and 3 game overs, I had to put the game down from rage! Thank you in advance.

@BruceCM yea I've found myself doing tons of side quests. They're relatively simple so they're worthwhile.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Anahil? You want to kill the Undine 1st, since it heals the party, then the gelaflan followed by Peiste & then the actual boss! Vanguards are great, especially if you got Sword of Stone as that hits 2 weaknesses @NintendoByNature .... Also make sure you explored the dungeon thoroughly to get all the good stuff

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea thats the boss. That's the technique I've been using. Except the sword of stone part. I did explore the dungeon fully but did not get the sword of stone. Is it in that dungeon or is it available for purchase? I keep getting to the portion where the sandworm gets used and eventually my party gets wiped. I doubt I'm under leveled as I haven't skipped a fight at all in the game yet. I'll give it another shot later to see how I do.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 I should clarify, I was maybe about half heath on my team when sandworm wiped me. I honestly think I need some better gear but I did clear out the shop in Savalon. I might leave the dungeon, and grind a little more for some money, get some better swords(if there are any for purchase), and try again. I think it was you who informed me of using freelance until you unlock JP boost, so I did that and its been helping, thanks!

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature well a techinique I used most of the game but that it is not adopted by many is having jobs that suit your team but allways have sub job as freelance and use body slam a lot (I would default with the whole team to max and body slam twice as the moves takes one turn extra away). It is a very powerfull move but it relies on agility a lot so you need to be sure to increase it with gear

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic