Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 261 to 280 of 733

Grumblevolcano

@shining_nexus Oh, that explains a lot. I recognized Cait Sith from Smash (part of the FFVII spirits collection) and I wondered why it was in Bravely Default II.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

Even though it's officially not a Final Fantasy spin-off, the fact that it's so similar is the main reason why I count it as one anyways.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TheWingedAvenger

@Magician
You say you're puzzled at the name "Bravely Default II" for what is actually the third game. Well, so am I. And there's a parallel: Xenoblade Chronicles II is also the third game. After looking at a lot of gameplay footage of both games, I can say without fear of contradiction that both Bravely Default II and Xenoblade Chronicles II are mediocre titles that can be skipped. Maybe it's a curse: if you give a game the wrong number, it'll end up sucking.

TheWingedAvenger

Arcansel

TheWingedAvenger wrote:

@Magician
You say you're puzzled at the name "Bravely Default II" for what is actually the third game. Well, so am I. And there's a parallel: Xenoblade Chronicles II is also the third game. After looking at a lot of gameplay footage of both games, I can say without fear of contradiction that both Bravely Default II and Xenoblade Chronicles II are mediocre titles that can be skipped. Maybe it's a curse: if you give a game the wrong number, it'll end up sucking.

Xenoblades chronicles 2 is a good game especially the story but you will only understand it after you play the full game, bravely default ll so far is not giving me the same magical feeling as the first titles though, here s hoping that the story at least makes up for it.

Edited on by Arcansel

Arcansel

My Nintendo: Arcansel | Nintendo Network ID: Arcansel | Twitter:

Magician

@TheWingedAvenger

TheWingedAvenger wrote:

I never said the title of the game was confusing. I was well aware of the fact that Bravely Default II is the third game in the series. I thought I made that clear in post #5 of this thread? Either way, your dislike for XC2 is...unfortunate, it's one of my favorite Switch games.

@Ralizah

Yeah, I was triggered so badly by TheWingedAvenger's statement that I added them to my ignore list on general principal. But then I came to my senses. Everyone gets a chance. You're on thin ice, TWA! LOL...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@Magician I should thank @TheWingedAvenger . Their contention that XC2 is "a mediocre title that can be skipped" tells me that our tastes are utterly out of balance with one-another's, and that I'm likely to enjoy Bravely Default II as a result.

Well, I've heard praise for it from others I trust here as well, so that helps, too. Too bad I'm so bogged down in games that I have no time for it atm.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

@TheWingedAvenger i dunno man.. I disliked Xenoblade 2, but I really like Bravely Default II. Also, Xenoblade 2 isn’t the third xeno game. It’s the second one. X isn’t canon, and is more of a spin-off than anything else.

urrutiap

Been playing Bravely Default II and its been pretty good. Just got up to Chapter 2 in the game. Is the Gambler job worth doing its sidequest in Savalant or skip the whole Gambler job? Right now Im level grinding the thief job for Seth along with Beserker for Adelle and little bit of Beastmaster for Gloria.

urrutiap

Magician

A little over ten hours deep now, on the verge of closing out chapter one. Even on the filthy casual difficulty setting boss fights have come down to the wire. And the music has been varied as well as stellar. Having a great time so far, even though it feels like an up-rezzed 3DS game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Magician It's actually insane that even in the casual difficulty, they still push you to your limits.

TheWingedAvenger

I haven't played through Bravely Default II or Xenoblade II, so my theory that they both suck may be completely wrong and I may one day end up really liking them. But from what I've seen, BD2 looks like a linear game, and while I like the combat system of the series, a lack of exploration in a turn-based RPG makes for a lackluster adventure. Another thing I'm not a fan of is that the characters in the BD series have no feet. I just looks stupid, and would be unimportant if it wasn't on screen at all times. Xenoblade II has been exposed on Youtube as having a ridiculous combat system which requires nothing from the player. I want to play the game, so when the game plays itself, I tune out. It's a shame because Xenoblade I was an engaging game.

TheWingedAvenger

urrutiap

Thats your problem right there. You rely too much on frikkin youtubers for you o decide on a videogame.

the new Bravely Default II is really good and ive been level grinding like crazy and havinng fun both level grinding and job grinding. Xenoblade 2 gets picked on by haters because of certain things
but who cares. Its just a videogame.

TheWingedAvenger wrote:

I haven't played through Bravely Default II or Xenoblade II, so my theory that they both suck may be completely wrong and I may one day end up really liking them. But from what I've seen, BD2 looks like a linear game, and while I like the combat system of the series, a lack of exploration in a turn-based RPG makes for a lackluster adventure. Another thing I'm not a fan of is that the characters in the BD series have no feet. I just looks stupid, and would be unimportant if it wasn't on screen at all times. Xenoblade II has been exposed on Youtube as having a ridiculous combat system which requires nothing from the player. I want to play the game, so when the game plays itself, I tune out. It's a shame because Xenoblade I was an engaging game.

urrutiap

VoidofLight

@TheWingedAvenger Xenoblade 2's combat system is as involved, if not a bit more involved than the first one. I personally don't like 2's combat, but it's not just sitting and waiting around for things to happen. Also, Bravely Default II isn't really that linear, as the overworld has many secret areas, and the dungeons have many branching paths. There are even optional bosses and jobs scattered around the world as well.

shining_nexus

TheWingedAvenger wrote:

Xenoblade II has been exposed on Youtube as having a ridiculous combat system which requires nothing from the player. I want to play the game, so when the game plays itself, I tune out. It's a shame because Xenoblade I was an engaging game.

Yeah, anyone who has ever completed the game would not make that statement.

shining_nexus

Ralizah

@TheWingedAvenger Xenoblade 2's combat is excellent. It takes a bit to open up, and the game doesn't explain itself well, but it's far more involved and rewarding than the combat in XC1.

Also, the game, in no way, shape, or form, plays itself. If anything, it's far more hands-on than its predecessor, with all the elemental combo'ing, timed button presses, blade juggling, etc.

As for BD2, I haven't played it, but if it's anything like the original, then it's wide linear in the same way that the majority of older JRPGs were, which is what this series is hearkening back to.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Yeah, BD II is 'linear' like most older jrpgs but it's definitely got plenty of exploring available & optional quests, etc ... Obviously, if that's such a big turn off for someone, maybe they should swap to western rpgs?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Arcansel

TheWingedAvenger wrote:

for people who like high action combat games i understand that XC can be seen as poor in that matter but is just a diferent combat system that in my opinion was made so that you can enjoy the game more by it s whole rather than just the combat, normaly in high action combat games you cant do that because you are too focused on the battle, this one feels more immersive as it has rather beautifull graphics and story. Bravely Default ll is being a good game but i have yet to feel that strong passion as before, it feels like it s on the verge but not yet there, i hope it s me being tired from recording and uploading to youtube a lot xD.

Arcansel

My Nintendo: Arcansel | Nintendo Network ID: Arcansel | Twitter:

VoidofLight

I’m at the final boss of the first chapter. I wasn’t actually expecting this to.. actually happen honestly. If you’re at that point or past it, you probably know what I mean.

BruceCM

Well, you get a great job from that boss, @VoidofLight .... There's quite a few more twists to come, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic