Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 241 to 260 of 733

shining_nexus

VoidofLight wrote:

Eh. I'm pretty used to long fights that make you think. Octopath was the first game that got me into stuff like that, with Persona being second. These fights really take about 30 minutes to do, at least from experience, and they're pretty engaging. I love how they actually make you think things out before actually committing to them.

Agreed. I actually like long boss fights because it’s like playing a game is chess or figuring out a complicated puzzle. Besides, most of the fights are such a grind fest that the boss battles are like a fresh of breath air. Gotta say though that the fast forward option and ditching random battles kinda makes the grinding a non issue for me.

shining_nexus

shining_nexus

I’m at Chapter 1 and I’m really enjoying the game. Is the weight system new to the series? I don’t remember it being in the first game. I kinda do like it though because it really gives some thought on how to gear your characters and which jobs to use. Simply equipping the newest and baddest gear is no longer a thing and I like it. Also, holding on to old gear is now helpful.

Edited on by shining_nexus

shining_nexus

Diddy64

I have enjoyed it so far 😊 Just recently reached Chapter 1. I really like how each new region has its own remix of the overworld music.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Diddy64

@shining_nexus Yes, the weight system got introduced in this new entry. It can be expanded by leveling up and/or using jobs with more weight capacity.

Undergoing games:

VoidofLight

Some of these bosses are pretty tough. I'm 11 hours in, and still on the first chapter of the game.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

Well, then, I have to warn you they get more difficult in Chapter 2, @VoidofLight ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

@BruceCM oh wow. I heard that they balance out more when you get more jobs and ways to keep the party alive.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

Well, that kind of depends which jobs you go for & lots of other factors, @VoidofLight .... It seems to be 'balanced' around the idea you'll do the vast majority of 'side'-quests, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699

shining_nexus

Just beat the Frog boss. It wasn’t too difficult, but I did have to think about my strategy because of its large health pool and counter attacks. Don’t want to spoil the strats for this one, but basically I went into this one unprepared and barely managed to hop away victorious (yes, that was a frog pun).

shining_nexus

Arcansel

shining_nexus wrote:

Just beat the Frog boss. It wasn’t too difficult, but I did have to think about my strategy because of its large health pool and counter attacks. Don’t want to spoil the strats for this one, but basically I went into this one unprepared and barely managed to hop away victorious (yes, that was a frog pun).

In my case i went staright ahead in story not realizing i was missing the area with the frog, i only noticed when i was through with the next city bosses and revisit Halcyon to check for new quests so for me was easy cuz i was op to the mobs there lol.

Arcansel

My Nintendo: Arcansel | Nintendo Network ID: Arcansel | Twitter:

shining_nexus

@Arcansel yeah this one was easily missable if you didn’t have a reason to visit the king. I just wanted to see how the old chap was doing and to my surprise, he had a kinda meaty side quest. It pays to be nice!

shining_nexus

Arcansel

shining_nexus wrote:

@Arcansel yeah this one was easily missable if you didn’t have a reason to visit the king. I just wanted to see how the old chap was doing and to my surprise, he had a kinda meaty side quest. It pays to be nice!

I didnt even notice where the king chamber was lol i just scanned for quests and spotted it otherwise i wouldnt even find the king chamber, i was so focused on my recording, in fact i had left some chests behind to get them later since i m unsure when they will be reachable so i wont wander too much in world map trying to figure it out to be less tedious to the watcher. At the moment i am at the 3rd city recording the 6th part of the video, so i can launch it today, proly launch part 7 today too as i often upload 2 videos in the same day.

Edited on by Arcansel

Arcansel

My Nintendo: Arcansel | Nintendo Network ID: Arcansel | Twitter:

Diddy64

@VoidofLight Another way to earn more exp and job points is to have chained battles using food. Or group 3 fleeing monsters that give decent points. I have noted that monsters at night give more experience.

Undergoing games:

Quarth

The beastmaster job really makes the boss fights easier.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Magician

Fired up my copy for the first time last night. The voice acting being used in key cutscenes helps make this feel like a AAA quality game rather than the high-AA budget this game was probably actually given. Looks good, plays well. Is BD still the best series of Final Fantasy games not named FF?

I look forward to getting through it.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

shining_nexus

Diddy64 wrote:

@VoidofLight Another way to earn more exp and job points is to have chained battles using food. Or group 3 fleeing monsters that give decent points. I have noted that monsters at night give more experience.

I tried this out and it works well. Are the number of chains random? I noticed it’s higher towards the end of the effect. Will have to try this out at night.

I also noticed that the chain battles can also reward you with the same food that you consumed.

shining_nexus

shining_nexus

Magician wrote:

Fired up my copy for the first time last night. The voice acting being used in key cutscenes helps make this feel like a AAA quality game rather than the high-AA budget this game was probably actually given. Looks good, plays well. Is BD still the best series of Final Fantasy games not named FF?

I look forward to getting through it.

To my knowledge, it’s the closest game similar to classic Final Fantasy. It does have it’s own unique brand when it comes art style, music, and the Default combat system, but it also borrows a lot from the FF games like spell names, the job system, and monsters. To answer your question, I think it is.

shining_nexus

BruceCM

While it's versions of the various jobs aren't all very similar to FF, either, @shining_nexus .... Just got Oracle myself & that certainly seems like it'll be a LOT better here than it used to be in FF But then I'm sure there's quite a few people that used to work on FF games doing this one!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic