Forums

Topic: Batman Arkham Trilogy

Posts 101 to 120 of 145

WoomyNNYes

@CaptainKristoff For all games, if you get physical, the game is only playable while the cartridge is inserted. If you buy the Batman trilogy physical, you will need the cartridge inserted to play all three games.

However, if you bought physical, and the game gets a massive discount on eshop later on, you can buy it on eshop, and you won't need the cartridge inserted anymore. Switching between physical & digital won't affect your game save data/game progress.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Did I imagine seeing the Batman games would be sold individually for $19.99 USD each in North America? Is there any official word regarding when the Batman Arkham games will be sold individually on eshop?

(forgive me if it's been posted in a recent page)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

@WoomyNNYes It looks like the only reason the games were separate on the eshop was because the 3 games are separate icons when you buy the trilogy, not that the games were going to be purchasable separately.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, I understand that structuring on eshop. I just really thought I saw an article this fall saying they'd be sold individually. Maybe it was just youtuber or forum speculation.(or I'm conflating Metal Gear Solid Collection)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

Seems like I'll be waiting for a significant discount before buying since these can't be purchased separately. I have no interest in Arkham Knight but would love to grab the other two.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

@Tyranexx Ohhh, it's published by WB Games, and they give 70-80% discounts to Lego games. Hogwarts Legacy is also one of their games, and that's already 30% off, less than a month old. Bring on that Batman Trilogy discount! .........I can wait.😉😉😉😁

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@WoomyNNYes Heh, that's what I'm banking on! Discounts that start soon and keep dropping over time.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

roy130390

@Link-Hero Most people usually tend to parrot whatever they hear. I remember that they also did it with Red Dead Redemption and that game runs perfectly on Switch. In fact, it looks slightly better. I'm no Rockstar fan, but the thing is that the game is quite popular and expected and they can ask whatever they want for it. Being an old game doesn't mean that they have to cut the price. That's a choice that they can make if they consider that it's necessary for them to compete with other releases, not as a mandatory thing to do. As for online, servers cost way more than people think and it was a half assed mode compared to the main game and they were transparent about it. Rockstar has shown to be quite greedy, but it's not because of this port.

Just to clarify, people can also choose to wait for discounts or not buy the game at all and I understand if they disagree with the price, but I don't see the point in attacking it and even lying about the performance. Which then it's repeated by others that have no idea of what they are talking about.

Arkham Knight does seem to have a lot of issues and I understand if people want to skip the trilogy until a discount arrives or a patch happens as I will do too, but they do tend to cling too much on hate and hold an unfair standard because there's a few miraculous ports on Switch. There should be a middle point, but instead it's expected of devs to figure how the hell are their games going to run in such a weak console with people mentioning Witcher 3 and Doom Eternal without actually having any kind of knowledge about how games and consoles work. I'm no expert on that either, but at least I know that it's not as easy as to compare them in such a simple way. For example, I don't think that anything of Witcher 3 moves as fast as the Batmobile, which would make rendering the city fast enough a considerable problem that isn't present on Witcher. Not to mention that some of those games started as rough as this one like No man's Sky, or even worse, like Ark Evolved.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't complain and criticize, of course they should. I just whish that many of them would put a little more though behind what they are going to say before they do. I see them saying stuff like "It's a _____ year old game" and acting proudly as if they jusf made the best argument in the world. So what? the Switch is like 6 years old and it was already underpowered compared to other consoles when it arrived. I love mine, but let's be objective.

Also, Arkham Knight is a fantastic game. I'm just glad that there's the possibility to play on Switch. I was expecting these games (to be fair I just expected the first 2 and maybe Origins) before I even owned a Switch.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Tyranexx

To clarify: I don't think Arkham Knight on the Switch is worth my time due to all its technical issues; anyone who thought it would run seamlessly needs to go back and look at the original game's launch on platforms at the time.

I'd like to play Knight eventually too. But I'd rather wait until I have a decent PC. It seems a waste to buy a game on a platform where I'll never play it. Hence why I wish I could buy the games separately. I'll be waiting awhile whether or not there's a discount since I have plenty of games on my plate already. I very rarely buy games day one.

XandertheWise

Ill pass on the Nintendo Switch port of the Batman Arkham games since I still have the Arkham games for my Playstation 3 along with Arkham Knight for my Playstation 4 and X Box One where i have that game digitally.

so I can play them anytime i want to whenever

XandertheWise

Ryu_Niiyama

Just waiting on patches and a steep discount. Only reason for me to buy these are to tell WB I want more 3rd party games.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Mr_Toad

Hi, I'm a new user.
I'm using Google Translate to write and I wanted to let you know about a bug that I've been encountering since yesterday afternoon.
I start the Arkham Knight game and consequently I see in succession all the screens of the developer logos, WB, DC and so on... once these screens are finished, the game remains in a black screen and does not load the "warnings" screen which in turn should take you to the save slots screen. It just gets stuck.
I have closed and started the game several times but the result does not change.
I also thought that perhaps the problem was due to the download, so I decided to delete the game and download it again, but the result did not change.
At that point I tried to delete the game file, losing all the progress I had made in 65 hours of play and after that it worked... it loaded the menu screen where you can start a new slot. At that point I closed the game, I had to attend to other matters at the moment. Later I come back to start a new game and I find myself back to square one. Disheartening...
I go back to the console to delete the new game saves to be able to generate new ones, then I start the game again, it works and I start the game, but I stopped immediately because this bug could always appear, so I wonder, how Can I play safely if every time I start the game I risk not being able to start the game?
Has this happened to you too?
The game constantly crashes... it happened to me at least 3 times a day. I have over 110 games on Switch and this is the only one that crashes this much.

Mr_Toad

NintendoByNature

Surprised we haven't seen a price cut as of yet. I doubt it sold well. Could be wrong though.

NintendoByNature

Truegamer79

Just picked up the collection and i gotta say i don't see how Arkham knight is supposedly unplayable. Looks fine to me. Sure it's a little less polished looking than the PS4 version but the framerate is certainly not making it unplayable. It really only struggles while in the batmobile. I'm sure a patch or two could iron that out.

Do i detect a hint of whiney gamer syndrome? Once enough people hop on the trash the game bandwagon it spreads like an infectious disease i guess.

Are these the same people who dumped all over Arkham origins just because it wasn't made by rocksteady despite it actually being a pretty decent game?

Truegamer79

Truegamer79

@Link-Hero
Arkham knight runs fine if you ask me. I'm no expert on framerate or technical specs but i do own the PS4 version and I'm still not seeing any reason why it's so called unplayable on switch. I knew it wouldn't look as good but so what? I'm not an elitists gamer that has to have my games with eyball popping graphics and perfect lightning fast FPS.

In my day we didn't even talk about FPS. We just played games because they looked fun or had cool characters.
Now excuse me while i go play Batman on Nes. At least nobody whined about the framerate on that one.

Truegamer79

Mr_Toad

I'm highlighting it again to make sure it gets noticed. Stay alert:

Hi, I'm a new user.
I'm using Google Translate to write and I wanted to let you know about a bug that I've been encountering since yesterday afternoon.
I start the Arkham Knight game and consequently I see in succession all the screens of the developer logos, WB, DC and so on... once these screens are finished, the game remains in a black screen and does not load the "warnings" screen which in turn should take you to the save slots screen. It just gets stuck.
I have closed and started the game several times but the result does not change.
I also thought that perhaps the problem was due to the download, so I decided to delete the game and download it again, but the result did not change.
At that point I tried to delete the game file, losing all the progress I had made in 65 hours of play and after that it worked... it loaded the menu screen where you can start a new slot. At that point I closed the game, I had to attend to other matters at the moment. Later I come back to start a new game and I find myself back to square one. Disheartening...
I go back to the console to delete the new game saves to be able to generate new ones, then I start the game again, it works and I start the game, but I stopped immediately because this bug could always appear, so I wonder, how Can I play safely if every time I start the game I risk not being able to start the game?
Has this happened to you too?
The game constantly crashes... it happened to me at least 3 times a day. I have over 110 games on Switch and this is the only one that crashes this much.

And I would add that:
In the last two days I have tried to start a new game, deleting the first original data from the console and at the moment the game is working... finally I can play it again. The game had fewer crashes than the first slot I started, but it still happens anyway. Let's see at the next start if everything will be fine.

Mr_Toad

Tyranexx

@WoomyNNYes Thanks for the tag. I'll definitely consider it, but I'll see what shows up over tne next two weeks first.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic