Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 9,581 to 9,600 of 10,553

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 Did he really??? Lucky you! I got the hula doll from him. Thanks for the anniversary gift, as well!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Mountain_Man

I've only gotten one golden tool recipe so far from a golden balloon. Coincidentally, it was the recipe for a golden slingshot!

The Mountain Man

MarioVillager92

@Mountain_Man I got the golden slingshot DIY in that very same way! It was the only golden balloon that I found in the game. The other gold tool that I can make is the golden watering can.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Kimyonaakuma

Anyone wanting some of the Sanrio furniture from the latest update? I still have the amiibo from New Leaf, so I don't mind ordering some for people.

Might as well save the money But the sets are huge...be prepared to wait a few days!

Kimyonaakuma

BrittGOAL14

@MarioLover92 Was beginning to think I’d never get it. Seemed like I had helped him WAY more than 30 times.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

Anyone wanting some of the Sanrio furniture from the latest update? I still have the amiibo from New Leaf, so I don't mind ordering some for people.

Might as well save the money But the sets are huge...be prepared to wait a few days!

Aaaah...!!!
I want some Sanrio stuffs. 😀

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 Ah I see, it's cool you got it though! Congrats on getting it. I looked up the golden shovel and it did say that you need to help Gulliver 30 times to get its DIY. I thought it was just luck or something, lol. I'll have to see how many more times I gotta help that clumsy seagull...the guy's always breaking his phone.

@Kimyonaakuma My mom would like the Sanrio items! Not sure if we've played together yet though.

Anti-Matter

@BrittGOAL14
You can meet Gulliver again quickly by doing Time Travel.
After on the next day you get reward from Gulliver, go back to previous day and find him again on the beach but on different spot.
Repeat and rinse until you got ALL World theme stuffs.
I got ALL Gulliver stuffs by doing Time Travel.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Mountain_Man

Nah, time traveling honestly sounds like a chore with all the time spent fiddling with system settings and staring at loading screens. It would ruin the experience for me. I'd rather just play the game.

The Mountain Man

VoidofLight

@Mountain_Man Honestly agreed. I don't really get why people time travel.. since the game was built to be real time, and previous games spread their content out accordingly. To me, it seems like if you time travel, you sort of ruined the game for yourself in a way.

Not saying people can't time travel, since they can do whatever they want with their copy, but personally I just see it as ruining the experience for yourself.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
I don't even think Time Travel will ruining gaming experience.
I mean, why should i wait for exactly 24 hours to get the progress if i can do it in 1 minute by Time Travel ?
I don't play slow, i don't play with gimmick like that, i play quickly like Harvest Moon style.
There are a lot of reason i keep doing Time travel.

1. I will not fooling myself to follow exactly 24 hours to get the progress. I am human that still have something important than playing video games so by following that gimmick, it will take my precious time to do something important. Can you imagine if i have to rush to play Animal Crossing in hurry before the shops get closed on certain time ?
For me that was stupid.
If i can take control the time, i can play the game whenever i want without being under pressure of time limit.
Using real time was like 2 edged blade, 1 side it was fun in being real time but the other side it was a stupid gimmick that taking the precious time.
I don't need to listen other's people opinion about being time traveller was a cheater or whatever. I play the game for myself so whatever play style i choose because i want to play with the right setting without sacrificing my entire life to follow the stupid gimmicks. The gimmicks shouldn't take control my life, i take control the games i played.

2. By time travel, i can exploit items faster so i will not get frustrated by very infrequent visit of special villagers if i following the time gimmick. I don't have time to waste the opportunity, just exploit them while it can rather waiting for 1 month and got nothing.
Beside, sometimes i got a lot of leftovers by doing time travel so i will kindly offer some giveaways for peoples who are looking for hard 2 get items. I will give them for free.

3. I want to get specific villagers or get rid the unwanted villagers quickly and easily by time travelling. I'm very picky with the villagers i want to keep forever so i will do anything by time travel to get the specific villagers i want.

4. By doing time travel, i can return on previous days for missing festivals or keep preserving the days into same date all over again.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight @Mountain_Man I agree with that feeling, the game's meant to be taken slowly. Time travel ruins the game's design.

I don't remember which game it was, (but I have a sneaking suspicion it's a Hideo Kojima game, it's frickin' weird) if you get to a specific boss fight, and then leave your console in sleep mode while the game's running for a week, the boss will grow old and die. I can't for the love of God remember. Google searches yield nothing.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter From what I gather.. it really seems like you don't like Animal Crossing. At least, you don't like the game for the stuff that makes the game what it is. You want a game like Harvest Moon but with the mechanics of the sims and Dragon Quest Builders. Animal Crossing is supposed to be a game that's slow, and functions in real time. It's not meant to be a game that you binge 24/7, or waste hours playing. The game is mainly meant to be played in 30 minute intervals each day, or every few days. It's supposed to be a type of game that you don't play constantly, but go back to when you don't have anything else you want to play.

Time Traveling itself is by definition an exploit. Sure, you won't get punished for doing it, but it's not a gameplay feature that's advertised, and it's definitely not the intended way that the game itself is meant to be played. You aren't meant to grind through the game, or eject villagers that you don't like instantly after getting them, or else the game would have that built into it as a feature, instead of forcing you to change the entire system clock to do it.

Not to mention the fact that you hate the social sim aspects of the game itself, which are also the main drawing points to the series. It's always supposed to be a social/life sim first, decorating game last. If you want to decorate, I know a game in the series you might like, that came out for the 3DS and lacks the social sim aspect to it, as well as lacks the real time aspect, which seems to fit more with what you'd want from the series. Happy Home Designer.

I'm usually not judgmental when it comes to time traveling, but in your case, it really just seems like you don't like the series as it currently is, and so you want it to change into something it's not, or was never supposed to be in the first place.

VoidofLight

@TheJGG That honestly sounds really weird, but interesting at the same time. I'd love to see it if you can find it.

jedgamesguy

VoidofLight wrote:

Animal Crossing is supposed to be a game that's slow, and functions in real time. It's not meant to be a game that you binge 24/7, or waste hours playing. The game is mainly meant to be played in 30 minute intervals each day, or every few days. It's supposed to be a type of game that you don't play constantly, but go back to when you don't have anything else you want to play.

@VoidofLight You have just killed it. You've not only perfectly described my own play style with this game but have described how it's meant to be played. I've played games for hours on end but it's simply not possible with Animal Crossing and that keeps it fresh. Usually I'd get burnt out from a game after a few weeks, but there was no binge phase to begin with.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
I do like Animal Crossing New Horizons but not for play them in slow pace.
I have collected more than 600 hours gameplay of ACNH.
I played ACNH for 5 - 10 hours in total for the first time, when i built my island.
Even i spent more than 7 hours in front of my laptop to design my whole island planning so i can beautify my island based on the map i made. And when i did terraforming, i shaped my island based on my plan.
I kept time travelling and working so hard so i can unlock the progress quickly and when my island already well built and i got villagers i want, i played ACNH between 30 minutes - 1 hour a day, just relax after working hard from the beginning.

I don't like Happy Home Designer also for only emphashizing on decorating house but i still have the game to unlock Lottie for ACNL.

When i said i don't like the yada yada yada conversations from Animal Crossing, that means i don't like very long wall of texts. It was annoying and i have to skip the dialogues quickly. I want them say it briefly, short but i understand they said. I don't mind if the dialogues were repetitive since other games also have repetitive dialogues and still fun to play.

I treated ACNL and ACNH like The Sims / My Sims / Dragon Quest Builders 2 because the game are more interesting by being played in decorating aspect with some social interaction and other activities to do rather than being played just for looking the 101 dialogues without caring the decorating aspect. I don't play Animal Crossing like a Sim dating games.

Btw, i have collected more than 1500 hours gameplay for ACNL 3DS.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

@Anti-Matter @MarioLover92 Alright I'll order two sets of everything

Might take a while. But I let you guys know when it's ready...I wish I could order more than 5 things per day!

Kimyonaakuma

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
I think i will play ACNH today, tomorrow and Tuesday.
Oh, btw. Have you add my FC ?
What is your character and island name ?
You better visit my island or i visit your island to add in BF.
So i will know if i got Sanrio items from you.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@DarthNocturnal YES that’s it! Thank you very much. God that was a tough few hours. I can’t believe Kojima made such a ridiculous feature.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Mountain_Man

Anti-Matter wrote:

I don't even think Time Travel will ruining gaming experience.

Obvious you don't since you ardently promote and defend the practice, and if it works for you, great. It's just not my thing. As a quick test, I timed how long it takes to start the game "cold" before my character exits his house (not including Isabelle's preamble), and it was around 1:10. Saving and exiting the game is around :20. Let's look at your Gulliver exploit:

Load the game. (1:10)
Find and help Gulliver.
Save and quit. (:20)
Reset the clock for the next day.
Collect your present.
Save and quit. (:20)
Reset the system clock to the previous day.
Find and help Gulliver.

So according to my rough estimate, and I acknowledge that times will vary, that's around 4-minutes worth of loading/saving screens just to do that cycle once. And that's assuming you don't have to skip past Isabelle's morning greeting every time you trick the game into thinking it's a new day. This is also not counting the time it takes to dive into your system menus and reset the clock which probably accounts for another 10 to 15 seconds each time (I assume this is something that can be done fairly quickly with practice).

If this make the game more fun for you, then more power to ya. Me? I enjoy taking it slowly one day at a time.

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic