Forums

Topic: Youtuber hints at big Nintendo news coming

Posts 221 to 240 of 616

cookiex

I can understand when they forgo press conferences at places like E3, but outside of that? Pretty inconsequential if you ask me.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Xenocity

@cookiex:
E3 press conference isn't needed either if done right.

E3 press conferences are normally boring as all get out with stats, other crap that isn't needed.
I prefer a digital event where I get trailer after trailer with info and very little in-between stuff.

Gamers are hyper sensitive if you ask me when it comes to gaming!

Edited on by Xenocity

The NPD Group defines a core gamer... See Nintendo isn't part of the "hardcore"/core gaming group according to NPD data.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/13/34m-hardcore-gamers-play-an-average-of-22-hours-a-week-but-nintendo-isnt-core-enough-to-count/

Nintendo Network ID: Xenocity

IceClimbers

Only time I've heard anything like that was during the meltdown following the Digital Event this year. That really doesn't count because it was all reactionary and people losing their composure.

The only reason the press doesn't like Directs is because they're being cut out - the whole reason Directs were started in the first place.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

6ch6ris6

Xenocity wrote:

E3 press conferences are normally boring

lol wut?
e3 press conference are awesome! i love watching that stuff and hearing the crowd going wild

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Xenocity

@IceClimbers:
The press constantly misreported what Nintendo was doing and saying, which is why Nintendo started the Nintendo Directs to take their news to straight to the consumers.

Last year the press reported that Nintendo pulled out of E3 for various reasons despite Nintendo having one of the biggest booths at the show. After the E3 Direct the press reported Nintendo had "cut gamers out" to target the mass market. This was on top of Nintendo holding the Best Buy Smash events.
It didn't help gamers took to the internet and social media to tell Nintendo how they had been offended and insulted them by "not showing up to E3" with a press conference.
Even NeoGaf and Pacther gave Nintendo a massive backlash.
This year, Nintendo just made the mistake of spreading out their stuff across two events, when it should have been one compact event.
It understandable with what we know now.
Hell it was more than what most companies did at E3, while having again one of the biggest booths at the show.
Activision gets praise even though they just show a reel of new Call of Duty at their booth.

Sony only stole the press, because they gave gamers the announcements they had been begging for, for years. Granted nearly everything Sony showed won't be showing up until 2017 at the earliest.

Anyways I prefer regular Directs compared to one big media blow out at E3.
I like getting information through out the year of stuff coming in the next few months than announcements of products coming in a few years time.

The NPD Group defines a core gamer... See Nintendo isn't part of the "hardcore"/core gaming group according to NPD data.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/13/34m-hardcore-gamers-play-an-average-of-22-hours-a-week-but-nintendo-isnt-core-enough-to-count/

Xenocity

@6ch6ris6:
Yet I am normally bored off my you know what listening to someone over explaining the game, or giving me useless stats.
Most of the people going "wild" are working for the companies who the announcements are about or are paid to "go wild" to make the company who's hosting the conference look good.

Xenocity

@6ch6ris6:
Yeah I remember that.
Do you also remember how boring Nintendo's E3 was that year and how it dragged on and on for over an hour with filler material?
Do you remember how badly the press complained about how Zelda reveal couldn't save Nintendo's E3 2004 conference?

TeeJay

Xenocity wrote:

@6ch6ris6:
Yet I am normally bored off my you know what listening to someone over explaining the game, or giving me useless stats.
Most of the people going "wild" are working for the companies who the announcements are about or are paid to "go wild" to make the company who's hosting the conference look good.

Really? For that to happen Nintendo would have to have planted people in the crowd. Enough people to make up "most" of the audience. This is laughable. I think your cynicism is clouding your judgement of what is and isn't realistic.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Xenocity

@TeeJay:
Companies do, do this for their press conferences.
This includes Apple, Google,. Ford, GM, Samsung, and others.

Nintendo also has their employees who are encouraged to cheer as well when attending company press conferences.

It's not unusual for a company to "pipe" in the audience response for the video stream, just like a laugh track for TV show.
Most attendees rarely get excited enough hoot and whistle at a product announcement.

DefHalan

I do agree Press Conferences are mostly boring. They have a few excitable moments but Directs are normally more entertaining.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Xenocity

@DefHalan:
When Directs are done right they become overwhelming

IceClimbers

@Xenocity: There wasn't a massive backlash at all last year. It was pretty much the general consensus that Nintendo won E3 last year.

Nicolai

Xenocity wrote:

@6ch6ris6:

Even if Nintendo was dumb enough to pay off an entire conference hall of people to show up, they wouldn't have to. Loads of fans are willing to go nuts with their reaction and pay Nintendo for it, regardless of how big the news is. It would be a huge waste of money to pay people for it.

@DarthNocturnal: And less can go wrong during Directs.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

IceClimbers

Nintendo Direct was trending on Twitter despite one not being announced. That's how thirsty Nintendo fans are for one, especially now that we know there's stuff coming soon.

Mister_Wu

IceClimbers wrote:

Nintendo Direct was trending on Twitter despite one not being announced. That's how thirsty Nintendo fans are for one, especially now that we know there's stuff coming soon.

Yes, at this point Rogersbase's reveal, even if it might be nothing special, is already at 11/10 on the hype scale

Mister_Wu

skywake

Here's a thought, Wild Gunman..... they'd be stupid not to release it on the 21st.... because....
Untitled

If they were smart? They'd build a Nintendo Direct around that. Run on the coat-tails of the inevitable hype surrounding the brands associated with that date. Because they are one of the brands associated with "Back to the Future's 2015"

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

IceClimbers

Splatoon Update on 10/21!

Here's the patch notes:
http://splatoon.nintendo.com/assets/media/splatoon-patch-v2-2...

Edit: Actually, that's 10/20 for North America!

Edited on by IceClimbers

Xenocity

@IceClimbers:
That's not entirely true.
A lot of gamers and press argued that it shouldn't count because Nintendo didn't care about gamers or industry enough to hold a press conference at E3.
Hell Neogaf waged the debate long past E3 to people getting banned.
A lot if not most gamers are still upset that Nintendo has "abandoned" E3 and E3 press conferences.

I don't play the Win/Lose part of E3 because I only care if stuff I want is announced.

Twitter isn't really that important compared to Facebook, Alphabet and Alphabet's video service YouTube.
I keep hearing about Twitter being on the path to irrelevancy and lameness.

If you read the Splatoon notes, the patch is nothing but a giant balancing patch that balances weapons and levels.
It also fixes a bunch of bugs.

IceClimbers

@Xenocity: No they don't actually. It's now pretty much accepted that Nintendo does Digital Events rather than the outdated live press conference. People LOVED last year's E3 showing, with tons upon tons of "Wintendo" comments to go around.

Also, did you just say that Twitter is "on the path to irrelevancy"? That's the exact opposite of the truth.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.