Forums

Topic: Big New Final Fantasy Titles Coming In 2018

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

MarcelRguez

@Inertiacreep You quote me again ITT and you're going to the ignore list.

@Dezzy See, while I get your point, there are ways to remake sections like Midgar accurately without making the entire map explorable. The opening area of FFXIII feels massive in size, yet ironically enough one can only traverse a series of corridors on it. And of course, the overworld map doesn't have to preserve the 1:1 scale.

At the end of the day, I'm positive they could remake the whole game and fit it into a single game if they wanted to, and I fear Square's ambition will be the downfall of the whole project.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Dezzy

MarcelRguez wrote:

At the end of the day, I'm positive they could remake the whole game and fit it into a single game if they wanted to, and I fear Square's ambition will be the downfall of the whole project.

Of course they could if they really wanted to. But it wouldn't feel as epic as the original, which would make it a pretty lousy 8th gen remake.

That's basically what they've said. They want it to be as impressive as the original was in 97:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will...

If I recall correctly, it was the most expensive game ever made in 97.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Inertiacreep

@Dezzy ok.. but i highly doubt they are going to be that ambitious to make midgar to scale with the whole city as play area.. there would just be a whole lotta nothing.. could you image how much filler that would need?

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Dezzy wrote:

That's basically what they've said. They want it to be as impressive as the original was in 97:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will...

If I recall correctly, it was the most expensive game ever made in 97.

They make it sound so great (i didn't read the article, just your comment) .. but come on, do you guys really have faith in them at this point?

Inertiacreep

MarcelRguez

@Dezzy The thing is, when I read stuff like this...

Kitase wrote:

From the depths of Midgar to the skies above the Planet. The multi-part format enables us to expand the story and turn it into an epic experience for fans and new gamers alike

...there's a voice in my head that screams "you don't need to do that". I respect their enthusiasm and grantedly, I don't know what they have planned for the game exactly, but this sounds to me like Kitase is talking mainly about presentation, like all the stuff you mentioned in a previous post. And if they really want to make it as impressive as the original was in 97, then the minutiae don't matter. Pre-rendered cinematics aside, FFVII was never a looker.

Maybe it's my lack of faith in Square's big budget projects talking, but if recent history is anything to go by, the longer they drag the development of their games, the worse they turn out to be in the end. Their priorities when it comes to development are all over the place.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Pungu

@Dezzy I'm glad you brought up that interview, it has lots of interesting points. They want to expand on the story huh. I also heard Nomura say he thinks of the remake as being part of a different continuity than the FF7 universe. His response to whether the remake will touch on the FF7 spin-offs.

But what was most interesting in the interview you linked, was where he said each game will offer a unique experience. I could be reading too much into it, but I don't like that particular phrase.

@Inertiacreep Not only that, but in the original title, the beginning Midgard section isn't actually THAT long. Yeah, we are told that Midgard is huge, but story wise, most of it isn't that relevant. Like you said, they need to add a lot of filler content.

Edited on by Pungu

I am Pingu's cousin, Pungu - Noot Noot!

Dezzy

Inertiacreep wrote:

@Dezzy ok.. but i highly doubt they are going to be that ambitious to make midgar to scale with the whole city as play area.. there would just be a whole lotta nothing.. could you image how much filler that would need?

Yeah, it almost definitely won't be fully explorable. There are multiple layers to it of course so it would be that size twice over.
They could just do a kind of pseudo-open city though. A bit like Altissia in FF15. You can't go everywhere but it feels like you can when you're there because it's so open.

Inertiacreep

@NotAceAttorney i know that's what i was thinking.. now watch disc one turn out to be 80 hours of midgar lol.

Inertiacreep

Dpullam

I personally think just releasing the SNES ports of some of the Final Fantasy games would be enough for me. Anything beyond that would make me giddy with joy.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Pigeony

Ports on Switch for all the classics before any new titles please. Especially since they can't even release a full game on launch anymore, yes I'm still bitter from XV.

Pigeony

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Neither are really the same graphical quality FF7 will be. They're both essentially Wii U games that happen to be on the Switch.

Octane

Snaplocket wrote:

It's funny how everyone here is discussing the scale of Final Fantasy VII and yet games like Xenoblade 2 and Breath of the Wild managed to pull off massive and detailed worlds with budgets well below industry standards.

Your point being?

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.