Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,959

Themagusx1

Also how did you guys enjoy DYNAMITE last night. It was a great show and boy that death match was awesome. AEW, shows me vibes of old school NWA.

Themagusx1

bimmy-lee

@Phenom - Haha, this is the only place I’ve ever seen it happen. Online wrestling culture puts gamer culture to shame as far as the gutter is concerned. Feel free to join right in, we’re just bantering about anything and everything.

@Themagusx1 - A couple of great play by play guys there for sure. Tenay seems to get a fair amount of hate, but I absolutely loved his scientific approach to calling a match as if he was calling a MMA match. Really upped the realism for me. Certainly more professional than Vinny Mac’s hilarious calls, “OH MY, what a maneuver!!!” Though Vince is probably stuck in our heads more than The Professor. I always like Mauro Ranallo on NXT as well.

Dude, I love Big Poppa Pump. He got his start in my local territory in the mid 80’s. Scott Rechsteiner was one of the last WWA East champions before the promotion shut down in ‘88. For the Butcher, are you talking Abdullah? As for wrestlers that I don’t like to watch, Finn Balor is maybe my least favorite ever. I cannot stand the Slingblade or his Coup D’etat. Two of the worst looking moves in rasslin in my opinion.

Okay, favorite finishers? Aside from the DDT and piledriver, I always thought the heart punch was so cool. I always thought Bray Wyatt should bring it back. Seems like something he’d do, and I didn’t love Sister Abigail. For a submission, I always thought Benoit’s crossface crippler looked vicious.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Link41x

I can't believe that Chris Jericho went through all that last night. I hope that match with MJF is worth it!

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Themagusx1

@Link41x oh yeah he went brought hell and back. Did you see 5st shot of Jericho as MJF was speaking where he held that broken glass light and you can see the anger in his face as you know he wanted to stab mjf with ir.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@bimmy-lee yep and I remember the Tenay WCW specials where he would focus on Japanese wrestling and Lucia Libre and go through its history. You mentioned your territory a couple of time, what territory east that? I am from Colorado so I am not sure about the territory that Colorado was part of in the 80s.

Just really quick my favorite finisher is probably the Diamon Cutter, I am and was a big mark for DDP and I love that finisher. Who is your most underrated wrestler? I fir me steamboat, just should be up there with flair. I just don’t see many people talking about him.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Phenom oh no we nice fans exist, what are your favorite wrestling promotions? And welcome to the conversation.

Themagusx1

Link41x

Is AEW teasing Tanahashi vs Moxley? I really need to see that in my life All Out would be a safe bet for a match of that calibre.

Themagusx1

@Link41x I would love to see that, and with Tanahashi first targeting Lance Archer for the IWGP US belt, I think Archer would drop the belt, and than Moxely wanting to get the belt back from Tanahashi would be great.

Themagusx1

bimmy-lee

@Themagusx1 - I looked up Colorado, and it seems you didn’t necessarily have a local promoter, but you were right in the middle of AWA, Calgary Stampede, Northwest and WCCW, and of course NWA was national. I’d imagine you had AWA on local as well as NWA. My territory was WWA (the original, not the one that was resurrected in Los Angeles), run by Dick the Bruiser. In my town, it was called Bruiser Bedlam Professional Wrestling. He ran all of Indiana, the lower half of Illinois, and parts of Kentucky. It was based in Indianapolis, I’m up in the NE corner of the state.

Yeah, Ricky was incredible, obviously Savage/Steamboat from WM3 is an all time classic. I think the only thing that held him back a bit was lacking in the charisma and mic skills department. He also took time away from the sport at inopportune times for his career. Great in ring technician though.

Off the top of my head, my underrated guy was Eric Embry. He and Skandor Akbar had the USWA on fire in 1989. I was watching that after school on ESPN back in the day, haha.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Link41x

WWE just fired Bray Wyatt, like seriously dude?!? That guy was one of the shining stars in that company...

SViper

Any news for version WWE 2k22 to come to Nintendo Switch?

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@Link41x I was also pretty shocked when strowman got let go. He was super talented for a big man.

NintendoByNature

Link41x

I know alot of people bemoan AEW for hiring WWE guys, but Bray is one that I pray comes to AEW. I couldn't even imagine what he could do with the leash off of him there

Tasuki

@Link41x Damn would have loved to see him reunite with Bodie Lee. I am surprised that WWE released him, he seemed one of their more popular stars.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@Link41x Was able to catch up on AEW today right now I just finished Fyter Fest. OMG Nick Gage!!!! I can't wait to see him and Jericho face off.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Link41x

@Tasuki Nice! I can't wait for tomorrow night now!

Themagusx1

I have to say that both AEW And NXT are awesome, but I am not feeling that Currenty dating story in Nxt with Gargano and his wife. It feels out of place compared to the Adam Coke story and the Samoa Joe/Carrion Cross feud.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Link41x Seeing Guerrera and Jericho wrestling last week brought back memories. You looking forward to the Wardlow match tonight?

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@bimmy-lee I know it’s been a while but sorry I just saw this. I have to ask, what was your favorite NWA/cwcw ppv? For me it’s Starcade 85, and I think the last great wcw ppv was spring stamepede 99. To me that’s where the nwo came to an end and that four way match was awesome, and I was so happy seeing ddp finally win the title.

Themagusx1

Link41x

@Themagusx1 Yes it was a good match as well. Counting down to Rampage next friday night though!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic