Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,969

Link41x

@Tasuki I only saw Kenny's entrance, I never watched the PPV. I'm very interested nonetheless

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Tasuki

@Link41x I didn't see the PPV either but I did catch glimpses of The Good Brothers shirts as well. Yes I am very interested as well to see where they are going with this.

Add in the fact that Jay Whites contract with NJPW is up here in a few weeks and Marty Scrull has parted ways with RoH makes it even more interesting.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Found out recently that New Japan has a new US television deal with The Roku Channel. So excited now that I will be able to watch NJPW now, which I haven't been able to since Axis TV dropped it.

My Backlog

Link41x

Although we'll be seeing plenty of NJPW guys on Impact and AEW now I hear

Link41x

Congrats to Big Show singing with All Elite Wrestling!

Tasuki

@Link41x Yep I guess it's an agreement between AEW, Impact and NJPW. I heard that Cody reached out to WWE to see if they wanted to be a part of it, but WWE didn't respond.

And it was shocking news to hear the Paul Wight (Big Show) has signed with AEW. Appearently he will be an announcer for their new show premiering on March 1st.

My Backlog

Link41x

I'm so pumped for Revolution on Sunday night!! I can't wait to see every single match.

Tasuki

@Link41x Yep unfortunately I have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to watch it till Monday. Still I am excited for it. I heard that a former WWE superstar is suppose to debut tomorrow, not quite sure if it's Paul Wight trolling or what but still excited to see it.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Been trying to order the Replay all day now but appearently BRLive won't let me due to something wrong with there site. I don't mind paying for it but I guess I will look for other alternatives.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Finally was able to watch the replay of Revolution. Over all I thought it was a decent PPV and delivered very well. The Woman's AEW Championship match was great, The ladder match was great too, the Street fight with Team Tazz and Sting/Darby was amazing and of course the reveal of the mystery signining reeked of awesomeness. The Omega/Moxley Exploding Barbwire Deathwatch was great too, except for the ending. Whoever was in charge of the pyro at the end is probably looking for a new job now. It was so ridiculous. I loved how Eddie Kingston came to the air of Moxley but when that wet fart of a an explosion went off he looked so ridiculous. Are we suppose to believe that Eddie got seriously injured cause of that??? I mean props on Eddie for selling it and it would have been such a great moment if they pyro guys did their job right.

Sadly now in the years to come when people talk about this PPV it won't be for the matches, it will be the explosion botch that everyone will be talking about.

Overall though except for the end an otherwise great PPV.

My Backlog

Link41x

Terrible botch ending ruined what I thought was a great PPV. Shame really as that will be what the PPV will be remembered for. I was also glad to see Christian pop up as well. Really looking forward to the TNT title match tonight between Scorpio and Darby.

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

I usually grab the wwe network on and off throughout the year but usually start around WM. So I was watching fastlane 2021 last night to play catch up and wasn't the ending of the match between big e and Apollo crews so awkward? It looked like AC won but big e did? Wierd times.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - That’s haad timesth, daddy. I will give you european uppercut to mid section now. What a maneuver!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I’ll see you at the Pontiac Silverdome right here in New Orleans, brother.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

Anyone try Retromania Wrestling yet?? I picked it up on Xbox a few weeks ago and been enjoying it alot. They really captured the old school wrestling game feeling.

My Backlog

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - I was shocked to see it on the eshop a few nights ago, I thought it was delayed on Switch. What are your thoughts on the gameplay, is it a fun, arcade button masher like the games that inspired it, or is there some strategy to the matches. It has an incredibly weird roster, but it would be fun to pull off a Doomsday Device, or play as the Russian Nightmare. There’s no CAW, correct?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee In will admit it's very bare bones right now. There is of course a story mode, single match mode comprised of single, and various tag matches and of course a steel cage. Sadly there is now CAW as of now. The devs said that they will be adding modes and of course characters throughout the lifecycle of the game, which to me sounds like they are taking an approach similar to Mutant Football League.

As for the roster yeah it's a bit odd. I know originally they roster was going to be composed of Youtubers but at some point in development they were able to get wrestlers instead. Of course thought the devs have said that due to rights they won't have any wrestlers in the game current signed to WWE, AEW, Impact or Ring of Honor. However there are some exceptions. Colt Cabana is in the game even though he is current signed to AEW and John Morrison, who is called Johnny Retro is in the game although he's current signed to WWE. And you have Matt Cardona and Brian Meyers both who are currently signed to Impact Wrestling. I know with Matt and Brian they signed the deal with Retromania not long after WWE released them last year and Colt Cabana had a deal with them early on in development (originally he was going to be an announcer back when it was going to be Youtubers) and I am guessing with Johnny Retro he signed a deal with them before WWE resigned him.

Also it appears that at some point of development the devs made a deal with NWA as there are NWA licensed arenas a.few NWA contracted wrestlers appear and of course the storyline championships is the NWA belt. Also it appears that NJPW doesn't have the same restrictions as WWE, AEW or the other promotions have since Zack Sabre Jr. and Jeff Cobb are in the game as well.

As for game play it's not a button masher it uses a sort of timing as well as a moment system. You have a light attack, medium and heavy attack, though you can't use the heavy attack until you build up some moment represented by three bars under a wrestlers life bar. Grapples are done by pressing one of the direction pads along with an attack button while pushing the run button while in a grapple with cause you to irish whip opponents towards the ropes. If you happen to lock up with an opponent you have use a timing system to over power them. While you are grappling them you character will flash and if you time it right you will win the lock up and toss them or lock them in a submission. As for finishers once your opponent is at a certain health level and you are at a moment of 3 doing a grapple move on them will cause your character to perform their finishing move.

Over all it's a fun game and really harkins back to the old WWF Arcade games. Gameplay is smooth but you can't go in button mashing there is a strategy. The characters are alot of fun and so are the modes but still in its current state it's very bare bones. Right now it is more fun playing it with someone else but there is no online mode at all (something the dev is looking into) so unless you have friends over. The story mode you will beat in an hour or so and there is an endurance mode to and you can do single player vs mode.

I hope that gives you some insight and I apologize for the lengthy post.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic