Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,969

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - Dude, thank you, you pretty much answered all the questions I have at the moment. I’m hoping NL will pull Shiryu out of moth balls to review it at some point. I first learned of it while watching an episode of NWA Powerrr (RIP) well over a year ago, and the ad on that episode showed a lot more NWA wrestlers than just Nick Aldis, complete and in the ring; so I’m sure there will be at least one roster update if not more. I think Cabana was wrestling in NWA at that time. Thanks again. I’ll probably give it some more time before I pick it up.

I’m also curious about that THQ wrestling clone on the eshop, can’t remember the name of it. It looks like it’s either great or trash with almost no in between. Definitely seems to require some level of N64 era wrestling game nostalgia to appreciate it.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee Yeah I am not that familiar with the NWA roster as I am with AEW, WWE and Impact so I couldn't tell you who's in the game from NWA. As for Cabana you're probably right I just remember seeing early builds for the game when he was an announcer. For being bare bones and a small dev team it's not bad but I would wait for sale.

As for the THQ game I have no idea this is the first time I heard of it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - Again, I appreciate it. It’s just a tad steep at the moment, but I’ll definitely get it. The THQ clone is called Wrestling Empire. I just did a tiny bit of research, and it’s actually a long running series on PC. If you look it up in the eshop, the trailer makes it look like a fully customizable federation where you make the wrestlers and storylines, then book and play the matches. It was on sale last month.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee Ok so it's more of a GM mode from the sounds of it. I will have to look into it when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.

My Backlog

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - I don’t care for video reviews, but I watched a couple on Wrestling Empire last night, and it does look pretty good. The visuals are a bit jarring from the 64 era, but the game seems to be made for those who loved the CAW and career mode in the THQ rassle games on N64. That’s definitely me. Looks like a couple worthy wrestling games on Switch then. I’ll grab Retromania and Empire at some point.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

I'll probably grab wrestling empire down the road bc I loved the 64 games that much. But I do have my eyes on retromania first.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee Yeah I did notice that Wrestling Empire is a loveletter to the N64 wrestling games much like Retromania is to Arcade style wrestling games. I will probably look into it here soon but yeah I agree we have two great looking wrestling games on the Switch now. There's also AEW's game on the way now too but I don't know when the release date is of that one or if there even is one.

My Backlog

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - Thanks to a head’s up from NBN, I just grabbed Wrestling Empire on sale in the NA eshop at 20% off. There’s also a demo, which I hadn’t noticed before, so you can try it out for free as well.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee Someone told me that Retromania is also on sale not sure what region or if the sale is even still on. Thanks for the heads up on the demo I will be sure to check that out.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

I will be elbow dropping everyone and anyone who stands in my way tonight

NintendoByNature

Link41x

I have a bad feeling about the main event tonight on Dynamite... I feel a major heel turn coming

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Link41x

@Tasuki I called the main event tonight, I called it...

Tasuki

@Link41x I am watching it now, I work Wednesday nights so I usually watch it the next day. That promo that Jericho did OMG classic Jericho. I love it!!!!!

My Backlog

Tasuki

OMG Blood & Guts (War Games) was such a great match. Watching it brought back alot of memories of the old WCW War Games matches. I was surprised by the end of the match though, I wasn't expecting that out come.

My Backlog

Link41x

I saw it coming, they need to build The Pinnacle up and a loss to The Inner Circle would've hurt them more then help them.

Link41x

The lineup for Double or Nothing on the 30th looks insane, I can't wait to watch!

Tasuki

@Link41x I don't know if you watch Impact Wrestling, OMG that ending to their Slammaversy PPV

Jay White vs Kenny Omega for the Impact Title!!! Yes please!!!!

My Backlog

Link41x

@Tasuki Nah, but I heard about it. I'm really looking forward to The Elite vs Bullet Club for sure

Tasuki

@Link41x Yeah so am I. I just don't understand though with everything that AEW, Impact, NJPW are doing it makes me wonder how WWE is still the number one promotion.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So WWE's answer to Impacts set up to Jay White vs Kenny Omega is bringing back John Cena and setting up Cena vs Reigns. Two superstars that no one gives a rats a** about. LMFAO. How is WWE still the top wrestling promotion in the US????

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic