Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,959

Tasuki

I love what AEW is building with Cody and Taz. I cheered so loud when he locked in the Tazmission.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Link41x

Sting! Sting! Sting!

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Tasuki

I was a teenager all over again when I saw Sting come out lol. Great to hear he has a multi-year contract with AEW. Hopefully he will wrestle more then he did in WWE. His time in WWE was such a waste of time.

And appearently AEW has a working relationship with Impact Wrestling with Kenny Omega set to appear on Tuesday nights Impact. Damn never thought I see that.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Was able to get the day off of work to watch Impact tonight. I honestly haven't watched Impact in years. Watched it alot in the early 2010s back when it was TNA. It was a nice alternative to WWE but just never felt as big as WWE. Back then my friends and I use to refer to TNA as WWE's retirement home due to stars like Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall etc or WWE rejects as it seemed they signed people to TNA that WWE wanted to distance themselves from due to personal problems, The Hardys, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair etc.

Still it will be interesting to see how much it has changed and I will be honest the only reason I am watching is to see what happened with Kenny Omega and the AEW crossover.

My Backlog

Link41x

All this Bullet Club teasing... I would lose my **** if Bullet Club invades AEW and Impact.

Tasuki

@Link41x The only reason I don't think Bullet Club will come to Impact is because of the bad blood between NJPW and Impact. I mean the could use the Bullet Club in theory just not call them Bullet Club kinda like what they did in WWE with AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.

My Backlog

Link41x

Still can't believe that Kenny Omega will be on a Impact PPV before an AEW one!

Tasuki

@Link41x I had a feeling he would be on Impacts PPV when I saw that Impact had a PPV coming up. I probably won't watch it mainly cause I don't want to spend the money just to see Kenny, but I will read about it somewhere online.

My Backlog

Link41x

@Tasuki Agreed, I don't mind checking out Impact on YouTube for replays. I don't think I'll be investing in the PPVs. Very interested to see where all of this is heading now though.

Tasuki

@Link41x Right if the do a whole invasion story line with Impact like more wrestlers bouncing between both shows I might find time to watch Impact or even a PPV but just to see a promo by one guy I can find that on YouTube somewhere.

Still the idea does excite me. As a wrestling fan that grew up during the 90s In always wanted to see that between WCW and WWF.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Tasuki

Damn I am shocked by the death of Brodie Lee/Luke Harper. I loved how much attention he was getting in AEW and loved him as part of the Wyatt Family. R.I.P. Exalted One.

My Backlog

Link41x

I just saw that, what a shame RIP Brodie Lee.

Link41x

Mike Chioda is apparently negotiating a full time deal with AEW(He has a part time deal atm). That is good to hear Also, that tribute show last week made me cry(I'm man enough to admit it).

Tasuki

@Link41x Yeah definitely great to hear especially after the way WWE treated him.

Yeah I got a little misty eyed with the tribute special last week as well especially with John Silver's and Alex Reynolds match and the end of it. Brodie Lee is this generation's Owen Hart and Eddie Guerrero no doubt about it.

My Backlog

Link41x

What a show! The ending was surprising to say the least!

Tasuki

Looks like Jay Whites split with NJPW is coming closer and closer. Appearently his profile has been removed from NJPW site. Rumors are circulating that WWE is trying to hard to get him which I hope he is smart enough not to go with them cause you know Vince will just screw him over.

My Backlog

Tasuki

I saw some clips of Kenny Omega on Impacts PPV last night. My biggest problem with Impact is that they don't have a crowd of anything not even filtered crowd noise it just makes the matches seem so boring. I understand it's due to COVID but at least pipe in some crowd noises. AEW has the locker rooms as the crown and WWE has the "Thunderdome" so I can't see why Impact can't do something along those lines.

My Backlog

Link41x

Kenny Omega came out in a Bullet Club shirt at the PPV last night, I'm very interested now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic