Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,969

Tasuki

Wow I saw last night's Dark Side of the Ring about Owen Hart and another masterpiece. This was the first time that Owen's wife and kids have talked publicly about his death. She even went onto detail on why Owen isn't and will probably never be in the WWE Hall of Fame (At least as long as she or her kids are alive) which totally makes sense now that I think about it. What amazes me is that Vince and even the authorities had the balls to continue the show. Now it makes sense on why Vince didn't cancel WrestleMania this year if he didn't cancel a show when Owen died. Still a very interesting piece.

Also in Wrestling news sadly authorities found the body today of Shad Gaspar the who was one half of the tag team Cryme Tyme in WWE and other promotions. He was swept out to sea the other day along with his son, who is safe but they didn't find him untill today. Thoughts to his family.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Wow just finished watching AEW Dynamite and what a.show it was. Really happy to see FTR (formally The Revival in WWE) make their AEW debut. Another great move by AEW for their tag team division. Can't wait to see what they do here. At least I am sure that they will get treated here better then in WWE.

My Backlog

jump

Tasuki wrote:

#ThankYouTaker

Yeah but he's not retired, he's just signed a 15 year contract and he's already hinting at going back to the ring plus they need new episodes of Last Ride.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

@jump From what I heard is it's a merchandise deal more then anything, although he said he could be talked into another match but it's unlikely at this time. I really would like to see a Taker/Sting match in the style of the Boneyard match but with Sting no longer part of WWE it would be a long shot, but you never know.

My Backlog

Link41x

I'll go back to watching WWE when Vince either dies or retires. Until then I'll stick with AEW.

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Tasuki

@Link41x Yep. I haven't watched WWE in a few years. I have however been watching AEW as well and am really enjoying it.

My Backlog

Link41x

I view WWE as follows: Fantastic talent, absolute crap product. I quit watching in 2014 and didn't look back.
I also have been watching AEW along with NWA. AEW has had low moments, but thankfully there have been more ups then downs. As I'm a huge Jon Moxley/Chris Jericho/Kenny Omega fan, it wasn't hard to get me watching AEW

Tasuki

@Link41x Yeah, don't get me wrong it's not like I don't like the talent of WWE I think it's fantastic, which is why I am excited to see FTR on AEW now. It's Vince and how he runs things that keeps me from enjoying WWE.

While I am not pleased that all those people were released from WWE a few weeks ago part of me is excited to see if some of them like Rusev will end up in AEW and get the push they deserve.

In other news Impact Wrestling has fired their champion Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of her title. Rumors are flying around for the reason as to why from being that her contract was about up and she refused to drop the title (ala Brett Hart) to her making racist comments backstage.

My Backlog

Link41x

AEW Fight For The Fallen 2019 is now free on BR Live. I'm sure it cost money before...

Link41x

Double or Nothing 2019, All Out and Full Gear are $14.99 each still.

Tasuki

@Link41x Ok so it must be a limited time thing. I remember seeing it advertise that Double or Nothing 2019 was free at one time along with the others you mentioned.

My Backlog

Link41x

Fyter Fest was fantastic tonight! I really enjoyed the AEW Women's Championship match more then I thought I would.

Tasuki

@Link41x Looking forward to watching it this weekend when I have a chance. I am usually at work when it airs for me. Luckily I have it set to DVR!

My Backlog

Tasuki

Watched Day one of Fyter Fest today. Alot of great matches but my two favorite were the Woman's Championship match and Private Party/Proud and Powerful match.

My Backlog

Link41x

Aew Fight for the Fallen in 5 days is going to be great! Looking forward to The Revival vs The Lucha Bros and of course the main event title match between Brian Cage and Jon Moxley!

Tasuki

I love how Tazz brought back the FTW Championship, only thing though In would have waited to give the title to Brian Cage after his lost to Moxley that way it would have made more sense but still nice to see the FTW Championship back.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Fight for the Fallen was great!!! Loved every moment of it but I think the best parts were the reveal of Nyla Rose's manager and of course a certain somebody's return. The tag matches were really great as well,. I love how much emphasis AEW puts on Tag Teams.

My Backlog

Link41x

I'm also really glad that AEW has breathed new life into tag team wrestling. WWE was having tag matches as an after thought or simply filler. I also really need to see FTR vs The Young Bucks soon, but I have a feeling that might happen at All Out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic