Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 1,969

Tasuki

@Link41x For sure they aren't going to have the first FTR/Revival encounter on Dynamite that's going to be a PPV for sure. Also I have the feeling that FTR will be fighting Omega/Page for the Titles before fighting the Young Bucks and probably will be getting the titles from Omega/Page as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magician

I haven't watched wrastlin' since the Monday night wars. But I enjoy watching OSW reviews every now and then. One of my favorite bits is when Bobby Heenan was putting Lex Luger over as the Narcissus. Talk about a hard sell, lol.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Link41x

Dynamite last night was very entertaining. Are the Four Horsemen making a comeback? Time will tell. I also feel like Arn Anderson may make a heel turn...

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Tasuki

@Link41x It would be nice but I don't think the Four Horseman will be returning especially since Flair is with WWE with Charlotte but it's possible that Arn and Tully will reunite.

It's was also nice to see Matt Cardona (Zack Ryder) make his AEW debut, I am really excited to see what they do with him.

My Backlog

Link41x

Darby Allin vs Jon Moxley for the title was a great main event last night

@Tasuki I doubt they would drag old members out to make a Four Horsemen stable, but use new talent if they did such a thing.

Tasuki

@Link41x Yeah but if you look Flair was in every incarnation of the Four Horsemen. Even pseudo ones like Evolution and Fortune. Also I believe Four Horsemen name rights belong to WWE.

Yeah loved the Moxley/Allen match. My biggest OMG moment was the return of Easy E to TNT!!!

My Backlog

Link41x

Due to a very odd glitch on BR Lives website, I've now seen every AEW PPV for free.

Tasuki

@Link41x Even the newest one? I know for awhile AEW was offering all their old PPVs ones from last year and such for free but I thought they ended that. Either they did and started up again or never ended it to begin with.

My Backlog

Link41x

@Tasuki All their content can be viewed for free due to the glitch yes, I just finished Double or Nothing 2020 again

Tasuki

I am really liking what they are doing with Brodie Lee character in AEW. I can't wait to see what happens with the Dark Order and The Nitemare Family.

My Backlog

Link41x

Mr. Brodie Lee was the right person to drop the title to. I also think we'll see the tag titles change as well.

Tasuki

@Link41x Without a doubt on both subjects. I always thought Brodie Lee was a great singles competitor, which made it aggervating to watch him in WWE. Don't get me wrong he I enjoyed him as part of the Wyatt family but after he left they should have given him a better singles run.

As for the tag titles yeah I believe Omega and Page will drop them to FTR and from there the story will will be about the internal problems with the Elite. Page being kicked out of the Elite and what follows that and possibly a heel turn for Kenny.

I don't expect Moxley to lose his title at All Out nor do I expect Shida to lose hers. I honestly wish they would work on bringing the woman's division up to the same level as say the tag team division but at the same time I know that alot of the women are either injured (Britt Baker, Kris Statlander) or stuck somewhere due to the pandemic (Riho, Emi Sakurai) and it is what it is but right now it just seems flat.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So big news coming out of the wrestling world today, Brock Lesnar is no longer under contract with the WWE. This is very interesting indeed as of right now nobody seems to know what he's doing. The main rumor is of course he's going to be going back to UFC but others are saying he might be going to AEW, NWA or even back to New Japan.

I am wondering if he will be making an appearance at All Out her in a few weeks. Will be awesome if he does though it would be kinda odd without Paul Haymen.

My Backlog

Link41x

I can't wait to see the matches that come out of this NWA/AEW partnership. Thunder Rosa vs Hikaru Shida will be great!

Wargoose

@Tasuki I'd be surprised if New Japan were interested in Brock after he legit stole their title lol

Wargoose

Tasuki

@Link41x I don't think it's a true partnership in the sense of something like ECW/WWE had in the 90s. I think its mainly for the Woman's Championship since right now any of the AEW woman who are on the same level as Shida are injured or stuck in other countries due to COVID. I mean don't get me wrong ones like Penelope Ford, Big Swol, are great but not on the same level as Shida. I am actually surprised that they haven't done Nyla Rose's rematch yet but maybe I missed something about her. But yeah from what I have read Tony Khan reached out to Billy Corgan and asked if he could borrow Thunder Rosa much like they borrowed Jeff Cobb a few months ago from RoH.

Tony Khan and Cody have stated that they don't mind if other wrestlers from other promotions want to do a one night thing he even extended it to WWE if Vince would go for that sort of thing. Heck if you remember Jericho put up a match for the AEW Championship back at last year's Wrestle Kingdom again Tanahashi if Tanahashi beat him. It's why also Jon Moxley was the New Japan US Champ for awhile.

@Wargoose He never stole their title. He won it and there was some controversy over it which is why they created a new one.

My Backlog

Link41x

So psyched for All Out tonight preshow starts in about two hours now. I ordered myself a bbq chicken pizza and picked up a six pack of Alexander Keiths to wash it down with

Link41x

@Tasuki I saw that in the Media Scrum, still is an interesting arrangement though!

Tasuki

Ordered All Out as well, it's going to be a great show. Got me a couple pizzas and a side of hot wings for the event. It's great to be excited for a PPV again.

My Backlog

Link41x

@Tasuki What a great tag title match!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic