Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,959

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee Yeah I am also looking forward to the ladder match and the Cody/Spears match. In all honesty I don't see a bad match on the card

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - Nope, it’s going to be tough to find breaks during the card. Most matches have back story or a stipulation, it’s going to be a lot of fun. I should have included Cody/Spears in the marquee matches. I can’t wait to see what the payoff is for that brutal chair shot earlier this summer. I can smell blood in the air. I’m real curious to see who the top guys on the card will work with to start TV, and who will work heel. This show could give us some clues.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tasuki

So apparently the AEW Championship was stolen off of Jericho in Tennessee.

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/chris-jericho-theft-champio...

Not sure what to make of this, if it's.something planned l like it's some shoot or something. If it is legit I wonder what they are going to do if they can't find it by October 2nd. I mean it won't be good for the TV premier for their Champion not to have the belt and quite honestly will make them look stupid.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

It appears to be legit stolen (or perhaps lost), as Chris filed a genuine police report about it. Certainly not the first time a belt's been stolen; if memory serves, Bruno had the belt stolen from him once upon a time, a couple TNA belts were stolen, the ECW TV title was stolen from their locker room ... and both Flair and Stone Cold (as well as many others) have stories about temporarily losing/misplacing the belt. AEW does have a replacement/backup belt, so it won't be an issue for TV.

But since, this is pro wrestling, it'll certainly be turned into an angle. Jericho, of course, is already in work-mode:

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

Well it the case has been solved has the belt has been found. At this time I haven't heard how it was found or who stole it or any other details like if the theft was trying to ransom it or what. Definitely good news though that it's back.

@the_shpydar No doubt I'm sure they will turn it into a storyline of some sorts.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Tasuki wrote:

Well it the case has been solved has the belt has been found. At this time I haven't heard how it was found or who stole it or any other details like if the theft was trying to ransom it or what. Definitely good news though that it's back.

Apparently it was found by someone on the side of the road and then turned in to the police. There's evidently still an ongoing investigation (considering the belt is valued at $30k, the theft is a serious felony), but yes, the good news is that it was found.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Right, wouldn't that be classified as grand theft? Obviously it sounds like the person chickened out after it went viral that it was stolen.

As a side note I did get a kick out of all the memes that we're going around the web especially the one saying that WWE was going to introduce a new Championship the All East/West Championship. Lol

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Yeah, definitely a grand larceny situation - typically theft crimes are classified by the value of the stolen property (as well as other factors like the manner in which an item was stolen). Potentially can result in serious jail time for the perpetrator(s).

Meanwhile, now that it's been found and everyone in AEW can joke about it, you just know Jericho's going to be ribbed mercilessly by the boys in the back

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

No doubt. I already saw AEW take a jab at Jericho with a AEW Woman's Championship tweet.

In other AEW news the Moxley/Omega fight is now scheduled for the next AEW PPV.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So apparently Impact Wrestling (formally TNA) has a new TV deal. Starting October AXS TV will now be showing Impact Wrestling. It will be kinda funny if it's on Wednesday nights.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

the_shpydar

While i am happy that Impact is finally going to be back on a channel that i have (it was just getting good again when they switched to Pursuit Channel, and i refuse to watch anything on Twitch, which simulcast the episodes), i was disappointed to learn that with the purchase of AXS by Anthem (Impact's parent company), they're no longer going to be showing Legacy Fighting Alliance (LFA) MMA (I believe Anthem also owns part or all of some other MMA interests). LFA was the only MMA that i watched (with any regularity, at least), so i hope they find another network partner soon (which they probably will, since it's basically a feeder-league for UFC).

But i will be happy to see Impact again. A lot of the talent on their roster is great (Sami Calahan & OVE, Brian Cage, Tessa Blanchard, Rosemary, etc.), and while many of them pop up elsewhere like MLW and some of the smaller indies, it's not the same as Impact, which has really turned it around with Don Callis and Scott D'amore running the show.

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Yeah I am excited to be able to watch Impact again, the last time I did was when they were on Spike. The only thing that will stop me from watching it is if they decided to go head to head with AEW and have it on Wednesday nights on AXS.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Yeah, that would probably be a dealbreaker for me as well. But since NXT's also going to be airing on Wednesdays, i can't imagine they would want to wander into that mess. I'm betting on either Thursday or Friday nights.

Friday has a newly-opened time slot on AXS since LFA is no longer airing, but then they'd be going up against Smackdown on Fox — unless they decided to have it start at 10pm EST after Smackdown ends, or if they do a "staggering" thing like during the Monday Night Wars was for a while (when both shows were 2 hours, but Nitro started an hour before Raw).

Thursday is probably the best bet, since they'd have no direct wrestling competition, and Thursday was Impact's regular night for quite a while (though it's bounced around to almost every night of the week in its chaotic history).

The Shpydarloggery

the_shpydar

Impact has been announced for Tuesday nights, starting October 29. I suppose its a smart choice, since Smackdown moving to Friday leaves a Tuesday-shaped whole.

So right now in the national wrestling scene we're looking at:

Monday - WWE RAW
Tuesday - IMPACT
Wednesday - AEW Dynamite and NXT
Friday - WWE Smackdown
Saturday - WOW and New Japan on AXS, MLW on BeIN

This of course doesn't count streaming shows (like 205 Live, assuming it's still going to continue), or the recently announced show that NWA will be putting on, or Sunday night PPVs.

What a time to be a wrestling fan!

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Wow that is some schedule for wrestling fans. Myself I probably for sure be watching AEW and New Japan. I might watch a few episodes of Impact mainly since I haven't seen an episode since their days on Spike. WWE for me just has become to stale.

I do believe though Ring of Honor has something on Tuesday nights on Stadium but they shouldn't be a problem with Impact.

Will Smackdown still be live?

My Backlog

Tasuki

@the_shpydar So I guess they bumped up Impacts premier to October 2nd. At least that was the advertisement I saw during NJPW last night.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Yeah, i noticed that too. There's actually been a few IMPACT-related shows on AXS so far, but it was just stuff that's already aired elsewhere. They did show the AAA vs IMPACT show from MSG, which was cool.

I'm guessing that they figured it makes better sense to jump on the "premiere week" thing — RAW's "season preimire" (with a new announce team, theme song, title matches, etc.) on Monday, AEW debuting on Wednesday, and Smackdown's premiere on FOX (which, yes, is going to be live). Plus, with this being the first week where Smackdown's no longer on Tuesday, the smart marketing is on figuring that people might be flipping around the dial looking for wrestling that night.

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Right that's what I was thinking as well, they figured might as well. You also had NJPW and WoW season premiere as well this past Saturday.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So apparently Impact is still set to debut on October 29th. For the next three weeks they will be showing matches from past PPVs. I can see the reason for this, basically it's a marketing thing since both WWE and AEW have their premiers this week Impact just didn't want to be left behind. It's also smart of them to have these shows as to kinda reintroduce themselves to the wrestling world since it's been years since they had a regular TV deal.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic