Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,268

MarioVillager92

More Tears of the Kingdom, and I also felt like playing Super Mario Advance as my side game. The first one that's a remake of Super Mario Bros. 2. I actually like it quite a bit, it feels like it's a remixed version of SMB2, with how there's larger vegetables and Shy Guys you could throw around. Come to think of it, I kinda wish the other SMA remakes were like that, particularly with Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. Those feel most similar to their SNES originals overall.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

TheBigBlue

I just finished another Golden Deer play through on Fire Emblem Three Houses and the credits are rolling as I type this. Let me just say, even though I’ve had this game since June 2022, I’ve played it to death and I still love it. The game has aged magnificently, and is a perfect fit for the switch. It has its flaws, but the game is so content rich (4 paths, with hours upon hours of gameplay in each!) and the stories/characters are very well written. It has its share of cringey dialogue, but it doesn’t affect the script too much unlike Engage, where the dialogue is so goofy and outlandish sometimes, it physically hurts (I still like that game though.) And I haven’t even begun to talk about the battles. Honestly, I could be here for days talking about how much I enjoy this game, but I won’t, cause it’s Friday and we have better things to do than listen to me gush about this game. If you are a fan of tactical strategy rpgs in any way shape or form, and even if you’re a fan of social sim games, cause this has a fair bit of that too, give this a spin. It’s not for everyone, but it’s a very well done game.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

NintendoByNature

@TheBigBlue its still my favorite strategy game ever. I only did the blue lions so far. One day ill get back to the other houses.

NintendoByNature

TheBigBlue

@NintendoByNature Blue Lions is a great first route. Pretty tricky finale, but still great fun. If you still have the game, you gotta play the other routes eventually. They are all so great and different from one another in the latter half of each route, anyway

RR529

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor (PS5) - Think I'm getting close to the end now. I'm on the moon getting ready to confront Rayvis, and just obtained the upgrade that lets you grapple between balloons.

I have every world's completion rate somewhere in the 80-90% range (it's so good to have Koboh at almost 90% since it's sooo huge), though I know there'll probably be at least one more world to go to. I currently have a maximum of 10 health stims, and all those Force crystal upgrade things are only giving me EXP anymore, so I'm pretty positive I've maxed out my total health & Force meter.

Blue Reflection (Steam) - Just recently beat the second boss. Not quite sure what to think of it yet, it's a traditional turn based JRPG with a few twists (and I don't think all of it's mechanics have opened up yet).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jhena

Doraemon Story Of Seasons Friends Of The Great Kingdom. This will be good. Even for a Story Of Seasons game this is very peaceful and I already feel like I am home. I feel like the best people work on this series and the rest made the remake and Pioneers Of Olive Town. The Doraemon series has much more soul and feels alive.

Being able to see the missions to advance the story is a nice addition. In the last game sometimes I had no idea how to progress.

Playing a character who has a character is cool. Generally the people are very likeable and I propably should try to watch the Doraemon series.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Dpullam

I am about to provide a very common response. The Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom. As many others have been doing, I am exploring the game's world, soaking into the lore, and enjoying every minute of it. Every time you think you have learnt everything you can learn, new things appear, and you always feel like there is something new to do or see. Or an old method to complete a task that you can update to be easier once you understand the game's mechanics better always appears. This is a game of experimentation and problem solving. You can play it any way you want, but I have found the most enjoyment in that experimentation..

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

kkslider5552000

Mostly been playing Advance Wars: Reboot Camp version and replaying Ocarina of Time on NSO (based on what I heard, glad I waited to replay it long after NSO N64's launch :V).

I don't have a lot interesting to say about either since I've played them before. I have been paying slightly more attention to extra bits of dialogue in OOT and failing to remember where the Dampe heart piece is but otherwise, nothing too new here. I would like to finally 100% it this time.

As for Advance Wars, there are elements that are off (that animation for taking over cities especially), but for the most part the people who dislike the art style are wrong. It is great. It is a cool, clever update of the game's visuals. I have seen enough underwhelming 2d sprite to 3D model reimaginings in remakes or sequels to say Advance Wars Reboot Camp is very good looking. Not to the level of Link's Awakening remake, which I just played, but compared to the NSMB era of gaming and most of what came from that, its like night and day in terms of artistic merit.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dpullam

I was playing Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart on PS5 before I purchased The Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom on Nintendo Switch. I am about halfway through that game, but Zelda always takes precedence and I have been addicted to that game's world since I bought it about 2 weeks back.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Jhena

Still playing Doraemon Story Of Seasons Friends Of The Great Kingdom. I am deeply in love with this game. The name of my farm is Lumina with a smile above the a. Now I have my first animals. A chicken (Gertrud), a cow (Annabell) and a sheep (Claire). Of course they get alot of sunshine. The first festival is over and won. The shooting club festival was fun and the kind of festival I like. One of my favourites is the tomatoes throwing festival in Back To Nature.

Our house got bigger. It is cool that even events like this get a cutscene, even just ordering stuff like a stable does get a cutscene.

Generally I like the stories of the villagers so far. I am already interested in their lifes and what happens next.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

KAIRU

Been playing the Lies of P demo since it was released at SGF last night. This game is something else. I know it’s only a demo and a few things may change between now and release in September but, my word, this game may very well be my GOTY if the full release is more of the same.

The souls-like elements, the world building, the eerie atmosphere, plus the characters and the combat are all filling me with sheer joy as I play through it. This game has been one of my most anticipated for a while now and I’m doubling down on that stance after a few hours with the demo.

If you like souls-likes, download it and give it a go.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

MarioVillager92

I wanted to take a break from TotK, so I came back to Splatoon 3 today. I tried out one of the new weapons and tried out the new challenge mode, and it was pretty fun. The new weapon that I got was the S-Blast '92. I wanted it because I'm a huge fan of the SNES, but I'm not exactly used to blaster weapons. I'll likely get used to it once I get some more practice.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

FishyS

NintendoByNature wrote:

Diablo III and Shantae Half Genie Hero

Gotta love shantae. Now I kind of want to play some. Hope you enjoy!

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

NintendoByNature

@FishyS it's decent. Not nearly as good as the rest of the games, but it looks gorgeous and has that same sense of humor.

NintendoByNature

Fizza

Nearly an entire year after first booting up Alpha 2, I finally started Street Fighter Alpha 3 today and am having a pretty great time all around. The spritework/aesthetic on display is so 90's in the best way possible, the gameplay has been expanded to an insane degree with all the new -ism's for Supers and the roster/music are absolutely excellent. While I don't think I prefer it to Alpha 2 yet, it's overall great stuff and I'm excited to keep going in the future!

Really the only major dampener on my time with Alpha 3 so far is that SHIN BISON IS AN ABSOLUTE DEMON OH MY GOD WHO THE F*** ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN
Untitled
at least his theme is an absolute banger

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

Well, after my trip to the cinema to go see Spider-verse had to be put on hold due to an unforeseen rally event taking place, I decided to finally start Kirby and the Forgotten Land for the first time and just....wow. WOW. WOW!!!

Do you know that feeling of pure happiness you get whenever you see a well-loved family member for the first time in forever? That's basically been my experience with Forgotten Land so far. It's been over 6 years since I last played a Modern-styled Kirby game (the last one being my first Kirby game in Triple Deluxe) and, while I've absolutely loved my time in older Kirby games (Super Star and 64 are some of my favourites of all-time), to say I was starting to feel fatigued by the Dark Matter Trilogy would be an understatement. So to have a game come around that both feels extremely fresh yet lovingly familiar (between the levels, copy abilities, music, locales) just puts a gigantic smile on my face every time I think about it. I've currently 100%-ed both World 1 & 2 after about 5 hours of playtime and am about to head into World 3 for the first time, what a fantastic game so far man 🥹
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Megas75

Tears of the Kingdom still. I know I've played for over 60 hours, but I just finished my second temple and completed opening up the Depths

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

TheBigBlue

Started Tears Of The Kingdom on June 11, and I also started Crash 4 and Mario 3D World on Thursday. I’ve barely had time to play the latter two games I mentioned because I’m hopelessly addicted to Tears Of The Kingdom.

TheBigBlue

@Fizza have you played Kirby Planet Robobot before? That game is incredible, brought me into the series and is probably what I consider the best 3D Kirby game (the only 3D Kirby I haven’t played is Forgotten Land, so if that’s better, than Robobot is second best.) And you get to play as Meta Knight and maybe even pilot his Halberd at some point 😉

And the storyline is borderline tragic. The boss battles are surprisingly difficult, I can’t recommend this enough. I haven’t played this game in over half a decade, but it’s still fresh in my mind to this day.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic